Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Photos required for Vancouver interview - ADIT?

Photos required for Vancouver interview - ADIT?

Old Sep 28th 2001, 4:39 pm
Girlcanada

If just noticed on the vancouver consulate checklist that it states the photos must
be 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 in size, and showing a full, front-face view. The specs are slightly
different than the ADIT photo spec's. Can I use my ADIT photos or are new photos
required? Thanks in advance. GC

--
Vermont Service Center Aug 24/01 I-129F Petition Couriered Aug 27/01 I-129F Petition
Received Aug 30/01 Notice of Action Dated Sep 12/01 Notice of Approval Dated **19
days from submission to approval** Sep 17/01 Requested Provisional file Vancouver Sep
19/01 Notice of Approval received (2 copies) Sep 19/01 Packet #3 received from Vanc
US Embassy Sep 24/01 Duplicate Notice of Approval received (now we have 3) Sep 26/01
Medical appointment Oct 04/01 US Consulate interview (Vancouver) Jim (USC) & Michelle
(Alberta, Canada)

Old Sep 29th 2001, 3:54 am
Red

I noticed you spoke about the Vancouver consolate... My American husband and I (Canadian) will be dealing with them soon. We are very interested in contacting them to set up a provisionary file for us to help expediate the process as we are expecting. Could you tell us how you were able to contact them and get them to do this for you? ... Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Carl n Terri

Old Oct 1st 2001, 1:13 pm
North_to_alaska

Hi Michelle, I suggest you go with new photos. They use it to put in your visa in
your passport. They do not want your ADIT photos. On all things, do take them
absolutely litterally. If they say it, they mean it and they mean it exactly. It will
save you tons of time and lots of frustration. You will find the people at the
Vancouver consulate to be very helpful. I had my medical and interview on the same
day. The medical was delayed which made me late for my interview, but they
accomidated me anyway. When I got there they had just phoned downstairs to see if I
had arrived yet. I took all my doccumentation in a huge binder all colated and
organized. I plunked the binder on the counter. The guy at the counter asked me all
the official questions, and didn't even ask to look at all the stuff that I had spent
months and hundreds of dollars gathering all the information. I asked him if he was
sure he didn't want to see any of it. He said "nope" and went and got my visa... and
that was it. Enjoy your trip to Vancouver! Joy

Joy (Canada) Dennis (Alaska) Cold, moose everywhere, chasing the dog on the
porch! ~sheesh~!

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Oct 1st 2001, 1:58 pm
Girlcanada

Thanks so much for responding. I was going to take 2 different sets (1 ADIT and 1
checklist specs) just in case.

--
Vermont Service Center Aug 24/01 I-129F Petition Couriered Aug 27/01 I-129F Petition
Received Aug 30/01 Notice of Action Dated Sep 12/01 Notice of Approval Dated **19
days from submission to approval** Sep 17/01 Requested Provisional file Vancouver Sep
19/01 Notice of Approval received (2 copies) Sep 19/01 Packet #3 received from Vanc
US Embassy Sep 24/01 Duplicate Notice of Approval received (now we have 3) Sep 26/01
Medical appointment Oct 04/01 US Consulate interview (Vancouver) Jim (USC) & Michelle
(Alberta, Canada)

Hi Michelle, I suggest you go with new photos. They use it to put in your visa in
your passport. They do not want your ADIT photos. On all things, do take them
absolutely litterally. If they say it, they mean it and they mean it exactly. It will
save you tons of time and lots of frustration. You will find the people at the
Vancouver consulate to be very helpful. I had my medical and interview on the same
day. The medical was delayed which made me late for my interview, but they
accomidated me anyway. When I got there they had just phoned downstairs to see if I
had arrived yet. I took all my doccumentation in a huge binder all colated and
organized. I plunked the binder on the counter. The guy at the counter asked me all
the official questions, and didn't even ask to look at all the stuff that I had spent
months and hundreds of dollars gathering all the information. I asked him if he was
sure he didn't want to see any of it. He said "nope" and went and got my visa... and
that was it. Enjoy your trip to Vancouver! Joy

Joy (Canada) Dennis (Alaska) Cold, moose everywhere, chasing the dog on the
porch! ~sheesh~!

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Oct 1st 2001, 5:58 pm
Michael Voight

GirlCanada wrote:
    >
    >
    >

You could do that, but it isn't needed. They want passport photos, not ADIT one. This
has been noted on this list many times.

Old Oct 2nd 2001, 11:29 pm
Girlcanada

Thanks so much. I had color passport photos taken that were cropped down to the 1 1/2
x 1 1/2 size requirement.

--
(Alberta, Canada) "north_to_alaska" <[email protected]>
[usenetquote2]> > Would that be US passport photos or Canadian? I'm assuming it's US passports, but[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > the US specs don't even match what they are asking for?[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >