Just Joined

intissaria is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question on biometric appointment notice

question if noone minds -

I-485, I-130, I-797C submitted together last month with dates below:

received date: May 29
priority date: May 29
notice date: June 1

We got the NOA by mail about June 4 and question is (we have not got biometry appt notice...I talked to uscis today on the phone, they say to wait till tomorrow to file request for more information on whether biometry appointment was lost.

Does anyone have knowledge about when biometry appointment should be received?
Old Jun 28th 2012, 6:32 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question on biometric appointment notice

Originally Posted by intissaria
question if noone minds -

I-485, I-130, I-797C submitted together last month with dates below:

received date: May 29
priority date: May 29
notice date: June 1

We got the NOA by mail about June 4 and question is (we have not got biometry appt notice...I talked to uscis today on the phone, they say to wait till tomorrow to file request for more information on whether biometry appointment was lost.

Does anyone have knowledge about when biometry appointment should be received?
Seeing as how it's been just over 3 weeks since the notice date, I'd give it another month. The biometics appointment can come many weeks later.

Rene
Old Jun 28th 2012, 6:33 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Why do you think that your biometrics appointment should be received within two to three weeks from receipt of your petition?

Also as you quoted a priority date, I'm curious as to what category you have filed for AOS? I realized it is marriage based but is your spouse a LPR rather than a US Citizen. If a US Citizen, there is no priority date involved. Also confusing is the use of the word "we". Only the foreign spouse who is the beneficiary of the AOS gets biometrics.
Old Jun 28th 2012, 6:47 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rete
Why do you think that your biometrics appointment should be received within two to three weeks from receipt of your petition?

Also as you quoted a priority date, I'm curious as to what category you have filed for AOS? I realized it is marriage based but is your spouse a LPR rather than a US Citizen. If a US Citizen, there is no priority date involved. Also confusing is the use of the word "we". Only the foreign spouse who is the beneficiary of the AOS gets biometrics.

thank you Rete

my spouse is a usc and priority dates are included on both NOAs for the 485 and the 130 ( pref classification is "201 B INA SPOUSE OF USC)

Last edited by Noorah101; Jun 28th 2012 at 6:53 pm. Reason: corrected name.
Old Jun 28th 2012, 6:52 pm
Just Joined

oh yeah, I forgot to state that I am on an F1 visa in US at the moment

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete

The NOA still shows a priority date, even for the spouse of a USC.

Rene

Originally Posted by intissaria
oh yeah, I forgot to state that I am on an F1 visa in US at the moment
That makes no difference in your case.

Rene
Old Jun 28th 2012, 6:56 pm
Just Joined

Thank you Rene,

I was just confuse about Rete's message
Old Jun 28th 2012, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

The Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond repute

It does vary, although I got mine about five days after they received my package. In fact, I never did get a Notice of Action receipt and just originally assumed the bio NOA was it, since that came so fast.