Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Princessfiona.....how'd you get on today?

Princessfiona.....how'd you get on today?

Old Feb 25th 2004, 6:42 pm

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Princessfiona.....how'd you get on today?

Did you have any luck with your interim EAD in Miami today?

Kate. xxx
Old Feb 26th 2004, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

princess_fiona is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Princessfiona.....how'd you get on today?

Originally posted by katesuiter1
Did you have any luck with your interim EAD in Miami today?

Kate. xxx

Hey Kate! Wheww! I was almost late for my 10am appointment (have to drop off my kid to my sister's house) and all these traffic going on. Then parking is really bad, had no choice but to pay $10 unless you want your car towed

When I got in I was asked for my appointment letter and why I am there (the appt. letter did state I-765) oh well.. Then I was given a # when I checked there's at least 50 numbers ahead of me! I was looking around and saw that they added few small offices in the waiting area. Then I saw 4-5 people being trained (I was thinking...why not hire me? I may know something she don't LOL!). Hmmm...looks like they're doing something to speed up things here (I hope).

After 30 mins. of waiting I was able to talk to an officer. Again, asked me why am there. Then I told her that it's over 90 days and no EAD. She first checked status of my I-485 and was surprised (I'm not though) that it's a very old case (at least she's the first person thought about it after speaking for at least 4 people about my case). She asked for any I-485-related documentation from me. I gave her the receipt and interview notice. Then checked on the computer and made copies on the documents. She said she gonna send those copies to the supervisor and our interviewing officer to review my case (for the 4th time).

After that she looked up my EAD application then told me they haven't got into my case. So she gave me an appointment to come again on Friday in the 2nd floor. She asked me to fill out EAD application to bring with me on Friday. I asked if I can go after but she told me it's all booked until Thursday. So I have no choice but to go back Friday before they open. I asked if it's SURE that I'm getting a card on Friday. She said " they should give it to you, I hope"..What??? She's not even sure!!!

Oh well..can't do anything but to go back Friday. I'm planning to leave the house 5am to be one of the first people in line.

I'll let you know what happened. So any luck with your biometrics appointment?

Last edited by princess_fiona; Feb 26th 2004 at 3:44 pm.
Old Feb 26th 2004, 3:56 pm

Originally posted by princess_fiona
I'll let you know what happened. So any luck with your biometrics appointment?
My God, you must be tearing your hair out!!!! Why do they book an appointment for you and then tell you it might be a waste of time? No wonder people hate them!!! I hope you get your card, so you can breathe easier for a while.

I got my bio appt for April 7th. I called the 1800 # at 7.58am and a guy picked up right away! He booked the first appt available, and it's the office I went to for my AOS fingerprinting, so I was pleased about that, cuz they're fairly quick once you get there. Yippee!

Best of luck for Friday, and I'll be keeping everything crossed for you!!!!

Kate. xxxx
Old Feb 26th 2004, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

My God, you must be tearing your hair out!!!! Why do they book an appointment for you and then tell you it might be a waste of time? No wonder people hate them!!! I hope you get your card, so you can breathe easier for a while.

I got my bio appt for April 7th. I called the 1800 # at 7.58am and a guy picked up right away! He booked the first appt available, and it's the office I went to for my AOS fingerprinting, so I was pleased about that, cuz they're fairly quick once you get there. Yippee!

Best of luck for Friday, and I'll be keeping everything crossed for you!!!!

Kate. xxxx

Yahhh! You got it right...I was trying to control myself not to SCREAM!!! But then what can I do? The same thing happened last year when my EAD app is over 90 days. It took me the whole day waiting for it.

That's great! Now you're one step on your application. Regarding your AOS they might speed things up since they added more people and I hope they fix their system too.

We'll see what happens on Friday. Thanks!!!
Old Feb 26th 2004, 10:47 pm
Isabelle's Mommy

AndysGirl will become famous soon enough

What's biometrics appointment?
Old Feb 27th 2004, 11:47 am

Originally posted by AndysGirl
What's biometrics appointment?
Fingerprinting and photo for an application. The last time I got my EAD, I had an appointment to go to Miami USCIS to have it done and was issued my card while I was there, but this time, I e-filed, and I have to go to the local Application Support Center.

Kate. xxxx
Old Feb 27th 2004, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

Default UPDATE!

Kate, I got my interim EAD today after 2 hours of waiting...I can breath now. It's valid for 8 months. I guess I'll be getting the 1 year EAD soon. The last time I checked they're working on Oct.24, 2003 applications.

Then I drop by the driver's license office to renew my DL. It's been a long day but thanked God I got what I need.
Old Feb 27th 2004, 8:35 pm

Default Re: UPDATE!

Originally posted by princess_fiona
Kate, I got my interim EAD today after 2 hours of waiting...I can breath now. It's valid for 8 months. I guess I'll be getting the 1 year EAD soon. The last time I checked they're working on Oct.24, 2003 applications.

Then I drop by the driver's license office to renew my DL. It's been a long day but thanked God I got what I need.
WOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you have to pull teeth to get it, or was it relatively easy?

Great news, and I can imagine how relieved you are!!!! Yippee!!

Kate. xxxx
Old Feb 27th 2004, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: UPDATE!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you have to pull teeth to get it, or was it relatively easy?

Great news, and I can imagine how relieved you are!!!! Yippee!!

Kate. xxxx
LOL!!! Not really...I slept actually while waiting then I thought I was just dreaming that someone was calling my name hahahaha!

Thanks!

Have a great weekend