Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Question please - RE what documents to copy for AOS

Question please - RE what documents to copy for AOS

Old Feb 19th 2002, 3:45 pm
Julia Alveres

Default Question please - RE what documents to copy for AOS

Hello

I have what is a simple Q I hope but I am a little unsure on what do . I know for the
AOS interview from reading here that I should have original and copy documents ready.

Question please is: Do I need to have further copies of the documents already
sent in with the original petition ?? ie do I copy divorces,tax returns, birth
certs ect again OR do I just copy documents that have come to hand after
submitting the Petition?

I would be most grateful if anyone can help me out on this.

Tahnk you all. Julia

Old Feb 20th 2002, 2:25 am
Alvena Ferreira

Default Re: Question please - RE what documents to copy for AOS

Julia Alveres wrote:
    > I have what is a simple Q I hope but I am a little unsure on what do . I know for
    > the AOS interview from reading here that I should have original and copy documents
    > ready. Question please is: Do I need to have further copies of the documents
    > already sent in with the original petition ?? ie do I copy divorces,tax returns,
    > birth certs ect again OR do I just copy documents that have come to hand after
    > submitting the Petition?
    >
The safe thing to do is bring EVERYTHING, as things sometimes get "lost" at the most
inconvenient moment. Be armed for bear, is my advice. Alvena

See the Doc Steen site here:
http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm I am not a lawyer, and this
is not immigration advice. The information I provide is mostly gleaned from old
newsgroup posts and visa links on the internet. If you want or need a lawyer, go to:
http://www.aila.org

Old Feb 22nd 2002, 8:06 am
Shelley

When my husband had his interview I had a small suitcase of items with me - every
document I ever sent to the INS, originals of everything I sent copies of, and tons
of utilities bills, Christmas card, junk mail, etc with both our names on it, copies
of our newest taxes (we had 2 sets since we had filed for AOS)and lots of pictures.
And I had even more paperwork and pictures in a box in the car for proof we were
married. (Total overkill I know, but it made me feel better) I was ready for
anything. We also took our (then) 16 month old daughter. The agent only looked at the
tax forms - and stamped my husband's passport. You never know if they want to see
everything or nothing. Have it with you, at least you'll have something to do with
your hands. Take Care. Shelley

"Julia Alveres" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hello
    >
    > I have what is a simple Q I hope but I am a little unsure on what do . I know for
    > the AOS interview from reading here that I should have original and copy
    > documents ready.
    >
    > Question please is: Do I need to have further copies of the documents already sent
    > in with the original petition ?? ie do I copy divorces,tax returns, birth certs ect
    > again OR do I just copy documents that have come to hand after submitting the
    > Petition?
    >
    > I would be most grateful if anyone can help me out on this.
    >
    > Tahnk you all. Julia

Old Feb 22nd 2002, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

smldnabjp is an unknown quantity at this point

The same thing happened to us I brought all the stuff we had submitted previously and copies of what we had, christmas cards, bills, accounts and were not asked to see any of it. Plan for the worst case and hope for the best.