Q about I-134

Old Sep 6th 2008, 3:42 pm
Just Joined

muz1986 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Q about I-134

Hey guys,
I'm a little confused with the I-134. I understand what it is and what it is for, however i could use some further clarification. My fiance (USC) has filed the I-129f petition and we are currently waiting for approval. In the meantime we want to get on and fill out the I-134. We are unsure as to where it gets sent once it has been filled in. Does my fiance have to take it somewhere to be signed by a notary? And then will i need a copy of the completed form for my interview?
Thanks
Old Sep 6th 2008, 4:25 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Q about I-134

Originally Posted by muz1986
We are unsure as to where it gets sent once it has been filled in.
Once it's filled in, your fiance gives you the original form (duly signed, dated, and notarised) and you take it with you to your interview. He should keep a copy of it for his records.

Ian
Old Sep 6th 2008, 5:21 pm
Just Joined

Where does my fiance go to get it signed, or does he send it away, and then the origional is returned?
Old Sep 6th 2008, 5:51 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by muz1986
Where does my fiance go to get it signed, or does he send it away, and then the origional is returned?
His bank should have a notary public available. Or he can look online or in the yellow pages for Notary Public services. Many title companies have notaries. He cannot send it away to get it done, what a notary does is watch him sign the paper, then the notary signs, verifying that the signature is his. He should NOT sign the I-134 ahead of time, he should sign it in front of a notary public.

Rene
Old Sep 6th 2008, 6:57 pm
Just Joined

Thank you so much, you guys have thoroughly answered my ques!
Old Sep 7th 2008, 6:10 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

I got our I134 notarised at my bank for free. Otherwise most banks charge only a few dollars.I had her notarise two forms so we would have a backup just in case. There was no problem and they did it immediately.