Please Advise

Old Jan 16th 2009, 10:34 am
Dizzy Blonde

clarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please Advise

As everyone else has said, as you are back in the UK and didn't overstay you were perfectly fine getting married on the VWP, I did it, and I had no problems at all...... (Of course returning back to the UK after the wedding to apply for the visa, not adjusting status!)

Get the ball rolling for your CR1 - and make sure you listen to what the more experienced members of this forum tell you - they all know what they are talking about and have been through it personally, so even if you have one of those days where you want to scream because something isnt going right then you can pretty much guarantee that someone on here will have had the same problem.

If it wasn't for this board I would have lost my mind on more than one occasion!!

Last edited by clarissageo; Jan 16th 2009 at 10:38 am.
Old Jan 16th 2009, 10:43 am
Banned

englishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond repute

Why the heck anyone even bothers wth a K1 anymore is almost beyond me. VWP weddings now seem to be the order of the day.

Last edited by englishinfl; Jan 16th 2009 at 10:44 am. Reason: sp
Old Jan 16th 2009, 10:44 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by englishinfl
Why the heck anyone even bothers wth a K1 anymore is almost beyond me. VWP weddings now seem to be the order of the day.
Many people don't want to commit an illegal act.

Ian
Old Jan 16th 2009, 10:52 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

People who don't want to abuse the VWP or visitors visa
People who want to plan a bigger wedding
People who weren't prepared to get married during their last visit with each other
People who can't meet in person and get married soon
People who won't be ready to move over to the USA permanently until a year from now or so
People who have met in person recently but are anxious to get started on a visa now, instead of waiting until the next time they meet

Just off the top of my head
Old Jan 16th 2009, 12:05 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. In this forum, however, we don't encourage people to commit criminal acts which might cause them to be denied adjust and banned from the US.
Old Jan 17th 2009, 2:39 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

eif,

Maybe because not everyone can use the VWP.

Regards, JEff

Last edited by jeffreyhy; Jan 17th 2009 at 2:48 am.
Old Jan 17th 2009, 2:48 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Ian and Rete,

There's nothing illegal or criminal about a "VWP wedding". It's what comes after - often left unsaid - that may or may not be illegal. Perhaps if we started specifying the missing item, rather than assuming it, there'd be less confusion about the subject.

Perhaps englishinfl meant 'VWP wedding followed by application for an immigrant visa'.

Nah, you two are almost certainly right that eif meant 'VWP wedding followed by adjustment of status', but it's the 'followed by adjustment of status' part that may (or may not) be illegal.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Rete
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. In this forum, however, we don't encourage people to commit criminal acts which might cause them to be denied adjust and banned from the US.
Old Jan 17th 2009, 6:14 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
There's nothing illegal or criminal about a "VWP wedding".
Well... I know that you know that we know that!

Perhaps englishinfl meant 'VWP wedding followed by application for an immigrant visa'.
Since she specifically mentioned the K-1 (where one enters the US for marriage followed by staying to adjust status), my take on her post was "entry into the US on the VWP with the pre-conceived intent to marry and stay in the US while an adjustment of status application is processed".

Ian

Last edited by ian-mstm; Jan 17th 2009 at 6:23 am.
Old Jan 17th 2009, 7:29 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately, JEff, he did not.

I have never said that a VWP marriage is fraudulent or illegal it is the act of intent of coming marrying and remaining that is fraudulent.

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
Ian and Rete,

There's nothing illegal or criminal about a "VWP wedding". It's what comes after - often left unsaid - that may or may not be illegal. Perhaps if we started specifying the missing item, rather than assuming it, there'd be less confusion about the subject.

Nah, you two are almost certainly right that eif meant 'VWP wedding followed by adjustment of status', but it's the 'followed by adjustment of status' part that may (or may not) be illegal.

Regards, JEff

Last edited by Rete; Jan 22nd 2009 at 12:30 pm. Reason: Edited to delete descriptive characterizing of englishinfl
Old Jan 17th 2009, 7:37 am
Banned

englishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond repute

I wasn't offering an opinion on the justification of any criminal acts, visa breaking rules, or encouraging anyone to do anything, illegal or otherwise.
My post was merely voicing my thought on the subject of what seems to be happening on a pretty regular basis judging by the posters and their experiences here on the website.
Old Jan 17th 2009, 7:52 am
Banned

Unfortunately, JEff, he did not.
Actually, you're totally wrong.
Jeff was on the mark with what he said about what I'd posted, in as much as I was suggesting that the WVP route to residency seems to be prevalent, nothing more than that.
FYI, I'm not a trollish poster that mocks anyone that does things legally, thank you.
You know absolutely nothing of me or my personal circumstances, yet it seems you deem yourself fit to judge me and members of my family, none of whom are in the USA, or have applied for any kind of entry to this country at all.
I'd suggest that rather than judging my posts incorrectly and branding me with a derogatory label, you might want to read more, and assume less before you make judgemental accusations.

Last edited by Rete; Jan 22nd 2009 at 12:31 pm. Reason: Again quoted sentence was deleted
Old Jan 17th 2009, 8:24 am
Account Closed

Rinky Pinky is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm now more confused than ever!

Old Jan 17th 2009, 8:30 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rinky Pinky

Why?
~SecretGarden
Old Jan 17th 2009, 8:36 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rinky Pinky

Don't be confused. The thread got a bit off-topic. You are in the UK right now, so you will be doing an Immigrant Visa. Anything you read from here on out regarding VWP and AOS does not apply to you...that route is closed to you as a legal method of immigrating.

Rene
Old Jan 17th 2009, 9:18 am

eif,

For the record, Ian and Rete were totally right about what you were thinking. The issue that I am addressing is that your post was incomplete and did not adequately describe what you were thinking.

Your post did not talk about the VWP route to residency, it did not mention residency at all.

Regards, JEff

Actually, you're totally wrong.
Jeff was on the mark with what he said about what I'd posted, in as much as I was suggesting that the WVP route to residency seems to be prevalent, nothing more than that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.