Reload this Page >

Question for Michael D. Young

Question for Michael D. Young

Old Jan 20th 2004, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

Millana is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question for Michael D. Young

Dear Michael,

I got a couple of questions about EAD and AOS for you. I would appreciate if you could help me.

I entered US on a K3 visa last Nov. I applied for EAD last week.

Should I go ahead with AOS as what the girl from INS told me when I called them what to do next. What would happen to our I-130 petion then?

And lastly, can someone work while their EAD application is under process? Is the NOA for EAD valid enough to present to a prospective employer?

Can I apply for an SSN with just the NOA for EAD?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Old Jan 28th 2004, 1:45 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question for Michael D. Young

Originally posted by Millana
Dear Michael,

I got a couple of questions about EAD and AOS for you. I would appreciate if you could help me.

Should I go ahead with AOS as what the girl from INS told me when I called them what to do next. What would happen to our I-130 petion then?

And lastly, can someone work while their EAD application is under process? Is the NOA for EAD valid enough to present to a prospective employer?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
BUMP
Old Jan 28th 2004, 2:38 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Dear Michael,

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

I'm not Michael and pardon me for butting in, but maybe you saw the thread that we've had going for the K3 EAD Rollcall? That is where some of us K3 folks have listed their NOA dates and shared experiences on getting the EAD and subsequent filing for SSN over the last few months.
You can not work with just an NOA for the EAD. That would put your employer in an illegal position. What you CAN do, and my husband just did, is go to the local service center after 90 days had passed without the second NOA from NBC. The one he got is an interim one that is valid until September. That EAD info is supposed (?) to be in the SAVE file of the SSA. THEN he can apply for an SSN. He CAN work without an SSN as long as he has proof of application for one and will be able to produce it NLT 90 days. You can not apply for an SSN that is valid in conjunction for work related purposes without an APPROVED EAD card in hand.
I would be happy to add you to our list on the thread I mentioned if you want.
Good luck.
Old Jan 28th 2004, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

Millana is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by cindyabs
I'm not Michael and pardon me for butting in, but maybe you saw the thread that we've had going for the K3 EAD Rollcall? That is where some of us K3 folks have listed their NOA dates and shared experiences on getting the EAD and subsequent filing for SSN over the last few months.
You can not work with just an NOA for the EAD. That would put your employer in an illegal position. What you CAN do, and my husband just did, is go to the local service center after 90 days had passed without the second NOA from NBC. The one he got is an interim one that is valid until September. That EAD info is supposed (?) to be in the SAVE file of the SSA. THEN he can apply for an SSN. He CAN work without an SSN as long as he has proof of application for one and will be able to produce it NLT 90 days. You can not apply for an SSN that is valid in conjunction for work related purposes without an APPROVED EAD card in hand.
I would be happy to add you to our list on the thread I mentioned if you want.
Good luck.
Thanks for replying and for the suggestions. I appreciate it. I am just so frustrated that I cant work yet. I have resigned from my work on sept. last year in Manila and prepared for my relocation in NY. I have gotten few offers but had to turn them down because I still have yet to get an EAD. Its hard specially if you live on a tight budget. I could really use some work to at least augment our financial status. *sigh*

Thanks again for your time in replying. Regards to your husband too.
Old Jan 28th 2004, 11:12 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for replying and for the suggestions. I appreciate it. I am just so frustrated that I cant work yet. I have resigned from my work on sept. last year in Manila and prepared for my relocation in NY. I have gotten few offers but had to turn them down because I still have yet to get an EAD. Its hard specially if you live on a tight budget. I could really use some work to at least augment our financial status. *sigh*

Thanks again for your time in replying. Regards to your husband too.

No problem, that's what we're here for. I understand your frustration. Steve just celebrated his five month anniversary here and he is getting restless. I have been working an extra job on nights and weekends to take up some of the slack. Not what I'd like to do with my free time, but it is necessary.
I'll add you to our list.
Good luck!