Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Photographs for Interview and Medical??

Photographs for Interview and Medical??

Old May 14th 2005, 11:07 am
Andy

a_J_Martin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Photographs for Interview and Medical??

Ok can anyone confirm whether they accept uk passport photos from a machine? Or whether i have to have special ones taken.

Preferably from people who've done it or asked the embassy.

Cheers

Andy
Old May 14th 2005, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

broma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nice
Default Re: Photographs for Interview and Medical??

Originally Posted by a_J_Martin
Ok can anyone confirm whether they accept uk passport photos from a machine? Or whether i have to have special ones taken.

Cheers

Andy
I had my interview in February 2005 and took photos which I got took in a booth in my local Asda, they were accepted with no problems.
Old May 14th 2005, 2:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by broma25
I had my interview in February 2005 and took photos which I got took in a booth in my local Asda, they were accepted with no problems.
ive heard of people doing the same,after i got mine to US spec,tossers,cost me £13.00
Old May 14th 2005, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

gooner81 has a brilliant futuregooner81 has a brilliant futuregooner81 has a brilliant futuregooner81 has a brilliant futuregooner81 has a brilliant futuregooner81 has a brilliant futuregooner81 has a brilliant future

Cheers

Andy
Although not having gone THIS process yet when i got a J1 Visa a couple years back i had to submit a photo and i used standard photobooth ones and they were accepted with no problem, and as has been confirmed here they should be fine, it would be a right pain if they didn't.

Luckily no stupid 3/4 face on pose now either.
Old May 18th 2005, 12:41 pm
Andy

a_J_Martin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gooner81
Although not having gone THIS process yet when i got a J1 Visa a couple years back i had to submit a photo and i used standard photobooth ones and they were accepted with no problem, and as has been confirmed here they should be fine, it would be a right pain if they didn't.

Luckily no stupid 3/4 face on pose now either.
I caved in and found a place in Manchester to get them done. £10 though, not sure it was worth that much. If anyone is interested it was halfway down John Dalton Street I don't remember the name.

Andy
Old May 18th 2005, 12:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

ukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of light

I caved in and found a place in Manchester to get them done. £10 though, not sure it was worth that much. If anyone is interested it was halfway down John Dalton Street I don't remember the name.

Andy
I used standard machine type photos for both my medical and visa interview in London.

Both were accepted without so much as a second glance.

Matt
Old May 19th 2005, 12:04 am
Forum Regular

ten66 will become famous soon enoughten66 will become famous soon enough

I am one of the mugs who paid 13 sovs for a set of photos of me and my wife (8 pics in total so not too bad value). They have been printed exactly as specified in all the literature...2" square...3/8" from eye to chin and all that malarkey.

We went to a long established professional photographers here in town and the photographer said that some customers had been returning the photos he had taken complaining that they had been rejected by the authorities because the dimensions weren't exactly spot on.

I'm not trying to cause trouble here, and the photographer's story may or may not be true, but the photographic requirements are quite clearly stated, and it's up to us to provide them with what they want, in my opinion. I certainly don't want to worry about photographs on the day of my interview. There's enough to think about as it is!

Cheers,

Simon.