Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Question re Pictures for AOS

Question re Pictures for AOS

Old May 25th 2005, 10:07 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Question re Pictures for AOS

Hi All,

Sadegh's AOS interview is coming up in July. I know we need to bring pictures of us together as part of our evidence. Do we also need (or should we bring) pictures from before he arrived in the USA...i.e., the same pictures we showed at his K-1 interview?

My logic says to only bring the ones since he's been in the USA...but I guess you never know with USCIS...?

What did you guys do?

Thanks!
Rene
Old May 25th 2005, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

USimmigrant has a brilliant futureUSimmigrant has a brilliant futureUSimmigrant has a brilliant futureUSimmigrant has a brilliant futureUSimmigrant has a brilliant futureUSimmigrant has a brilliant futureUSimmigrant has a brilliant future
Default Re: Question re Pictures for AOS

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi All,

Sadegh's AOS interview is coming up in July. I know we need to bring pictures of us together as part of our evidence. Do we also need (or should we bring) pictures from before he arrived in the USA...i.e., the same pictures we showed at his K-1 interview?

My logic says to only bring the ones since he's been in the USA...but I guess you never know with USCIS...?

What did you guys do?

Thanks!
Rene
No need to worry just bring whatever u can and if the officer asks just show it to him or her apart from that if the officer doesn't ask don't bother
Old May 26th 2005, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

johnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nice

Hi All,

What did you guys do?

Thanks!
Rene
My philosophy is – bring whatever you can think of. I’ve read posts where the officer asked to see a lot of pictures and even kept them and I’ve read posts (in my wife’s case) where the officer didn’t even mention pictures.

You’ll be nervous before and during the interview anyway. So, why not try to put your mind at ease a little bit by bringing EVERYTHING? It doesn’t hurt (except your back, may be) to carry a duffle-bag full of evidence on that one day than to get an RFE (in best case scenario), right? So, take whatever your heart desires
Old May 26th 2005, 5:10 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnandrose
My philosophy is – bring whatever you can think of. I’ve read posts where the officer asked to see a lot of pictures and even kept them and I’ve read posts (in my wife’s case) where the officer didn’t even mention pictures.

You’ll be nervous before and during the interview anyway. So, why not try to put your mind at ease a little bit by bringing EVERYTHING? It doesn’t hurt (except your back, may be) to carry a duffle-bag full of evidence on that one day than to get an RFE (in best case scenario), right? So, take whatever your heart desires
Yep, I know...when in doubt, bring everything. I was just wondering if other people brought the older pictures or not. Guess I'll be doing some scanning/printing!

Thanks,
Rene
Old May 26th 2005, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

johnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nice

Yep, I know...when in doubt, bring everything. I was just wondering if other people brought the older pictures or not. Guess I'll be doing some scanning/printing!

Thanks,
Rene
Yes - I did the same thing (scanning+printing, I mean). Actually, a few days before our interview, I read a post here where the officer wanted to keep some photos. The couple didn't have duplicates, so they had to give the original wedding pictures! I didn't want that to happen to me, so I picked a few key pre-wedding and wedding pictures, put 6 pictures on each page in PowerPoint and printed about 10 pages (so that's 60 pictures, in case the officer wanted any)

Another thing is that the day before our interview, I realized that my wife needs passport-style pictures! And we didn't have any Luckily I had my Digital camera, so I took a nice picture of my wife (following the guideline from DOS website) and printed 4 copies at home. The photolab near our house charges $7 / photo and they won't give any less than 4 pics (so that would have been $28 for four passport-style pictures. I made them at home for about $0.29
Old May 26th 2005, 6:00 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,
Rene
My logic says bring the older ones as well ..proves it to be a long term thing ...
Old May 26th 2005, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by Ray
My logic says bring the older ones as well ..proves it to be a long term thing ...
OK, I'll go with your logic, then

Thanks,
Rene
Old May 26th 2005, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

gloria is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Question re Pictures for AOS

Hi

We took copies and originals of a selection of photos from when we first met until the present day just to be sure we were covered. Of course they never asked to see any. But it made me feel more comfortable when we were there to have more them. I guess every interview is different and it depends on the officer doing the interviewing.

Good luck with the interview!
Old May 27th 2005, 12:47 pm
Brenda Ballard

I took three albums with pictures ,,,,,,and several pictures in
frames......guess what they didn't ask to see one picture.....
be prepared ....you don't know what they will ask for.. good luck

bb

Old May 27th 2005, 2:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray

...Ray, since when do you use logic?
Old May 29th 2005, 6:42 pm
Anupam

it does not hurt to bring old pic ..will only increase your package weight
by 1lb..

good luck u will be fine

"Noorah101" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected] m...
    > Hi All,
    > Sadegh's AOS interview is coming up in July. I know we need to bring
    > pictures of us together as part of our evidence. Do we also need (or
    > should we bring) pictures from before he arrived in the USA...i.e., the
    > same pictures we showed at his K-1 interview?
    > My logic says to only bring the ones since he's been in the USA...but I
    > guess you never know with USCIS...?
    > What did you guys do?
    > Thanks!
    > Rene
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old May 30th 2005, 12:19 am
Forum Regular

sap123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Anupam
it does not hurt to bring old pic ..will only increase your package weight
by 1lb..

good luck u will be fine

"Noorah101" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected] m...
    > Hi All,
    > Sadegh's AOS interview is coming up in July. I know we need to bring
    > pictures of us together as part of our evidence. Do we also need (or
    > should we bring) pictures from before he arrived in the USA...i.e., the
    > same pictures we showed at his K-1 interview?
    > My logic says to only bring the ones since he's been in the USA...but I
    > guess you never know with USCIS...?
    > What did you guys do?
    > Thanks!
    > Rene
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com
Do they allow Video Cassette or DVD in INS building. I have that too got of my marriage.
Old May 30th 2005, 1:16 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sap123
Do they allow Video Cassette or DVD in INS building. I have that too got of my marriage.

NO. What would you like them to play it on?????????????
Old May 31st 2005, 1:29 am

Originally Posted by sap123
Videos and DVDs are not necessary at all. Just photographs are enough.

Rene
Old Jun 1st 2005, 7:35 pm
GreenCard Holder

NKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant future

Hey Rene,

Good luck with the interview. You've got enough answers to your question so I won't bother to repeat what everyone else said

Unfortunately our saga with USCIS is still not over, but what's new eh?

Na'imah