Wikiposts

Proof of relationship

Old Apr 26th 2010, 6:43 am
Forum Regular

blargins is just really niceblargins is just really niceblargins is just really niceblargins is just really niceblargins is just really niceblargins is just really niceblargins is just really niceblargins is just really nice
Default Re: Proof of relationship

Originally Posted by blargins
Thanks for that again Rene. I think if she doesn't qualify (which she barely does based on that guide), her mother has her own attourney's business, and her father is a millionaire, so hopefully one or the other would be willing to sponsor me.

It looks like we'll be ok once married and I can combine my assets with hers and her income.
Well, I hope one of them will sponsor me now! She's just lost her job

But hopefully she'll have another job by the time we finally begin the application in autumn/fall.
Old Apr 26th 2010, 6:46 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I hope one of them will sponsor me now! She's just lost her job

But hopefully she'll have another job by the time we finally begin the application in autumn/fall.
Awww, I'm sorry to hear that. This economy is the pitts. Yes, just do a reassesment of the situation when it comes closer to the time the Affidavit of Support is due.

Rene
Old Apr 26th 2010, 6:59 am
Forum Regular

blargins is just really niceblargins is just really niceblargins is just really niceblargins is just really niceblargins is just really niceblargins is just really niceblargins is just really niceblargins is just really nice

Just seems everything is against us being together right now.

Our divorces, her job, I'm trying to sell a property to enable me to spend summer there and the buyers are being a pain in the neck, her daughter is having issues.... the list goes on.

Tell you what though, when finally we do get together, what a journey it will have been.

I just hope the pieces start fitting together soon though, I'm emotionally exhausted.
Old Apr 26th 2010, 7:05 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Our divorces, her job, I'm trying to sell a property to enable me to spend summer there and the buyers are being a pain in the neck, her daughter is having issues.... the list goes on.

Tell you what though, when finally we do get together, what a journey it will have been.

I just hope the pieces start fitting together soon though, I'm emotionally exhausted.
I know what you mean. My fiance and I had planned to start the K-1 process, I had the I-129F all filled out, I was just getting ready to send him a G-325A to fill out and have him send me back the things I needed from him, and he asked me to wait until he got back from a trip back to see his family in Iran (he was working in Turkey at the time). He was only supposed to be gone 2 weeks. His mom ended up washing his passport, and it took him 18 months to get a new one and get back to Turkey, by that time we wanted to see each other again (plus it was getting close to the 2-year limit for having met in person). So our K-1 process got postponed for almost 2 years. It was a difficult time for both of us (mostly him), but we stayed together and got through it and it made our relationship stronger, actually.

Hang in there.

Rene
Old Apr 26th 2010, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

Wow, that's inspirational. I don't know how you managed an extra 2 years, I'm going insane just having to wait until June to see her again for a couple of months.

Yes, I do believe that these hardships will make us stronger in the long run.

The old saying, what doesn't break you only makes you stronger.
Old Apr 26th 2010, 7:28 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

The old saying, what doesn't break you only makes you stronger.
Friedrich Nietzsche - that which does not kill us, makes us stronger.

Ian
Old Apr 26th 2010, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

Well, I was close
Old Apr 26th 2010, 8:13 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

It sounds like Regular Life to me.. if these things happened to you, as a married couple, you'd probably just roll with it. Don't psyche yourselves out because you can't really have what you want right this minute.. that is going to be one small part of the big adventure.
IOW, keep your day to day life 'whole'.. don't be living for another time zone. Trust us, we've watched countless couples go through this agonizing year.

SecretGarden & MrPink were another with an amazing story of waiting and reward; worth looking up.
Old Apr 26th 2010, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

Wise words there, thanks.

Yes, in "normal" life, it would be something we handle together. It's just so hard seeing her over there sad and hurt, while I'm here only able to offer words. It's frustrating as you can understand.
Old Apr 26th 2010, 10:22 am
BE Enthusiast

MandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond repute

If it's any comfort I can absolutely relate to what you're saying. I haven't seen M. since January which although not long, is the longest we've been apart. I got my visa approved in January and was hoping to be off asap. But, it seemed I was on the cusp of redundancy (YEAH - a year's tax free £££) so the thinking was rent the house, take the money and run. Last minute they change their minds I still have what they class as suitable alternative employment (Yeah right - not!). Anyway plan b, sell house ...... no buyers, so now it lease house, fiance covers mortgage + a couple of bills and is co-owner of house here in Ireland. So now we have to sort out the legalities of adding to deeds etc. Then add in elderly and ill parents for both of us, loss of my beloved pet a couple of weeks ago and major car crash for me on 12th April, chance they might shift him from SoCal to DC around the time I'm due to arrive and visa expiring on 12th July ...... Lots and lots of stress and things for us to sort out and all in 10 short weeks - where the heck does the romance fit in lol!!

But, we still love and like one another through these stresses - hopefully the rest is a piece of p.........................

Last edited by MandyNi; Apr 26th 2010 at 10:30 am.
Old Apr 26th 2010, 10:25 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Mummy, does this mean I am not getting my pony?

Bummer about your redundancy.. we were going to have a good shopping trip, you & I!
Old Apr 26th 2010, 11:09 am
BE Enthusiast

MandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond repute

Oh hell yeah, I had at least a couple of those scrummy handbags (purses lol!) figured in, but sadly it seems not to be...........

However, after having had the car written off (totalled in US speak I believe), I am thankful that I and the others involved didn't spill one drop of blood, that despite their respective illnesses M's Dad and my Mum are all in one piece and holding their own considering their ages, my beloved furbie had a great 18 years and 1 day with me and particularly the last 3 and a bit years for just her and me to share snuggles, and that in the grand scheme of things that challenge us human animals in this world ........... me and M. are doing pretty damn good! Hell, life could be so much worse!!!

Side note: I do hope that maybe we can travel up, or you can travel down and maybe we can find somewhere to meet - if even in the middle!!
Old Apr 26th 2010, 11:20 am

I have a feeling we will do.. during one of our mutual travels!

At least now you don't have to sell the car before you go... (Miss Sunny Side Up here, lol).
Old Apr 26th 2010, 11:44 am
BE Enthusiast

LOL Car, what car? ............................ It's was financed/on long term lease anyway lol!!!!!
Old Apr 27th 2010, 3:12 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

bg,

Why in the world should they? You may be the greatest guy in the world, but two good people don't always make a good couple. Why should they be stuck with you should you, or she, call it quits?

Regards, JEff

I think if she doesn't qualify (which she barely does based on that guide), her mother has her own attourney's business, and her father is a millionaire, so hopefully one or the other would be willing to sponsor me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.