Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Princessfiona....and anyone else who E-filed EAD

Princessfiona....and anyone else who E-filed EAD

Old Feb 23rd 2004, 11:57 am

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Princessfiona....and anyone else who E-filed EAD

Hi!

I did a little research on e-filing my EAD renewal, and I decided to take the chance, as I'd at least I'd be sure of getting some proof of filing. It went good, and my application was filed at MSC, and I printed out the receipt and mailed off my supporting documents. I checked on the online case status yesterday, and my application is in there. Yay!!!

It says on my receipt that I need to book a biometrics appointment at my local ASC before they can process my application, but do they mean the 30-90 day clock will start ticking after that, or has it already, and I can hold off on the appointment for a while? Any insight would be great, as I want to stay on top of this as much as I can.

Kate. xxxxx

Last edited by katesuiter1; Feb 23rd 2004 at 12:29 pm.
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 2:11 pm
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Princessfiona....and anyone else who E-filed EAD

Originally posted by katesuiter1
Hi!

I did a little research on e-filing my EAD renewal, and I decided to take the chance, as I'd at least I'd be sure of getting some proof of filing. It went good, and my application was filed at MSC, and I printed out the receipt and mailed off my supporting documents. I checked on the online case status yesterday, and my application is in there. Yay!!!

It says on my receipt that I need to book a biometrics appointment at my local ASC before they can process my application, but do they mean the 30-90 day clock will start ticking after that, or has it already, and I can hold off on the appointment for a while? Any insight would be great, as I want to stay on top of this as much as I can.

Kate. xxxxx
i e- filed my ead it was for my first ead and i am still waiting and its over the 90 days. i had the fingerprints done 4 days after i filed. i would get your fingerprints done as soon as you can.
Old Feb 24th 2004, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

princess_fiona is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi!

Kate. xxxxx
Katie, call the 1-800 number and schedule your biometrics as soon as you can. When you call ask for all locations i.e. Ft. Laud, Miami, Biscayne, Hialeah, etc. and pick the earliest appointment they can give. You need to do this after e-filing because according to them "YOUR APPLICATION CANNOT BE PROCESSED UNTIL YOU APPEARED FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT AT THE APPLICATION SUPPORT CENTER." ASC Biscayne (just across Miami ofc) I think is open on Saturdays.

The 30-90 days is from the date of receipt notice (will be getting in the mail soon).

You made the right decision of e-filing at least 4 months before your current card expires. I just called the national customer service and they're working on Oct.24, 2003 applications. Mine is over 90 days and am going to Miami ofc tomorrow to see what they can give, maybe an INTERIM EAD if I get lucky LOL!

Umm..just curious...did you say you mailed supporting documentation? My understanding is that you will only do this if they asked something from you.

Last edited by princess_fiona; Feb 24th 2004 at 5:55 pm.
Old Feb 24th 2004, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by candy wy.
i e- filed my ead it was for my first ead and i am still waiting and its over the 90 days. i had the fingerprints done 4 days after i filed. i would get your fingerprints done as soon as you can.
When did you applied for your EAD? According to the USCIS if it's over 90 days you can go to your local CIS office they might give you an Interim EAD (good for 240 days) while waiting for the approval.

Last edited by princess_fiona; Feb 24th 2004 at 5:56 pm.
Old Feb 24th 2004, 5:52 pm

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by princess_fiona
Katie, call the 1-800 number and schedule your biometrics as soon as you can. When you call ask for all locations i.e. Ft. Laud, Miami, Biscayne, Hialeah, etc. and pick the earliest appointment they can give. You need to do this after e-filing because according to them "YOUR APPLICATION CANNOT BE PROCESSED UNTIL YOU APPEARED FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT AT THE APPLICATION SUPPORT CENTER." ASC Biscayne (just across Miami ofc) I think is open on Saturdays.

The 30-90 days is from the date of receipt notice (will be getting in the mail soon).

You made the right decision of e-filing at least 4 months before your current card expires. I just called the national customer service and they're working on Oct.24, 2003 applications. Mine had passed 90 days and am going to Miami ofc tomorrow to see what they can give, maybe an INTERIM EAD if I get lucky LOL!

Umm..just curious...did you say you mailed supporting documentation? My understanding is that you will only do this if they asked something from you.
Hi!!!! I called the Customer Service last night and again this morning, and both times they said that ALL the Support Offices in South Florida were fully booked for the next month and a half. The only suggestions she gave me was either to go to a Tampa office (insane!!!!!!!!!!!) or to call every day at 8am until I get an appointment. I suppose I'll do the latter, as I'm not giving them any more of my money by travelling to Tampa.

I sent supporting documents anyway, even though they didn't ask for anything specific. There was a note on there saying I should send supporting documents to the address on the receipt. I sent a copy of the online receipt, a copy of my current EAD, front and back, a copy of my birth cert and marriage license, and a copy of my AOS receipt. I'm not giving these buggers any excuse to send my app back.

Good luck with Miami tomorrow. Did you book an appointment to go there, or are you just gonna show up? Let me know how you get on, as so few people post here from Miami, and it's good to hear your experience.

Kate. xxxxxxx
Old Feb 24th 2004, 5:57 pm
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by princess_fiona
When did you applied for your EAD? According to the USCIS if it passed 90 days you can go to your local CIS office they might give you an Interim EAD (good for 240 days) while waiting for the approval.
my receipt date is nov 7th. i will probably go and get the interim ead next week.
Old Feb 24th 2004, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

Hi!!!! I called the Customer Service last night and again this morning, and both times they said that ALL the Support Offices in South Florida were fully booked for the next month and a half. The only suggestions she gave me was either to go to a Tampa office (insane!!!!!!!!!!!) or to call every day at 8am until I get an appointment. I suppose I'll do the latter, as I'm not giving them any more of my money by travelling to Tampa.

I sent supporting documents anyway, even though they didn't ask for anything specific. There was a note on there saying I should send supporting documents to the address on the receipt. I sent a copy of the online receipt, a copy of my current EAD, front and back, a copy of my birth cert and marriage license, and a copy of my AOS receipt. I'm not giving these buggers any excuse to send my app back.

Good luck with Miami tomorrow. Did you book an appointment to go there, or are you just gonna show up? Let me know how you get on, as so few people post here from Miami, and it's good to hear your experience.

Kate. xxxxxxx
Kate, that's insane!!!! Maybe next time you call ask if you can just show up in any ASC here? I know the lines are not really that long and the biometrics process itself is not even 10 minutes.

I scheduled an appointment 2 weeks ago through: http://www.bcis-fla.com. Don't wanna take chances of getting in for just showing up. You know how things here

I will definitely keep y'all posted. Thanks!