Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

questions about medical and interview for CR1/CR2

questions about medical and interview for CR1/CR2

Old May 26th 2009, 11:31 am
Just Joined

Lillith will become famous soon enoughLillith will become famous soon enough
Default questions about medical and interview for CR1/CR2

Hi all, first I'd like to thank everyone on this site for their invaluable wealth of information, it has helped guide me through this whole process.

Secondly, sorry if these questions have been asked before, but I couldn't find the answers I was looking for when I searched.

My case was completed at NVC on May 8th. We've had no written confirmation of case complete, just the automated phone service confirmed by speaking to an actual operator, who also told us we would receive a July interview date sometime in the 3rd week of June. Could anyone tell me when I can book appointments for mine and my daughters medicals. Do I have to wait for my interview confirmation or something from NVC before booking this?

Also, since I like to be prepared, could anyone please tell me what documents I will need to prepare to take to the interview. I see people posting lists of things like their birth and police certificates and sponsor forms, but it was my understanding that the NVC will forward all these to the embassy as they have already processed these documents and have them in their possession. Do I still need to take further copies of them with me to interview?

Thank you for any help you can offer me
Old May 26th 2009, 7:18 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: questions about medical and interview for CR1/CR2

Originally Posted by Lillith
Hi all, first I'd like to thank everyone on this site for their invaluable wealth of information, it has helped guide me through this whole process.

Secondly, sorry if these questions have been asked before, but I couldn't find the answers I was looking for when I searched.

My case was completed at NVC on May 8th. We've had no written confirmation of case complete, just the automated phone service confirmed by speaking to an actual operator, who also told us we would receive a July interview date sometime in the 3rd week of June. Could anyone tell me when I can book appointments for mine and my daughters medicals. Do I have to wait for my interview confirmation or something from NVC before booking this?

Also, since I like to be prepared, could anyone please tell me what documents I will need to prepare to take to the interview. I see people posting lists of things like their birth and police certificates and sponsor forms, but it was my understanding that the NVC will forward all these to the embassy as they have already processed these documents and have them in their possession. Do I still need to take further copies of them with me to interview?

Thank you for any help you can offer me
You can follow the flow chart here: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigra...info_3190.html

I believe you can go ahead and schedule your medical; the easiest way to find out is to call the NVC and ask them if they have not given any indication of the next step for you. I suspect the medical instructions will be sent with your interview notice.

Immigrant Visa applicants like yourself pre-submit the interview documents. Don't worry about what you are reading about K-1 interviews.
However, it's a good idea for you to take to the interview a copy of everything already submitted. If you submitted photocopies to the NVC, I believe you must bring the originals with you to the Consulate.