Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Pretty desperate to get some advice

Wikiposts

Pretty desperate to get some advice

Old Sep 9th 2008, 4:32 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pretty desperate to get some advice

file for divorce now. chose whether you want to include the stuff he owes you for or not.

You are making your life your own again - get on with the next step so you can go all the way. Dont let him drag this on with empty promises forever or it will just depress you even more.
Old Sep 9th 2008, 5:26 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pretty desperate to get some advice

Originally Posted by kuda23
... my husband still didn't file for divorce.
So... 2.5 months later *you* still haven't filed for divorce. Do it. Do it now. Don't wait for him. Don't be the one to react to a situation he creates... *you* take control of the situation. Don't act like a victim.

He owes me money for some previous bills, as well as for our car insurance and cell phone which I'm still patiently and stupidly paying for.
Stop paying immediately. Don't just think about it... do it. He will *never* pay you... so cut your losses and move on with *your* life. Stop paying for his debts.

I've asked him for the money to which he responded that if I'm not willing to work on our relationship then he won't pay me back as he needs the money to file.
Another stall tactic from him... and you actually believe it!

I told him the divorce papers cost less than $200...
Then *you* file.

His response is that he needs to file two more things- I'm pretty sure he's trying to make me believe it's immigration/deportation related paperwork.
He can do whatever he wants... it will *not* affect you at all.

Today he told me that he had the papers ready back in June and didn't file because obviously he still loves me.
Another stall tactic... and his "love" is irrelevant.

FILE FOR DIVORCE! Take control of your own life, and stop giving control to others.

Ian