Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Quick query - welcome letter says conditional, married more than two years...

Quick query - welcome letter says conditional, married more than two years...

Old Jun 27th 2006, 10:46 pm
Just Joined

bluebeard is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Quick query - welcome letter says conditional, married more than two years...

When they approved the application the officer confirmed that PR would be unconditional, but the welcome letter, which arrived today, says conditional. Married February 2004, approved June 27th 2006. Married for over two years (feels like 5 ).

Is this a standard letter? I was thinking of waiting for the card, but wondered whether an appointment or call to UCIS beforehand might make a difference.

Any advice appreciated!

Thanks
Old Jun 27th 2006, 11:01 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quick query - welcome letter says conditional, married more than two years...

Originally Posted by bluebeard
When they approved the application the officer confirmed that PR would be unconditional, but the welcome letter, which arrived today, says conditional. Married February 2004, approved June 27th 2006. Married for over two years (feels like 5 ).

Is this a standard letter? I was thinking of waiting for the card, but wondered whether an appointment or call to UCIS beforehand might make a difference.

Any advice appreciated!

Thanks
I would wait for the actual card, and see what it says. Who knows, maybe they made a typo on the Welcome letter. If the GC is still wrong, make an Infopass appointment to show them you should have gotten the 10-year. Most likely they'll have you order a new GC which can take forever to receive.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Jun 27th 2006, 11:08 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Quick query - welcome letter says conditional, married more than two years...

Thanks - officer was clear would be unconditional, will wait and see what card says. Email updates from UCIS are comic - still referring to cancelled September interview, that could be the hitch. Who knows, eh?

bb
Old Jun 28th 2006, 6:45 am
Special K!

I had this happen... the GC was issued 9 days after our 2nd anniversary so
therefore should have been a 10 year card, but they sent me the 2 year card.
I wrote them a nice letter, stating the reasoning why I should have gotten a
10 year card... and about a year later, after pretty much forgetting about
the whole thing, a new 10 year card arrived in the mail, complete with a
letter from UCIS actually apologizing for their mistake. I thought about
framing the letter. :)

I think infopass would likely be a much quicker route though.

"bluebeard" <member32521@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected] m...
    > When they approved the application the officer confirmed that PR would
    > be unconditional, but the welcome letter, which arrived today, says
    > conditional. Married February 2004, approved June 27th 2006. Married for
    > over two years (feels like 5 ;)).
    > Is this a standard letter? I was thinking of waiting for the card, but
    > wondered whether an appointment or call to UCIS beforehand might make a
    > difference.
    > Any advice appreciated!
    > Thanks
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Jul 3rd 2006, 8:50 pm
Just Joined

Just to update, GC arrived today and ten-year card, so unconditional. Useless EAD arrived in same mail!

Anyone needing help down in New Orleans with the new office pm me. As in directions, not advancement of their case! I also know a very good local lawyer.

Thanks for all your advice, and best of luck.

bb
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 11:19 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Quick query - welcome letter says conditional, married more than two years...

Originally Posted by bluebeard
Just to update, GC arrived today and ten-year card, so unconditional. Useless EAD arrived in same mail!

Anyone needing help down in New Orleans with the new office pm me. As in directions, not advancement of their case! I also know a very good local lawyer.

Thanks for all your advice, and best of luck.

bb
Congratulations! It was worth waiting for the card itself.