Questions about DCF in Sydney

Wikiposts

Questions about DCF in Sydney

Old Feb 15th 2002, 12:25 pm
Suzy

Default Questions about DCF in Sydney

TESTTEST=_NextPart_000_0121_01C1B64A.644A2360

charset="iso-8859-1"

Rob and I have decided to go the DCF route through the consulate in = Sydney but
I'm a little confused about a couple of things and since I = have to work I can't
go to Australia for more than a couple of weeks so = we need to get this right the
first time <s>.

Do I have this right?

Rob requests Packet 3 from the consulate now. He gathers all of his info and
documents and contacts the consulate for = an appointment He registers with the
marriage registry at least 1 month and 1 day = before we want to get married I fly in
a few days before the appointment time and take care of my part = at the marriage
registry We get married Keep the appointment in Sydney He gets his visa

Is that about right? I guess my biggest questions are - can he make the = appointment
before we're married? Can he actually ask for a specific = day for the appointment?
And what happens with all of my paperwork? = The I130, Support Form (I can't remember
form numbers) Bio, etc. Do I = turn those in at the same time he turns his in at the
interview?=20

Any input appreciated from any who have been through the process in = Sydney.

Thanks!

suzy

TESTTEST=_NextPart_000_0121_01C1B64A.644A2360 Content-Type: text/html;
charset="iso-8859-1"

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <META
content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2712.300" name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY
bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Rob and I have decided to go the DCF = route
through=20 the consulate in Sydney but I'm a little confused about a couple
of = things and=20 since I have to work I can't go to Australia for more than
a couple of = weeks so=20 we need to get this right the first time
&lt;s&gt;.</FONT></DIV>
<DV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DVI><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Do I have this right?</FONT></DIV>
<DVII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DVIII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Rob requests Packet 3 from the = consulate=20
now.</FONT></DIV>
<DIX><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>He gathers all of his info and =
documents&nbsp;and=20 contacts the consulate for an appointment</FONT></DIV>
<DX><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>He registers with the marriage registry = at
least 1=20 month and 1 day before we want to get married</FONT></DIV>
<DXI><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I fly in a few days before the = appointment time
and=20 take care of my part at the marriage registry</FONT></DIV>
<DXII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>We get married</FONT></DIV>
<DXIII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Keep the appointment in = Sydney</FONT></DIV>
<DXIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>He gets his visa</FONT></DIV>
<DXV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DXVI><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Is that about right?&nbsp; I guess my =
biggest=20 questions are - can he make the appointment before we're
married?&nbsp; = Can he=20 actually ask for a specific day for the
appointment?&nbsp; And what = happens with=20 all of my paperwork?&nbsp; The
I130, Support Form (I can't remember form =

numbers) Bio, etc.&nbsp; Do I turn those in at the same time he turns = his in at=20
the interview?&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<DXVII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DXVIII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Any input appreciated from any who have = been=20
through the process in Sydney.</FONT></DIV>
<DXIX><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DXX><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks!</FONT></DIV>
<DXXI><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DXXII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>suzy</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

TESTTEST=_NextPart_000_0121_01C1B64A.644A2360--

Old Feb 15th 2002, 11:05 pm
Alvena Ferreira

Default Re: Questions about DCF in Sydney

you are correct on this and the answers to all of your questions are yes. You might
try an advanced groups search on google for this group to see if there are some old
experiences posted there. Alvena

See the Doc Steen site here:
http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm I am not a lawyer, and this
is not immigration advice. The information I provide is mostly gleaned from old
newsgroup posts and visa links on the internet. If you want or need a lawyer, go to:
http://www.aila.org

> suzy wrote:
    >
    > Rob and I have decided to go the DCF route through the consulate in Sydney but I'm
    > a little confused about a couple of things and since I have to work I can't go to
    > Australia for more than a couple of weeks so we need to get this right the first
    > time <s>.
    >
    > Do I have this right?
    >
    > Rob requests Packet 3 from the consulate now. He gathers all of his info and
    > documents and contacts the consulate for an appointment He registers with the
    > marriage registry at least 1 month and 1 day before we want to get married I fly in
    > a few days before the appointment time and take care of my part at the marriage
    > registry We get married Keep the appointment in Sydney He gets his visa
    >
    > Is that about right? I guess my biggest questions are - can he make the appointment
    > before we're married? Can he actually ask for a specific day for the appointment?
    > And what happens with all of my paperwork? The I130, Support Form (I can't remember
    > form numbers) Bio, etc. Do I turn those in at the same time he turns his in at the
    > interview?

