Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Questions about those fabulous tax returns

Questions about those fabulous tax returns

Old Jan 19th 2003, 4:36 pm
darrenb

Default Questions about those fabulous tax returns

So we are two weeks away from the embassy interview in London and a certain degree of panic is setting in.

I have some questions about tax returns which should be no problem for you seasoned experts to answer.

Our situation is this. My wife (USC) has been living in the UK since July 2000 (we married Nov 2000 and she was on UK fiancee Visa prior to that). She didnt file for exclusion with the IRS in 2001 and 2002. We are currently doing that right now (a fair bit late I admit!). As she obviously hasnt been working in the US for last 2 and a half years her sister will be acting as my co-sponsor. My sister in laws tax returns and w2's are all in order and we shall have them for the interview. My wife however only has her tax returns for 2000 and doesnt have her w2 for that year. She has nothing for 2001 and 2002 although we can prove that she has at last filed for exclusion using that fabulous 2255ez form (or something to that effect).

Is this likely to cause us problems at the interview? Is there anything we can do between now and the time of the interview (feb 4th) that could help?

Im sorry to keep posting questions for all you guys to help me with. I would like to think that when the whole process is finished I may be able to offer seom pearls of wisdom myself!!!

Thanks again,

D