Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Please help, im am so cofussed with all the DS230 forms etc

Please help, im am so cofussed with all the DS230 forms etc

Old Jul 16th 2012, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

k.masson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Please help, im am so cofussed with all the DS230 forms etc

Now please if you are replying to shoot me down can I ask you kindly to refrain. I am genuinely confussed and i sincerely require a little help with clearity even after reading the info 100 times.

I have finally recieved my letter to proceed with my K1 visa app.

step 1:

They require DS-230 pt1, What do i do with pt2?

Do i book my medical before or after submitting the DS 2001 form?

Thanx in advance
Old Jul 16th 2012, 10:13 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please help, im am so cofussed with all the DS230 forms etc

Originally Posted by k.masson
They require DS-230 pt1, What do i do with pt2?
Nothing. You can throw it away.

Do i book my medical before or after submitting the DS 2001 form?
Either one, I believe.

Rene
Old Jul 16th 2012, 10:13 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

If you have your LND case number you can book your medical. Your visa, when issued by the Embassy, will be valid 6 months from the date you had the medical.
Old Jul 16th 2012, 10:14 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Here is an excellent post by Moxie on what to do for the K-1 visa application process:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...78&postcount=7

Rene
Old Jul 16th 2012, 10:19 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Case number and police report. (At least you need to have the police report before the booked medical date arrives.)

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by lansbury
If you have your LND case number you can book your medical.
Old Jul 16th 2012, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

Rene thankyou very much, helpful as always

Lansbury, where would one find my LND case number?

Also, a bit off topic but something you mentioned Lansbury, once the interview is done and passed what time scale do i have to make my move to the states?
Old Jul 16th 2012, 10:25 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Rene thankyou very much, helpful as always

Lansbury, where would one find my LND case number?

Also, a bit off topic but something you mentioned Lansbury, once the interview is done and passed what time scale do i have to make my move to the states?
Once you have had you interview at the Embassy, they will send back your passport with the visa it (if you are approved of course). That visa will be valid for six months from the date you had your medical, and you must enter the US with those six months.

Not sure on what the LND case number will be for an I-129F, as I did a an IR-1. Rene will know, but if you are filling out the DS-230 I would have thought it was on the letter telling you the I-129F had been approved and the case is being passed to London. I shall awaits Rene's answer to learn if that is right or not.

Last edited by lansbury; Jul 16th 2012 at 10:27 pm.
Old Jul 16th 2012, 10:39 pm

Once you have had you interview at the Embassy, they will send back your passport with the visa it (if you are approved of course). That visa will be valid for six months from the date you had your medical, and you must enter the US with those six months.
I'll just make a note here that it's fairly recent that people have been reporting the validity of 6 months from date of medical, rather than 6 months from date of visa approval. Just in case you're researching further and see a discrepency in posts.

Not sure on what the LND case number will be for an I-129F, as I did a an IR-1. Rene will know, but if you are filling out the DS-230 I would have thought it was on the letter telling you the I-129F had been approved and the case is being passed to London. I shall awaits Rene's answer to learn if that is right or not.
I"m afraid I can't really help in this case. Our case was not through London, and it was way back in 2004. I just double checked, and there was no overseas case number on the I-129F approval notice. I believe those are assigned by NVC now. We never did get a notice from NVC saying the case has been forwarded to the US Embassy overseas (but if we had received such a letter, as some do, I expect the case number would be on there).

If you don't receive a notice from NVC saying your case has been forwarded to the embassy, you can try waiting a couple of weeks from the I-129F approval notice date, and then call NVC to see if they received your case from USCIS and if they've assigned an LND case number to it.

Rene
Old Jul 16th 2012, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

Jeff, thankyou sir

lans, im going to dig out my letter to see, thank you
Old Jul 16th 2012, 10:47 pm
Forum Regular

rene thanx again so much,

seriously id be stuck without all your help to all who replied, its transpiring I am a dummy.
Old Jul 16th 2012, 10:53 pm

Jeff, thankyou sir

lans, im going to dig out my letter to see, thank you
Reading the reply from Rene, you probably will not see on that letter so don't worry if it isn't there.
Old Jul 16th 2012, 11:09 pm
Forum Regular

Reading the reply from Rene, you probably will not see on that letter so don't worry if it isn't there.
so i still need that to book my medical right?
Old Jul 16th 2012, 11:12 pm

so i still need that to book my medical right?
Yes you need the LND case number to book the medical. Do you have your police certificate yet, because you will need that to take to the medical?
Old Jul 16th 2012, 11:33 pm
Forum Regular

I havnt got a police cert yet,
Old Jul 16th 2012, 11:36 pm

I havnt got a police cert yet,
Yes, you will need your LND number in order to book the medical. You will need to have your police certificate in hand before the date of your medical exam...you need to take a copy of the police certificate with you to your medical.

Rene

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.