QUESTION ON VISA-NEED HELP ASAP

QUESTION ON VISA-NEED HELP ASAP

Old Feb 5th 2012, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Indianapolis, Indiana headed for Nottinghamshire in May, 2012
Kady is an unknown quantity at this point
Default QUESTION ON VISA-NEED HELP ASAP

Hello Everyone:
I am applying for my visa to enter the UK as a wife of a British citizen and submitting it this coming Thursday.

The two questions I have on it and can't seem to find the answer anywhere through the UK Border Agency is:

Question on visa asked: "Provide details of your sponsors full address & postal code. This must be the address at which they live rather than their family home".

My husband (which is my sponsor) lives in the US with me. I think I should put that address in the US instead of his parents address in the UK. Am I correct?

Also, it asked if you have lived together before you were married and if so, you will have to show evidence. I have no evidence except maybe a letter from a friend saying they knew me and then met my boyfriend (at the time) after he came over to the US and then knew we had gotten married. Would this be sufficient enough or what do they really want to prove this?

Thanks for your answers and time.
Old Feb 6th 2012, 2:40 am
Forum Regular

Nabbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: QUESTION ON VISA-NEED HELP ASAP

Not sure what definition but the guidance may help you to clarify further. Do you have that?
Old Feb 6th 2012, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

paulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of light

yes i believe that it will be your spouses US address as thats where he currently lives. but perhaps someone could confirm this?

as for the living together before being married, dont you have bills or correspondance or anything that shows you and your spouse at the same address before you were married?
anything that shows you and him at the same address would work,tax returns for both from same address, car/home/life insurance stuff, bank statements ,driving licences with same address, utility bills or anything?
Old Feb 6th 2012, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by paulpur
yes i believe that it will be your spouses US address as thats where he currently lives. but perhaps someone could confirm this?

as for the living together before being married, dont you have bills or correspondance or anything that shows you and your spouse at the same address before you were married?
anything that shows you and him at the same address would work,tax returns for both from same address, car/home/life insurance stuff, bank statements ,driving licences with same address, utility bills or anything?
Paul came over in November and we lived together until January when we were maried. He was not allowed to work for 3 months because of his status. I don't have any tax returns, car/home stuff, etc. at all plus this was 10 years ago and paperwork from then is gone anyway unless it was really important. I rented and they didn't put his name on the lease so I have nothing. Like I said, maybe a letter from my friend will help. That's the only thing I can think do to.

Thanks anyway.
Old Feb 6th 2012, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

paulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of light

i wouldnt worry too much about it tbh Kady, it was so long ago and for such a short time before you were married that i think its inconsequential.
Id just put in a wee note stating that there isnt any documentation left from so long ago and he was limited in what documentation he could get due to his status at the time
you may be able to get a copy of the application for your marriage licence, if he was living at the same address as you when you applied for it, then that might be at least one piece of documentation....
Old Feb 6th 2012, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by paulpur
i wouldnt worry too much about it tbh Kady, it was so long ago and for such a short time before you were married that i think its inconsequential.
Id just put in a wee note stating that there isnt any documentation left from so long ago and he was limited in what documentation he could get due to his status at the time
you may be able to get a copy of the application for your marriage licence, if he was living at the same address as you when you applied for it, then that might be at least one piece of documentation....
That is an excellent idea about the marriage licence. Never thought about it. My friend works in marriage license dept of the court house we got married at. Thanks so much.