Reload this Page >

Questions about Medical - I-130

Questions about Medical - I-130

Old Nov 25th 2014, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

wolfft is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Questions about Medical - I-130

Hi,

We (I am the USC sponsoring my wife) submitted our I-130 pack which was confirmed as received by the embassy 6th Oct 2014. We are hoping to receive our NOA2 in the next few days (the US embassy website shows their processing petitions filed on October 01, 2014) so are preparing for the medical.

Can someone who has recently been to a medical please confirm the vaccinations required for my wife (she's 42)? From looking at http://photos.state.gov/libraries/un...cine_chart.pdf I think she only needs confirmation that she has had 'Tdap' and 'MMR'. Is that correct?

The other confusion I have is the photos. On Medical Examination | Embassy of the United States it states 'FOUR (4) photographs which meet Department of State requirements' while page 1 of http://photos.state.gov/libraries/un...8a_medical.pdf it says 'A photograph for each person attending the medical, including babies The specifications of the photograph are the same as those obtained for the visa'.

So do we need 1 US passport photo or 4? There a bit pricey so we don't want to get more if we don't need to

Last question - On the Medical Questionnaire it asks for the 'Visa Appointment Date'. From what I understand the visa appointment can only be booked once the medical has taken place. In which case that question needs to be left blank on the form? is that correct?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the questions I just want to make sure this bit goes smoothly!
Old Nov 25th 2014, 3:14 pm
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Questions about Medical - I-130

Originally Posted by wolfft

Can someone who has recently been to a medical please confirm the vaccinations required for my wife (she's 42)? From looking at http://photos.state.gov/libraries/un...cine_chart.pdf I think she only needs confirmation that she has had 'Tdap' and 'MMR'. Is that correct?
Yes.

The other confusion I have is the photos. On Medical Examination | Embassy of the United States it states 'FOUR (4) photographs which meet Department of State requirements' while page 1 of http://photos.state.gov/libraries/un...8a_medical.pdf it says 'A photograph for each person attending the medical, including babies The specifications of the photograph are the same as those obtained for the visa'.

So do we need 1 US passport photo or 4? There a bit pricey so we don't want to get more if we don't need to
That is odd, I've never noticed that before. I only took one to my medical. Ask when you phone them to book the appointment. Oh and BTW, PhotoMe booths give you 5 US size photos for £7

Last question - On the Medical Questionnaire it asks for the 'Visa Appointment Date'. From what I understand the visa appointment can only be booked once the medical has taken place. In which case that question needs to be left blank on the form? is that correct?
Yes.
Old Nov 25th 2014, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

wolfft is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Questions about Medical - I-130

Thanks so much for confirming what I thought was correct as well as for the heads up on PhotoMe booths. Snappy Snaps charge £15 for 2 US size photos!
Old Nov 25th 2014, 4:02 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Questions about Medical - I-130

I disagree with BunnyGirl on this one. If you don't know the date, say so... "unknown" is not only a perfectly acceptable answer - it's the actual truth.

Ian
Old Nov 25th 2014, 7:44 pm
BE Practitioner (Level 2)

username.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Questions about Medical - I-130

You're going to need two additional photos for the interview, so may as well get the four anyway.