Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Questions about I-751 process

Questions about I-751 process

Old Jan 27th 2021, 5:49 pm
Just Joined

katiemack is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Questions about I-751 process

Hello! My husbands green card has expired and we’ve already sent off the application and everything but his AZ driver’s license expired the same day his green card did and we’ve been told he can’t renew it until he gets his new green card or some kind of documentation showing that he’s legally here. When should we expect to hear back about his application? Does anyone know if there’s a way to get his license renewed somehow in the mean time? Thanks!
Old Jan 27th 2021, 6:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Questions about I-751 process

Originally Posted by katiemack
Hello! My husbands green card has expired and we’ve already sent off the application and everything but his AZ driver’s license expired the same day his green card did and we’ve been told he can’t renew it until he gets his new green card or some kind of documentation showing that he’s legally here. When should we expect to hear back about his application? Does anyone know if there’s a way to get his license renewed somehow in the mean time? Thanks!
Do you have a notice letter showing his status being extended for 18 months?
Old Jan 27th 2021, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

newacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond repute

There's an automatic 1-year extension of Arizona driver's licenses that expire between March 2020 and February 2021.
Old Jan 28th 2021, 9:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Assuming you have the NOA extension letter, it'd probably be worth making an appointment/call to the DMV as every state is different.

In terms of ROC timelines? Hard to guesstimate but if I were a betting man I'd say over a year, hopefully less than two.