Old Feb 15th 2002, 11:25 pm
Rob

Thank you Alvena I'll call Sydney Monday for the packet 3 and just double check to
be sure <s>

Rob )

"Alvena Ferreira" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > you are correct on this and the answers to all of your questions are yes. You might
    > try an advanced groups search on google for this group to see if there are some old
    > experiences posted there. Alvena
    >
    > See the Doc Steen site here:
    > http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm I am not a lawyer, and
    > this is not immigration advice. The information I provide is mostly gleaned from
    > old newsgroup posts and visa links on the internet. If you want or need a lawyer,
    > go to: http://www.aila.org
    >
    > > suzy wrote:
    > >
    > > Rob and I have decided to go the DCF route through the consulate in Sydney but
    > > I'm a little confused about a couple of things and since I have to work I can't
    > > go to Australia for more than a couple of weeks so we need to get this right the
    > > first time <s>.
    > >
    > > Do I have this right?
    > >
    > > Rob requests Packet 3 from the consulate now. He gathers all of his info and
    > > documents and contacts the consulate for an appointment He registers with the
    > > marriage registry at least 1 month and 1 day before we want to get married I fly
    > > in a few days before the appointment time and take care of my part at the
    > > marriage registry We get married Keep the appointment in Sydney He gets his visa
    > >
    > > Is that about right? I guess my biggest questions are - can he make the
    > > appointment before we're married? Can he actually ask for a specific day for the
    > > appointment? And what happens with all of my paperwork? The I130, Support Form (I
    > > can't remember form numbers) Bio, etc. Do I turn those in at the same time he
    > > turns his in at the interview?

Old Feb 16th 2002, 2:05 pm
Alex Murphy

Avena:

Are those answers specific to Sydney? Or would it be the same in Brazil. The way this
seems to read a visa could be had in 31 days.

"Alvena Ferreira" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > you are correct on this and the answers to all of your questions are yes. You might
    > try an advanced groups search on google for this group to see if there are some old
    > experiences posted there. Alvena
    >
    > See the Doc Steen site here:
    > http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm I am not a lawyer, and
    > this is not immigration advice. The information I provide is mostly gleaned from
    > old newsgroup posts and visa links on the internet. If you want or need a lawyer,
    > go to: http://www.aila.org
    >
    > > suzy wrote:
    > >
    > > Rob and I have decided to go the DCF route through the consulate in Sydney but
    > > I'm a little confused about a couple of things and since I have to work I can't
    > > go to Australia for more than a couple of weeks so we need to get this right the
    > > first time <s>.
    > >
    > > Do I have this right?
    > >
    > > Rob requests Packet 3 from the consulate now. He gathers all of his info and
    > > documents and contacts the consulate for an appointment He registers with the
    > > marriage registry at least 1 month and 1 day before we want to get married I fly
    > > in a few days before the appointment time and take care of my part at the
    > > marriage registry We get married Keep the appointment in Sydney He gets his visa
    > >
    > > Is that about right? I guess my biggest questions are - can he make the
    > > appointment before we're married? Can he actually ask for a specific day for the
    > > appointment? And what happens with all of my paperwork? The I130, Support Form (I
    > > can't remember form numbers) Bio, etc. Do I turn those in at the same time he
    > > turns his in at the interview?

Old Feb 16th 2002, 3:05 pm
Alvena Ferreira

Alex Murphy wrote:
    > Are those answers specific to Sydney? Or would it be the same in Brazil. The way
    > this seems to read a visa could be had in 31 days.
    >
I don't know that Brazill will let you do the packet #3 and schedule the interview up
front, however the last I heard, they would accept an I-130 filed directly at the
consulate by a non-resident US citizen spouse. See this page from the Rio consulate:
http://www.consulado-americano-rio.org.br/immisec.htm You note that they plainly
state they accept an I-130 for a spouse if you are non-resident. Alvena

See the Doc Steen site here:
http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm I am not a lawyer, and this
is not immigration advice. The information I provide is mostly gleaned from old
newsgroup posts and visa links on the internet. If you want or need a lawyer, go to:
http://www.aila.org