Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

POE at JFK success! Sadegh is home!

POE at JFK success! Sadegh is home!

Old Apr 23rd 2004, 2:23 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default POE at JFK success! Sadegh is home!

Hi All,

Our POE experience through JFK on April 21st was absolutely great!! It took exactly 2 hours to get through immigration and customs and we still made our connecting flight with 20 minutes to spare!

Officer Cruz, who did Sadegh's special registration (something I think only Iranians have to do), was extremely nice, polite, and very helpful about the whole process. He was clueing us in as to what to expect for the AOS phase, and was making light conversation with us as he worked.

Sadegh received his 90 day temporary EAD card at that point as well.

The only person who was grumpy was the customs inspector, but maybe he was just having a bad day. LOL He was kind of harsh in his questions about why I had been in Turkey and seemed confused about how it is that Sadegh and I both arrived from Istanbul together when I'm American and he's Iranian - but then again, I guess you don't see that situation too often. He only inspected Sadegh's briefcase and one piece of luggage and then waved us away as if he was tired of the whole thing. LOL

After a wonderful night's stay in Los Angeles, we flew home to Phoenix this afternoon. Needless to say, Sadegh is quite overwhelmed with everything here and is now napping while I try to get caught up with being gone for 2 weeks. Whew!

Best Wishes to Everyone!
Rene and Sadegh <---- still pinching each other in disbelief! LOL
Old Apr 23rd 2004, 2:43 am
BE Enthusiast

cutenurse300 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: POE at JFK success! Sadegh is home!

Wooooow you both made it...congrats for the good news!!!!!
Old Apr 23rd 2004, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

MMA2002 will become famous soon enough

Congrats Rene and Sadegh!
Thank you so much for your posts. They've been so helpful, especially considering we're using the same embassy. I believe Mahir will be home by my birthday on June 1 (Ankara will be receiving our Packet #3 on Monday). Good luck to you and Sadegh and keep posting as you go through AOS and all that stuff. I wish you happiness and continuous love for the rest of your lives.
Allison
Old Apr 23rd 2004, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

Alicia&Driss is an unknown quantity at this point

This is such wonderful news!!! Congrats to you both and many many happy days to come!!!! Sadegh..Welcome to the US!!!!
Old Apr 23rd 2004, 12:18 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Such wonderful news Rene and Sadegh!! I am sure you both are estatic right now. After such a wirlwind, I imagine you must be exausted also- take some time and rest up, enjoying your being togather. Good Luck!!

John and Cathy
Old Apr 23rd 2004, 12:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Me - Illinois, USA / Husband - Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Michi is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations!! Finally, after such a long wait, you guys are finally home and together I am so happy for the both of you!! Glad the POE wasn't hard at all

Lily,
Old Apr 23rd 2004, 1:46 pm
Valley of the Sun

souls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to behold

oh congrats to you both on your homecoming.. best of luck in your future together..

YAY.
Old Apr 23rd 2004, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

pkmk is on a distinguished road

CONGRATS BEST OF LUCK ...
Old Apr 23rd 2004, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

amylass is an unknown quantity at this point

YAY! Well done to both of you getting through this whole process, it's been a long one!
I'm glad to hear you are both safely back in the States and to stay!

Many blessings Rene and Sadegh for your bright future.

Amy
Old Apr 23rd 2004, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

TammyB is an unknown quantity at this point

Great News!! Congratulations!! So happy for you!! Best of Wishes to you and your husbands future...

Tammy

Originally posted by Noorah101
Hi All,

Our POE experience through JFK on April 21st was absolutely great!! It took exactly 2 hours to get through immigration and customs and we still made our connecting flight with 20 minutes to spare!

Officer Cruz, who did Sadegh's special registration (something I think only Iranians have to do), was extremely nice, polite, and very helpful about the whole process. He was clueing us in as to what to expect for the AOS phase, and was making light conversation with us as he worked.

The only person who was grumpy was the customs inspector, but maybe he was just having a bad day. LOL He was kind of harsh in his questions about why I had been in Turkey and seemed confused about how it is that Sadegh and I both arrived from Istanbul together when I'm American and he's Iranian - but then again, I guess you don't see that situation too often. He only inspected Sadegh's briefcase and one piece of luggage and then waved us away as if he was tired of the whole thing. LOL

After a wonderful night's stay in Los Angeles, we flew home to Phoenix this afternoon. Needless to say, Sadegh is quite overwhelmed with everything here and is now napping while I try to get caught up with being gone for 2 weeks. Whew!

Best Wishes to Everyone!
Old Apr 23rd 2004, 6:46 pm
won't be long now!

SidAngelika is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

Best Wishes to Everyone!
Congratulations...happy end to a long nerv wrecking story....all the best
Sid & Angelika
Old Apr 23rd 2004, 6:50 pm

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Many congrats!!!!!!!!

Kate. xxx
Old Apr 25th 2004, 12:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

tmushen is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

Best Wishes to Everyone!
Isn't great that you are together in the US. Good luck.
Old Apr 25th 2004, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

Ayisha is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations, Rene! Welcome home, Sadegh!

Ayisha
Old Apr 25th 2004, 3:07 pm
Living in Milwaukee, USA!

mcjimbo will become famous soon enough

Many Congrats to you both!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.