Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Proof of Income from Sponsor....... question?

Proof of Income from Sponsor....... question?

Old Mar 23rd 2018, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

anothercalamity is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Proof of Income from Sponsor....... question?

Hi
I've sent of my final packet to the NVC with the sponsor forms, I am being sponsored by my mother in law as a secondary sponsor as my husband currently has no income.
I sent off a copy of her most recent tax return (2017) with the amounts for 2016 & 2015.
Do I need copies of the other tax returns for my interview at the consulate? The form said copies of the older two were optional..
Just wondering if I'm going to need her to find the other two ready for the interview, she's pretty disorganised and has lost 2016's.
Old Mar 23rd 2018, 7:20 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Proof of Income from Sponsor....... question?

it's not a bad idea to bring a copy of all 3 years, as the officer may ask for them. That being said, you can only provide what you have.

Your MIL can get free tax transcript at www.irs.gov.

Rene