Default Proof of relationship

I am planning to save all our emails (about 100) and my 15-minutes videotape
onto CD Roms .I will send them along with a few pictures (2 or 3) I and my
fiance took together and of course airplane ticket copies as proof of
relationship in process of filing a I-129F for K1 visa.Am I worrying if INS
will consider a CD Rom media as a valid proof(I still have the risk that his
computer doesn't read) or is it better to print all our 100 emails or more
better some of our 100 emails .
Does anyone have had trying it with succes?
Thank you for any suggestion .

Old Apr 10th 2003, 9:53 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Proof of relationship

Originally posted by D V
I am planning to save all our emails (about 100) and my 15-minutes videotape onto CD Roms .I will send them along with a few pictures (2 or 3) I and my fiance took together and of course airplane ticket copies as proof of relationship in process of filing a I-129F for K1 visa.Am I worrying if INS will consider a CD Rom media as a valid proof(I still have the risk that his computer doesn't read) or is it better to print all our 100 emails or more better some of our 100 emails .
I'd say you're going WAAAY overboard with the evidence.

Forget the CD-rom. It would involve more than just quickly flipping through your packet to find the required documentation. They don't want to have to hunt down a computer that accepts your CD-rom -- and more importantly, they don't have the time to sit there for 15 minutes watching it.

Same goes for emails. Do you really think they're going to read through 100+ emails? They don't want to read every single email you've ever written to each other. Instead, five or six emails from various stages of your relationship, with content that is sentimental and loving (as opposed to mundane) would be more than sufficient.

Mark and I did just that. We found three emails we'd written to the other, at different points in our relationship (beginning, middle, current) where we talked of our mutual excitement about spending our lives together, how much we loved each other, etc. We also included copies of two greeting cards that we'd sent each other. Copies of the engagement ring receipt and photos of the ring were included in our "Evidence of Relationship" section. Finally, a copy of a "congrats on your engagement" card from my family rounded it out.

Copies of boarding passes, airline tickets, passport stamps, and photos of the two of you together is good for proving you've been together in person within the past two years. You don't need to send 50+ photos -- we sent 5 photos, along with other aforementioned proof of having met, and our petition was approved.

~ Jenney
Old Apr 10th 2003, 12:29 pm
Bruce

My personel opinion is your CD idea is I think it is a bad one. There are
many stages involved in the immagration process and it is impossible to make
notes on a CD. The Goverment WANTS a "Paper Trail" for everything and your
idea doesn't support this.. Another point I would like to make is Passport
entry and exit stamps provide proof of a visit but copies of Airline tickets
DON'T. I'm not saying not to include them but without the passport stamps,
they mean very little. As far as emails, I included about 50 pages with my
I-129f petition which contained both original message and the reply which
easy proved communication. Individual emails are harder to follow. Also my
now wife took over 500 pages of emails in 8pt font with her to her
interview.

Bruce

"D V" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > I am planning to save all our emails (about 100) and my 15-minutes
videotape
    > onto CD Roms .I will send them along with a few pictures (2 or 3) I and my
    > fiance took together and of course airplane ticket copies as proof of
    > relationship in process of filing a I-129F for K1 visa.Am I worrying if
INS
    > will consider a CD Rom media as a valid proof(I still have the risk that
his
    > computer doesn't read) or is it better to print all our 100 emails or more
    > better some of our 100 emails .
    > Does anyone have had trying it with succes?
    > Thank you for any suggestion .

Old Apr 10th 2003, 1:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dekka's Angel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by D V
I think I sent a total of 30-40 pages of e-mail correspondence spanning from the beginning of our relationship until the end. that were clear without being tacky about the nature of the relationship. I then added another 20 pages of e-mails referring to specific plans we had/made for things to do during our visits with each other and friends in both Oz and the US (I figure that would also help with the "seen each other" requirement since they lined up with the timing of the passport stamps; when viewed with the passport stamps, since our pictures were not date stamped). I then threw in a couple of pages of e-mails from other people confirming those plans and referencing us both by name and anticipated location, just for good measure.

No government official is going to sort through more than that I figured. I said in my cover letter, however, that if this was not enough I *could* send them electronic media with the 3,000 or so e-mails and 1,000 or so pages of ICQ log. I figured this would put the fear of God in anyone and they'd never ask
Old Apr 10th 2003, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

Tiff is an unknown quantity at this point

We did not send any emails. Submitted pictures of us with all the members of each family, plane tickets, boarding passes, copies of engagement cards we received, engagement ring recipt and I think that was it. We had so many plane tickets and boarding passes that we felt basically that and the pictures was good enough to prove we had met.

I think the cd is overkill and agree with the others they are not going to take the time to look at it.
Old Apr 10th 2003, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

ccalgreen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by D V
As others have said, the CD-ROM or other electronic media might not get reviewed, and then there's no proof of your correspondence, although I would say the pictures and flight coupons and boarding cards were evidence enough.

What you might want to do is print out, say, your first e-mails, a couple from the middle of your relationship showing intent to get together (e.g. my fiancée chose the one where we were deciding about what kitchen appliances to put on our wedding list), and maybe the most recent one. I assume that would be more than enough.

