Please Advise

Old Jan 17th 2009, 11:00 am
Account Closed

Rinky Pinky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Please Advise

Originally Posted by Rinky Pinky
Oh! lol

I'm truely sorry everyone (i'm Blond) o.k let me start again.

I flew to L.A in November using a Visa Waver Program as I usually do.

My partner and I, then drove to Vegas to the Mandalay Bay Hotel for the Stock Trading Exbo. While there we got married

We were going to have a family wedding, only Oscar said "lets get married now chicken face" (How can a girl resist lol)

So now as I am trying to compile as much info as I can on how to get a U.S visa, I have found that because I married Oscar without a fiance Visa, I may not be able to get a Visa to live in the U.S. as it can be deemed fraud.

I do hope this makes more sense guys, and thanks for trying to help me.

My post absolutely mentions residency, however if we are playing semantics, I refer to living in the U.S aka residency.

I am just getting totally confused now, I think perhaps I will look elsewhere.

Thanku to everyone that tried to help me.
Old Jan 17th 2009, 11:28 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

My post absolutely mentions residency, however if we are playing semantics, I refer to living in the U.S aka residency.

RP, please don't be dissuaded. conversations do tend to go off on a tangent here.. it's a related tangent for you, but not relevant.

If you are now married to a US Citizen, and you are outside the US, the procedure is very straight forward:

Oscar petitions you with form I-130.
In about 4-6 months, the I-130 is approved.
You'll then be invited to apply for a visa.
You'll do some forms back/forth.
You will go for an Immigrant Visa interview in London.
You'll get the visa put in your passport and move to live with Oscar in the US.
Start to finish, it's about 8-10 months and about $1500 in fees and odds/ends.
It's really that simple. Here is the super simplified explanation from USCIS (Immigration) http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/A1eng.pdf

During the next 8-10 months, you are allowed to visit as usual on the Visa Waiver Program. Don't forget that you will need to get an ESTA electronic clearance before your next visit (this is brand new and you only do it once).

I hope that helps, and please feel free to start a NEW thread now that you have some more information. I'll try to help keep it from getting derailed.

EDIT: the only other thing I will add to reassure you now is that you have not ruined anything by getting married when and where you did. Congratulations on the marriage!
Old Jan 17th 2009, 11:49 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

These past few posts do not apply to you. You are already married. These past few posts refer to someone entering the US who is *NOT* yet married... therefore, these posts are not relevant to your situation.

Sometimes, posts go off on a tangent... it's the nature of online forums. Don't interpret this as mere "semantics"... once you've been here for a short while, you'll see that this is the *best* method of tossing ideas around and allowing for a natural "peer review" of things. These tangents shouldn't put you off the good advice you have received and will continue to receive.

I think perhaps I will look elsewhere.
I am going to ask something of you that I have *never* asked of any other poster in all the years I've been involved in this forum... please don't leave!

Ian
Old Jan 17th 2009, 12:13 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Rinky,

I know how you feel. When I first started reading this forum, I had just started the fiance visa process. I was overwhelmed by all the different information on the forum, and I got lost in reading all the posts. After a while, it became more clear to me exactly what MY OWN path was (and realized others are on different paths...all immigration-related). I learned how to weed out the posts that don't apply to my situation, and only stick to reading posts that were relevent to my path, and of help to me.

I think if you stick around (please do!) you will feel more comfortable with all the different topics going on all at once here (even within one post) and you will find the forum really, really helpful to you.

As meauxna said, now that you know for sure what your own immigration path is (CR-1 Immigrant Visa), you can start a new thread with questions you have on that, and I will also help keep it on-track.

Please reconsider staying on with us.

Rene
Old Jan 18th 2009, 5:43 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

RP,

If you are referring to my post in response to englishinfl, in which I pointed out that englishinfl had used the word 'marriage' but nowhere in the post used the word 'residency', then please recognize that the post was directed to englishinfl and not to you or your posts.

The subject is confusing, which is why I was asking englishinfl, and Ian and Rete, to be complete in their explanations. Less experienced readers, such as yourself, become more confused rather than less confused when essential basic principles are left out of the discussion on the assumption that 'everyone knows'. Clearly, everyone does not know.

I second Ian's and others' requests that you stay around. And please read carefully to distinguish between posts that address you and your situation v. posts that address side issues.

Regards, JEff

Old Jan 19th 2009, 5:38 am
Banned

englishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
eif,

For the record, Ian and Rete were totally right about what you were thinking. The issue that I am addressing is that your post was incomplete and did not adequately describe what you were thinking.

Your post did not talk about the VWP route to residency, it did not mention residency at all.

Regards, JEff
Hi Jeff,

I posted a comment that was relevant on the subject, but it was an observation, nothing more and nothing less. It adequately described exactly what I was thinking at the time I wrote it. It did not mention residency because it wasn't a part of what I was saying.
Please note that any meaning inferred by other members, or their own interpretation on the text (or my own views) were their assumptions, and not my view.

My observation was merely based on comments I've seen from posters both here, and another popular website (won't mention it publicly, but feel free to PM if you want to) that implies that the WVP wedding is extremely popular. That's all.

If you wish to take the whole thing one step further on whether that route is a successful one for LPR status, then you'd have to do your own research because I couldn't comment on that.

Logically, it's not actually possible for you to know who knew what I was thinking, even if you think you might.
If there's an obvious matter of doubt, it really would be better all round if people didn't just assume, or cast aspersions on other members or their posts, without asking them to clarify things beforehand. That way a lot of needless defensive arguments could be avoided.

Best regards
eif
Old Jan 19th 2009, 5:42 am
Banned

englishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond repute

As someone else pointed out, the boards can get a bit tangental sometimes, but the lions on here are generally tame Just read what's relevant to your own case, and ignore the posts that my comment unintentionally seemed to inspire. Don't take offence, there was none intended.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 9:29 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

eif,

Precisely the reason I commented on Ian's and Rete's posts.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by englishinfl
Hi Jeff,

I posted a comment that was relevant on the subject, but it was an observation, nothing more and nothing less. It adequately described exactly what I was thinking at the time I wrote it. It did not mention residency because it wasn't a part of what I was saying.
Please note that any meaning inferred by other members, or their own interpretation on the text (or my own views) were their assumptions, and not my view.

My observation was merely based on comments I've seen from posters both here, and another popular website (won't mention it publicly, but feel free to PM if you want to) that implies that the WVP wedding is extremely popular. That's all.

If you wish to take the whole thing one step further on whether that route is a successful one for LPR status, then you'd have to do your own research because I couldn't comment on that.

Logically, it's not actually possible for you to know who knew what I was thinking, even if you think you might.
If there's an obvious matter of doubt, it really would be better all round if people didn't just assume, or cast aspersions on other members or their posts, without asking them to clarify things beforehand. That way a lot of needless defensive arguments could be avoided.

Best regards
eif
Old Jan 21st 2009, 4:01 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

OP is long gone, everyone's had their say. Thread closed.