Wikiposts

Possible problems

Old Apr 12th 2013, 3:29 am
Forum Regular

Andy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_UK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Possible problems

Hi
I received in the post yesterday an I -797C notice of action which says..
Notice type is: Receipt Notice; Fee in Suspense.
The above application or petition has been received. We have placed it in suspense pending a decision on the fee. We will send you a written notice as soon as a decision is made with regard to the fee and acceptance of your case.

Then it goes on about if this case is an I-130 petition it is only the 1st step in helping a relative immigrate to the USA.

This form was processed ages ago and I have been living in the USA for 3 weeks now and not sure what this letter is all about.

Also when I filled out the DS-230 I checked the box (43b) to get a SSN which hasn't come in the post, so I phoned the local office and they said they haven't got anything regarding this so I need to go in and start the process going the only problem is that I have had a job offer and they will not let me start until I have a SSN, will the local office give me a temporary one? if that is possible as I know they wont hold the job open for long.
Cheers
Andy
Old Apr 12th 2013, 3:36 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Possible problems

It sounds as if the process may have hiccupped, twice.

Or maybe only once. Too bad the notice doesn't tell you specifically what fee and what application or petition it's referring to. Maybe an InfoPass appointment would help.

Have you provided the $165 immigration fee to USCIS that is required before you will be issued a greencard?

Regards, JEff
Old Apr 12th 2013, 3:40 am
Mouthy Yank

Speedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond repute

I've been seeing this message on other forums, and in some cases people are getting fee waivers they never applied for. Nobody seems quite sure what triggers the notice... maybe flaky data entry or cases placed in the wrong stack for processing?
Old Apr 12th 2013, 3:46 am
Forum Regular

Andy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_UK has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I paid the $165 as soon as I got my visa package back from London, which was 5 days before I left the UK.
Old Apr 12th 2013, 4:01 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andy_UK
This form was processed ages ago and I have been living in the USA for 3 weeks now and not sure what this letter is all about.
Since you've already immigrated, I wouldn't worry about this notice. You've paid all the fees required, and now you're here. The system evidently had a glitch and you got this letter by mistake.

Also when I filled out the DS-230 I checked the box (43b) to get a SSN which hasn't come in the post, so I phoned the local office and they said they haven't got anything regarding this so I need to go in and start the process going the only problem is that I have had a job offer and they will not let me start until I have a SSN, will the local office give me a temporary one? if that is possible as I know they wont hold the job open for long.
No, SS won't give you a temporary number/card. They have to verify your immigration status in their system first, before they can issue any kind of number/card.

Three weeks is not always time enough to get the card in the mail...sometimes it can take longer. If you don't want to wait, you can go in person to the SS office and have them double check that you're in the system. SS should be able to give you some kind of letter saying your card is in being processed (or something like that) to show your employer.

Rene
Old Apr 12th 2013, 4:10 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Rene
I am heading to the SS office as soon as my wife is done with work and will ask there for a letter saying that my application is being processed.
Old Apr 12th 2013, 4:13 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Rene
I am heading to the SS office as soon as my wife is done with work and will ask there for a letter saying that my application is being processed.
Keep in mind they can only verify your application if they see one in the system, and if your name is in there too. When people check the box on the DS-230, I am not sure exactly what SS sees on the US side...whether they can see you've "applied" in advance or not.

Rene
Old Apr 12th 2013, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

I have a new one being issued as they couldn't find me on the system and said if I went back on tuesday or wednesday I would prob have a number that I can use for my job
Old Apr 13th 2013, 12:03 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I have a new one being issued as they couldn't find me on the system and said if I went back on tuesday or wednesday I would prob have a number that I can use for my job
Excellent. Well done.

Ian
Old Apr 13th 2013, 1:48 am

That's fine. If your original one shows up in the mail after all, go back to the SS office and have them correct their records so that you have only ONE number.

Rene
Old Apr 13th 2013, 1:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
That's fine. If your original one shows up in the mail after all, go back to the SS office and have them correct their records so that you have only ONE number.

Rene
Will Do
Old Apr 13th 2013, 10:31 pm
Forum Regular

I had 2 more of the I-797c notice of action letters in the post yesterday.
One was Fee Previously Collected which cleared up the matter of the original post and the other is a welcome to the United States notice. So things are looking good.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 1:41 am
Forum Regular

I now have my 2 year 'green card' and my social sec number
Old Apr 18th 2013, 1:46 am
Mouthy Yank

Speedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond repute

I now have my 2 year 'green card' and my social sec number
Excellent, congratulations and welcome
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

everything sorted, and start my new job on Saturday...things are looking good!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.