CLEM
Old Apr 10th 2003, 2:31 pm

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point

All Corey and I sent were a few emails, a phone bill, 2 pics, and copies of flight stubs. We were approved. All BCIS need to see is proof that you've met in the last 2 years, and they're satisfied your relationship is genuine.
Kate. xxxx
Old Apr 10th 2003, 4:21 pm
Scott and Nanette

ScottHenshaw is an unknown quantity at this point

Amazing but true, I agree with what everyone has said in this thread. I would scrap the CDrom. I did send a video tape of us, but I assume that it got filed in the circular bin without being watched. If you want to email me, I will send you a picture of my packet. 100 emails are overkill and make it look to much like an "Internet Relationship" only. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but remember that the inspectors are somewhat subjective. Send pictures of you together, maybe 5 or 6 showing your laughing and smiling and at differnt places. It is a bad idea to send photos where there are a lot of other people in the room, or you or they are with other people. Example would be, if you were at a strip bar together: Dont send pics the have topless dancers in them Like everyone else says, "They are looking for a paper trail" proof that you have a loving and caring relationship that has base and merit. I have seen and read from some people that only sent two pictures, plane tickets, hotel reciepts, etc and got approved. I have also read that several people have send 40 pictures, 100+ pages of postal mail, gift reciept, engagment ring receipts, etc and got RFE's. The final advise in my bable: Put your self in the shoes of the inspector and picture that you have stack of 100 I-129f's in front of you. What would you look for to verify if a relationship is real? Emails? Postal mail? Engagement ring receipts? Notarized intent to marry? Proof of meeting? etc....

Scott
www.frontier-trading.com/nanette.htm
Old Apr 10th 2003, 4:57 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Scott,

I agree that there is no good purpose to be served by sending a picture of a person together with their fiance(e) in a strip bar, but why do you feel it's a bad idea for the couple to be seen with other people?

One type of 'other people' I think it could be helpful to be seen with is family.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by ScottHenshaw
<<snip>> It is a bad idea to send photos where there are a lot of other people in the room, or you or they are with other people. Example would be, if you were at a strip bar together: Dont send pics the have topless dancers in them <<snip>>

Scott
www.frontier-trading.com/nanette.htm
Old Apr 10th 2003, 5:20 pm
Scott and Nanette

I am certainly no expert on the subject but would assume that pics of Mom and Dad are fine. maybe a shot of you and the family together shows a bond. I think that if you are surrounded by 20 beautiful women in string bikinis with a caption that reads, "I picked this one", then it would throw up a red flag. My point, although poorly written, was that I would assume that the inpsector needs to be convinced of two things:

A) That you have met.
B) A relationship exsists.

I just think that we are somewhat, if not completley at the mercy of the subjectivity of the inpspectors. I see so many people asking, "What should I send as proof" . I base my judgement on the many threads written on the subject. Heck, I still have yet to be approved myself In my many reading I have found a common idea: Send things that show the the above two things exsist and dont take the risk of making the inspector think that something is up. I think it is like the 9 out of 10 dentist thing.... Don't want to take the risk of getting that 10th inpector who is opposed to online relationships....

Again, just my opinion. Right or wrong, I do not know. Being that I am now past my four months of waiting for NSC, I have been feeling a little nutty latley

Scott
Old Apr 10th 2003, 5:56 pm
Robin

"D V" wrote in message news:...
    > I am planning to save all our emails (about 100) and my 15-minutes videotape
    > relationship in process of filing a I-129F for K1 visa.Am I worrying if INS
    > will consider a CD Rom media as a valid proof(I still have the risk that his

I wouldn't send a CDRom - it's a barrier for them to review your
application.
Better to put everything on paper in a folder with tabs at the bottoms
of the pages. I did all of the INS paperwork this way. You really
don't need to
send all of your emails - I'd pick about 10 that span the timeframe
you've
known each other. (Unless of course, this is the only way you
communicate,
then maybe a few more)

My husband is from Norway which doesn't seem to be a hotspot
for Visa fraud. We had visited with each other back and
forth quite a few times over two years.
So as proof for the I-129 I sent the following:

Copies of both of our passport pages showing entrance/exit with
dates/location of trips.

Copies of airline tickets for some of the trips.

Copies of phone bills from different dates (Not all of them)

Lots of pictures (about 5) with a label at bottom with the dates &
location. Since my husband has kids, I included some family photos as
well.

A few emails - only about 2 or three with different dates.
2 copies of greeting cards we sent each other.

This seemed to be enough since my husband is now here and has attained
Conditional Permanent Residency. (He moved here last July).

Old Apr 10th 2003, 6:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dekka's Angel is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry I couldn't resist:

Originally posted by ScottHenshaw
Example would be, if you were at a strip bar together: Dont send pics the have topless dancers in them
Especially if the topless dancer is your fiance/fiancee.
Old Apr 10th 2003, 6:27 pm
Scott and Nanette

Funny
Old Apr 10th 2003, 10:49 pm
Calderon

You have to look at the requirements and follow it.
First, both of you must have met each other atleast once in a two year
period.
I sent them a copy of the airplane ticket, a copy of passport and
exit/entrance stamps to prove that I have traveled there to meet my fiance.
I also sent a couple photos as more evidence.
Second, you must prove the relationship. In my case, it was the engagement
ceremony pictures. I sent a few of them.
In addition, it also requires my fiance to write a letter stating that she
intends to marry me within 90 days of her arrival. I also wrote one.
I guess those things convince them that our relationship is genuine, which
it is.

"D V" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > I am planning to save all our emails (about 100) and my 15-minutes
videotape
    > relationship in process of filing a I-129F for K1 visa.Am I worrying if
INS
    > will consider a CD Rom media as a valid proof(I still have the risk that
his

Old Apr 10th 2003, 11:04 pm
Mrtravel

D V wrote:
    > I am planning to save all our emails (about 100) and my 15-minutes videotape
    > relationship in process of filing a I-129F for K1 visa.Am I worrying if INS
    > will consider a CD Rom media as a valid proof(I still have the risk that his

Print out a few of the emails and send them.

They aren't going to want a CD Rom or video.

Stick to paper. I doubt BCIS is equiped to deal with a multimedia
presentation.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.