Wikiposts

Quick update re: NVC

Old Dec 9th 2003, 2:09 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Quick update re: NVC

Hi All,
I know there have been some questions lately about NVC and how long they take to process things, so thought I would just offer a quick update to our timeline for comparison's sake:

5/29/03 1st NOA for 129F (K1), NSC
11/26/03 2nd NOA online
12/1/03 2nd NOA in mail
12/4/03 Petition arrives at NVC
12/8/03 Petition clears NVC and is forwarded to London

Now, *THAT'S* quick! (and two days of that was a weekend, too!)

Next step is to confirm receipt at London, and get packet three, then we're off to the interview stage! Hoping for a Valentine's Day arrival now.........

~SecretGarden
~and Mr. Pink
(Onward to London!)
Old Dec 9th 2003, 2:15 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quick update re: NVC

Great news! Congratulations SG and MrP!

Wow!! You blew through there!! Can you (or anybody), clarify exactly what is done at the NVC?

Leslie

Originally posted by SecretGarden
Hi All,
I know there have been some questions lately about NVC and how long they take to process things, so thought I would just offer a quick update to our timeline for comparison's sake:

5/29/03 1st NOA for 129F (K1), NSC
11/26/03 2nd NOA online
12/1/03 2nd NOA in mail
12/4/03 Petition arrives at NVC
12/8/03 Petition clears NVC and is forwarded to London

Now, *THAT'S* quick! (and two days of that was a weekend, too!)

Next step is to confirm receipt at London, and get packet three, then we're off to the interview stage! Hoping for a Valentine's Day arrival now.........

~SecretGarden
~and Mr. Pink
(Onward to London!)
Old Dec 9th 2003, 2:17 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on whisking through the NVC :-))) It's smooth sailing from here! :-)

Rene
Old Dec 9th 2003, 2:18 am
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats.... congrats..... congrats.....
Old Dec 9th 2003, 2:22 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Leslie66
Great news! Congratulations SG and MrP!

Wow!! You blew through there!! Can you (or anybody), clarify exactly what is done at the NVC?

Leslie
Hi Leslie!
My understanding is that the namechecks are done there, but I'm not sure what else. When I first called and found out it had been received, they told me "two to four weeks to be processed here". Obviously that's a standard answer but as I've seen here recently, some people just fly in and out of there really quickly, which we did!

When I called last night to see if it was still there, I was told that no, it had been sent out yesterday to the consulate, and that it would be "ten to fifteen business days before they receive it in London". Will be interesting to see if that timeframe holds up too. I'm hoping that's also a standard answer and we will be close to getting Packet three by that time!

~SG (thanks for the congrats....another hurdle jumped!)
Old Dec 9th 2003, 2:46 am
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute

10-15 business days is a standard repy. I got the same from them for the Bogota consulate.

Hi Leslie!
My understanding is that the namechecks are done there, but I'm not sure what else. When I first called and found out it had been received, they told me "two to four weeks to be processed here". Obviously that's a standard answer but as I've seen here recently, some people just fly in and out of there really quickly, which we did!

When I called last night to see if it was still there, I was told that no, it had been sent out yesterday to the consulate, and that it would be "ten to fifteen business days before they receive it in London". Will be interesting to see if that timeframe holds up too. I'm hoping that's also a standard answer and we will be close to getting Packet three by that time!

Old Dec 9th 2003, 3:00 am
The Missus

Originally posted by lpdiver
10-15 business days is a standard repy. I got the same from them for the Bogota consulate.
Probably jumping the gun, but I wondered if you had contacted Bogota to see if they've gotten it yet?

~SG
(*finding herself becoming increasingly impatient as we get closer! eeeek!*)
Old Dec 9th 2003, 3:03 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi SG,

You're welcome. I felt a sense of "hurdle jumped" when mine was forwarded too. You'll be surprised how fast things start to happen now. It's very exciting after getting released from the service center. Have you already done your Affidavit of Support?

Yes. That is all I've ever heard they do at the NVC. Name checks. Really, I would think, unless you get a hit, 2-4 days is plenty of time for a name check (assuming that's all they do there). They must not have much of a back-log right now. My file wasn't there for too terribly long either. I hope this is an indication that the rest of the process will fly by quickly for you.

Leslie

Hi Leslie!

Old Dec 9th 2003, 3:03 am
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute

I did e-mail themn but they typically take six weeks to reply and the phone can be two hours or more on hold. At this stage we have resigned our selves to just wait for a while anyway... The police report won't be ready until 16'th Dec...sooooo. But yes I did e-mail with k-3 approved in the subject box and request that they open a provisional file. No reply in one week.

Probably jumping the gun, but I wondered if you had contacted Bogota to see if they've gotten it yet?

