Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

quick Q about notifications...

quick Q about notifications...

Old Jun 4th 2010, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

BenFrancis is just really niceBenFrancis is just really niceBenFrancis is just really niceBenFrancis is just really niceBenFrancis is just really niceBenFrancis is just really niceBenFrancis is just really niceBenFrancis is just really nice
Default quick Q about notifications...

Hey everyone

like the title, I have a question about notifications. I know about the letter (NoA1) to USC, and understand that there will be a second letter (soon - NoA2) but how are notifications done after that?

I have read references to both emails AND letters, on my travels... could someone clarify with what they got and when?

Thanks for your always useful help!

Ben
Old Jun 4th 2010, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

Family_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: quick Q about notifications...

Ignore the e mails and wait for the letters would be a good rule of thumb. What and when you get the what is dependant upon the benefit you are applying for, the number of applications in the system, the last time grandma changed her underwear and a whole host of other unknowns.
Old Jun 4th 2010, 5:17 pm
Dragon with a Wagon

Dudette has a brilliant futureDudette has a brilliant futureDudette has a brilliant futureDudette has a brilliant futureDudette has a brilliant futureDudette has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Family_Guy
Ignore the e mails and wait for the letters would be a good rule of thumb. What and when you get the what is dependant upon the benefit you are applying for, the number of applications in the system, the last time grandma changed her underwear and a whole host of other unknowns.
Liking it hahaha

But seriously Family Guy is right, the emails and stuff aren't worth anything, just wait for the paper in hand stuff, that way you know where you stand and you know everything is up to scratch, well at least that's what I have found anyway and that's after taking advice from the peeps here
Old Jun 4th 2010, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

BenFrancis is just really niceBenFrancis is just really niceBenFrancis is just really niceBenFrancis is just really niceBenFrancis is just really niceBenFrancis is just really niceBenFrancis is just really niceBenFrancis is just really nice

Originally Posted by Family_Guy
thanks
what I should have said was an I-129F/K1/CR1 which would have helped, sorry.
My understanding (read assumption) was that everything would be letter based, so I don't understand what emails you get and at what stage...
I think you have answered my ultimate question though which would be about acting on emails rather than letters, however if you can enlighten me I would be grateful!
Thanks, Ben
Old Jun 4th 2010, 5:39 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BenFrancis
what I should have said was an I-129F/K1/CR1 which would have helped,
Those 3 are not lumped all together, though. The process is one way for an I-129F petition which leads to a K-1 visa. It is another way for an I-130 petition which leads to a CR-1 Immigrant Visa.

I think you guys are a K-1, right? So make sure the answers you receive are only regarding the K-1 process, not the CR-1 process.

Rene
Old Jun 4th 2010, 5:41 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Ben,

The next "notice" should be a letter in the mail to the USC, notifying them that the case was sent from NVC to the US embassy abroad. Don't worry if she doesn't get this, though....we never got one.

After the embassy receives your file from NVC, you (the UKC) should get a letter in the mail with instructions on how to go online to fill out the visa application forms, how to get the medical done, and what to return via mail for them to set up an interview for you.

Rene