Question re RFE

Old Aug 18th 2003, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

davewilliams will become famous soon enoughdavewilliams will become famous soon enough
Default Question re RFE

We received a Request for Further Evidence on our I-129F petition last week. It's a simple one (we had sent the wrong part of the marriage certificate and have already responded with the correct one).

The question is whether this means that they have started to process the petition, and if so whether anyone has any idea how long it should take to receive the answer from the Service Centre receiving the evidence requested?

I had thought that an RFE would only come when the decision process actually started, but this seems unlikely as it is a Nebraska application, 1st NOA July 8th.

The I-129F was cross-referenced to an I-130 sent last January and the RFE actually came from Missouri - does anyone know why this might be the case?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dave
Old Aug 18th 2003, 9:11 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question re RFE

[QUOTE]Originally posted by davewilliams
We received a Request for Further Evidence on our I-129F petition last week. It's a simple one (we had sent the wrong part of the marriage certificate and have already responded with the correct one).

The question is whether this means that they have started to process the petition, and if so whether anyone has any idea how long it should take to receive the answer from the Service Centre receiving the evidence requested?

I had thought that an RFE would only come when the decision process actually started, but this seems unlikely as it is a Nebraska application, 1st NOA July 8th.

The I-129F was cross-referenced to an I-130 sent last January and the RFE actually came from Missouri - does anyone know why this might be the case?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Your'e going for a K3 right? Then those 129Fs go through MSC. RFEs seem to be acted on in a month or less through MSC.
Old Aug 19th 2003, 7:20 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

If you got an RFE then it would appear that your application is being dealt with & as Cindy said above RfE's normally are dealt with within the month. See my timeline in my signature re RFE etc & you will see that just maybe you dont have too much longer to wait.

Goodluck

Regards
Shepslady
Old Aug 25th 2003, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

davewilliams will become famous soon enoughdavewilliams will become famous soon enough

Wow!! Thanks very much guys.

I'm amazed - I had not expected the processing to begin anything like so soon!!

Dave