~SG
(*finding herself becoming increasingly impatient as we get closer! eeeek!*)
Old Dec 9th 2003, 3:09 am
The Missus

Hi SG,

You're welcome. I felt a sense of "hurdle jumped" when mine was forwarded too. You'll be surprised how fast things start to happen now. It's very exciting after getting released from the service center. Have you already done your Affidavit of Support?

Yes. That is all I've ever heard they do at the NVC. Name checks. Really, I would think, unless you get a hit, 2-4 days is plenty of time for a name check (assuming that's all they do there). They must not have much of a back-log right now. My file wasn't there for too terribly long either. I hope this is an indication that the rest of the process will fly by quickly for you.

Leslie
Hi again, Les...(wow, I'm getting lots of work done here today...sigh!)

Yes, I already did the I134 (in triplicate---one for me to keep here, one for him to take to interview and one for him to keep as necessary---all with everything they asked for, and I'm ashamed to admit it, but I did copies of tax returns AND transcripts. Also, employer letter, letter from bank with account information (checking and savings), original W2s and copies and pay stubs. As well as bank statements for the last year for both accounts. OMG, I do have a problem, don't I??? )

I was over to visit in early November and even though we didn't have our approval yet, I brought it all with me and we set up his interview binder-thingy. With the exception of actually downloading and filling out his interview forms, we're ready.

~SG
Old Dec 9th 2003, 4:06 am
WTF?

Well according to Rene and I, your pattern of anal retentive behaviour is perfectly normal. Tee hee hee. We did basically the same thing. In fact, I sent two completed, signed and notarized, copies of the I134 (along with keeping a copy for each of us). Because somebody scared me into thinking they wanted two copies of everything.

Leslie

Yes, I already did the I134 (in triplicate---one for me to keep here, one for him to take to interview and one for him to keep as necessary---all with everything they asked for, and I'm ashamed to admit it, but I did copies of tax returns AND transcripts. Also, employer letter, letter from bank with account information (checking and savings), original W2s and copies and pay stubs. As well as bank statements for the last year for both accounts. OMG, I do have a problem, don't I??? )

I was over to visit in early November and even though we didn't have our approval yet, I brought it all with me and we set up his interview binder-thingy. With the exception of actually downloading and filling out his interview forms, we're ready.

~SG
Old Dec 9th 2003, 4:10 am
Forum Regular

cmstrick is an unknown quantity at this point

~SG
i gathered exactly the same things that you did, I-134 that they didn't request at the interview, 2 letters from the bank that they didn't request, an employment letter which i gave them, original tax files, transcripts, pay stubs, bank statements for the last year...

i gave them the letter from my employer, and they asked for 1 copy of my tax returns.....that was it for the support
Old Dec 9th 2003, 4:10 am
Forum Regular

cmstrick is an unknown quantity at this point

~SG
i gathered exactly the same things that you did, I-134 that they didn't request at the interview, 2 letters from the bank that they didn't request, an employment letter which i gave them, original tax files, transcripts, pay stubs, bank statements for the last year...

i gave them the letter from my employer, and they asked for 1 copy of my tax returns.....that was it for the support
Old Dec 9th 2003, 4:14 am
The Missus

Well according to Rene and I, your pattern of anal retentive behaviour is perfectly normal. Tee hee hee. We did basically the same thing. In fact, I sent two completed, signed and notarized, copies of the I134 (along with keeping a copy for each of us). Because somebody scared me into thinking they wanted two copies of everything.

Leslie
Exactly....that's what his second copy is for---just in case they need another original of something. And that poor guy at the bank that I used to notarize everything! He even notarized my cover letters as to original signature and the letters he wrote about my accounts. I swear to God I'm going to buy him a drink and replace the ink in his little stamp pad thing when this is all over. I also made him sign everything in blue pen, so that they would know the signatures were original. EEEEEEEEEK. Come to think of it, he saw me at the bank the other day and turned tail and RAN! No, actually he asked me how things were going and was quite pleased to hear that things were moving along.

Hey, wanna start a NG Award for the most Anal Retentive one of us here? LOL!
~SG
(wondering what else I can check, double check and triple check before I finally just let it goooo.......)
Old Dec 9th 2003, 4:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Karen D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud of

Hi SG and congrats to you and Mr Pink on a speedy NVC experience.

My understanding is that the namechecks are done there,
Obviously the NVC had no problem with "SecretGarden" and "Mr Pink", as they are not common names!
... and that it would be "ten to fifteen business days before they receive it in London".
Check out my timeline, the NVC Fed-Ex'd my file to London and they received it in 2 days!

If you're impatient (can't think why you would be...!), you know you can download the forms that you will be receiving in P3 in advance and start filling them in. It might take your mind off the wait...

Just one last tip, you'd better start practising not being rude and weird, ready for the interview!

Not long now!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.