Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Please can I have advice on I-129F from you great ppl???

Wikiposts

Please can I have advice on I-129F from you great ppl???

Old Dec 3rd 2009, 5:41 am
Forum Regular

Helen23 is just really niceHelen23 is just really niceHelen23 is just really niceHelen23 is just really niceHelen23 is just really niceHelen23 is just really niceHelen23 is just really niceHelen23 is just really nice
Question Please can I have advice on I-129F from you great ppl???

Thanks guys for your past advice , we have choosen the route of gettin a fiancee visa and have downloaded and filled in the I-129F form but are a little confused as what else we need to send with the form, I know we need to send a copy of his birth certificate as he is the USC and a cheque but what else do we send? a G-325A has been mentioned?
Would greatly appreciate any help from you

Thanks in advance!
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 5:45 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please can I have advice on I-129F from you great ppl???

Originally Posted by Helen23
Thanks guys for your past advice , we have choosen the route of gettin a fiancee visa and have downloaded and filled in the I-129F form but are a little confused as what else we need to send with the form, I know we need to send a copy of his birth certificate as he is the USC and a cheque but what else do we send? a G-325A has been mentioned?
Would greatly appreciate any help from you

Thanks in advance!
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/K1

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/K1_London_Applications
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 5:47 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... have downloaded and filled in the I-129F form...
Did you also download the I-129F instructions?

Ian
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 5:51 am
Forum Regular

Helen23 is just really niceHelen23 is just really niceHelen23 is just really niceHelen23 is just really niceHelen23 is just really niceHelen23 is just really niceHelen23 is just really niceHelen23 is just really nice

Yes I did Im just unsure of what evidence we can provide to prove we have personally met and mutually agree to marry? do they want photos, emails?
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 6:07 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I did Im just unsure of what evidence we can provide to prove we have personally met and mutually agree to marry? do they want photos, emails?
Yes photos any thing that links you both together and that you have met in person.
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 6:14 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

The I-129F instructions are very clear as to what else is required along with the I-129F application.

As for evidence of you two meeting in person, most people use photos together, plane ticket stubs, and passport pages showing entry/exit stamps. But of course if you have other things, include those.

Rene
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 8:27 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

H,

Did you download and read the I-129f instructions at the same time? If not, there's still time to do so.

Regards, JEff

Thanks guys for your past advice , we have choosen the route of gettin a fiancee visa and have downloaded and filled in the I-129F form but are a little confused as what else we need to send with the form,
Old Dec 4th 2009, 5:47 am
Forum Regular

Thanks everybody I did download the instructions I was just unsure of what they would expect as 'evidence' as it isnt defined in the instructions but thanks to you guys I now know! I dont have ticket stubs but I definitely have plenty of photos, emails and a letter to confirm our mutual intent and promise to marry within 90days.
Does anyone know how long its generally takes for them to approve your I-129F?
Old Dec 4th 2009, 6:13 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everybody I did download the instructions I was just unsure of what they would expect as 'evidence' as it isnt defined in the instructions but thanks to you guys I now know! I dont have ticket stubs but I definitely have plenty of photos, emails and a letter to confirm our mutual intent and promise to marry within 90days.
You can look up your Service Center estimated processing times here: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard/ProcTimes.do

For your evidence, you need items that prove you have met in person within the past two years. Emails don't do this, and photos don't do it alone. Please review the wiki entry here and read others' posts for tips.
Old Dec 4th 2009, 6:28 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Photos are good evidence, but emails are not. Emails do not prove you were physically together. Try to come up with something else.

The letter confirming intent to marry is something separate from the evidence of having met in person, and is a requirement in and of itself.

Currently, about 4 - 6 months.

Rene
Old Dec 4th 2009, 6:46 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

H,

There's a reason for this - although many couples may have similar situations, one size does not fit all. They tell you what a petitioner has to demonstrate, the petitioner is then expected to provide documentation that is approriate for their own particular situation and circumstances.

When looking at suggestions provided by others, select those that fit your situation. Do not try to 'spin' your situation to fit suggestions that do not apply to you.

Regards, JEff

Thanks everybody I did download the instructions I was just unsure of what they would expect as 'evidence' as it isnt defined in the instructions
Old Dec 4th 2009, 10:17 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Photos are good evidence, but emails are not. Emails do not prove you were physically together.
To be fair, photos don't either... not these days.

Ian
Old Dec 8th 2009, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks so much again for all your advice.
My evidence im sending is:
Two plane itineraries
A copy of my passport showing entry stamps
Photos
Do you think this is adquate to send with I-129F?

Oh and just one more question the mutual intent letter, is there anything other than stating our relationship and wanting to become married we should write?
Old Dec 9th 2009, 2:51 am

Two plane itineraries
Photos
For evidence of meeting in person, this should be fine...that's what we sent. My immigration lawyer at the time also recommended sending in a few items to show that we are currently in touch with each other, so included a few phone bills.

Oh and just one more question the mutual intent letter, is there anything other than stating our relationship and wanting to become married we should write?
That's all you need. Some people are very specific and say they are free to marry and intend to do so within 90 days of arrival on the K-1.

Rene
Old Dec 9th 2009, 6:17 am

H,

Boarding passes are better than itineraries - itineraries do not show that you made the trip, and so are no more useful than the passport stamps alone.

Regards, JEff

Two plane itineraries
Photos

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.