Reload this Page >

problem in I-94 card of k3 visa need help

problem in I-94 card of k3 visa need help

Old Mar 2nd 2003, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

kumar1965 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default problem in I-94 card of k3 visa need help

Hi all ,

my wife arrived on k3 visa on 27 feb 2003 at newark airport. The problem is they stapled I 94 arrival and departure card on her passport but the date says CLASS K3 UNTILL 26 FEB 2003 instead of 26 FEB 2005.

when we apply for AOS and EAD will there be any problem and anybody can advice me how to correct this problem .

need urgent help please
thanks kumar1965
Old Mar 2nd 2003, 10:26 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: problem in I-94 card of k3 visa need help

Originally posted by kumar1965
Hi all ,

my wife arrived on k3 visa on 27 feb 2003 at newark airport. The problem is they stapled I 94 arrival and departure card on her passport but the date says CLASS K3 UNTILL 26 FEB 2003 instead of 26 FEB 2005.

when we apply for AOS and EAD will there be any problem and anybody can advice me how to correct this problem .

need urgent help please
thanks kumar1965
If you can't go back to the office at the airport, you might want to go to the local BCIS office and have then change the dates. Bring her flight information with her.

Does it show both dates? I.e. 27 FEB 2003 - 26 FEB 2003? If so, any fool looking at it will see there was a mistake.

One reason why you have to carefully check everything before you leave the area. Sorry that she didn't check it while still at the airport.
Rete
Old Mar 3rd 2003, 11:13 pm
Forum Regular

kumar1965 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: problem in I-94 card of k3 visa need help

Originally posted by Rete
If you can't go back to the office at the airport, you might want to go to the local BCIS office and have then change the dates. Bring her flight information with her.

Does it show both dates? I.e. 27 FEB 2003 - 26 FEB 2003? If so, any fool looking at it will see there was a mistake.

One reason why you have to carefully check everything before you leave the area. Sorry that she didn't check it while still at the airport.
Rete
Hi Rete,
Today i went to the local INS office cherry hill NJ state and they i show them the I 94 card and they told me to go back to the Newark airport to get it corrected . but i dont think they allow back again in the airport immigration.

On the I 94 card it has two dates as follows NEW ADMITTED 27 FEB 2003 and second date is CLASS K3 UNTILL 26 FEB 2003 instead of 2005.

I am confused now what to do, should i send the same card when i apply for I 485 and I765 .

I also asked them where i have to file for I485 adjustment of status for k3 visa they told me to file at chicago address . Is this true?

when i ask for where to file for I 765 EAD they told me to file at Newark INS office , but when i show them instruction that (a) (9) has to file at chicago they agreed with me. I personally thik that we people know better about k3 visa then this INS people do.

please advice me on the above matter i would appriciate.

thanks kumar1965