Wikiposts

Photographs

Old Apr 15th 2004, 6:34 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Photographs

Originally posted by SecretGarden
LOL, Ray.......he got to you too!

~SG
Mr fine point always gets me (lol)
Yes Jeff ..you are right (as always) that was for DCF cases ...Iwas just looking to see where I originally got
the info to send in 325s for both parties as I did a few
years back for my AOS...I must have got the info from
somewhere at the time just cannot remember where..
Old Apr 15th 2004, 6:38 am
David9287

Hi David,
Question---why did you submit a G325A form for yourself? The applications for AOS and EAD were Olena's. I don't remember anything on the instruction form saying that information was required regarding the USC spouse, Did I miss something?

~SecretGarden
Hi SG,
I can't tell you "why" we/I did it but we did. I guess "we" will find out in the end if it "affected" "her" K-1 AOS pkt... who knows! I think I also sent in a copy of my birth cert and a copy of my dissolution of prior marriage in addition to "our" marriage cert....lol. Ahhh the carnaige of Over Kill.... maybe... :-)

Old Apr 15th 2004, 6:41 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by David9287
Hi SG,
I can't tell you "why" we/I did it but we did. I guess "we" will find out in the end if it "affected" "her" K-1 AOS pkt... who knows! I think I also sent in a copy of my birth cert and a copy of my dissolution of prior marriage in addition to "our" marriage cert....lol. Ahhh the carnaige of Over Kill.... maybe... :-)
Sorry, just being paranoid.....but then again, what's new?

~SG
(got "our" NOAs for the I-485, I-131 and I-765 in the mail yesterday and scheduled the fingerprinting appt. so now "we" wait again!)
Old Apr 15th 2004, 6:46 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

OK I found it ..from the Tampa office

Adjustment of Status applications and supporting documents should be filed in the following order when filing at the Tampa USCIS:

I-131, Application for Advance Parole and Supplement to Form I-131 and 2 Immigration photographs (this form is optional);
I-765, Application for Employment Authorization;
I-485, Application to Register Permanent Resident or Adjust Status;
I-485A, Supplement A to Form I-485 (If Form I-485A is required and/or if you need to file Form I-485A, a penalty fee of $1,000 is required in addition to the standard I-485 processing fee);
G-325, Biographic Information form for the applicant (attach 2 immigration photographs for the applicant to the bottom-left corner of this form);
Birth certificate for the applicant (copy with complete English translation is required);
Proof of legal entry (copy of I-94 or entry stamp on passport);
I-864, Affidavit of Support, completed and signed before a notary public;
Copies of complete Federal income tax return for the most recent three tax years (Form 1040, 1040A or 1040 EZ; W-2's are not acceptable);
Evidence of current employment or self-employment, a statement from employer showing beginning date of employment, type of work performed, and salary, or recent pay statement;
I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, or;
Submit a copy of the I-130 Approval Notice Form I-797;
G-325, Biographic Information form for U.S. citizen spouse (attach 1 immigration photograph to the bottom-left corner of this form);
United States citizens or nationals submit a copy of civil birth certificate (NO hospital registration form), a copy of a valid U.S. passport, or naturalization certificate (photocopy is acceptable);
Submit a certified copy of marriage license - official court-issued document;
Divorce decrees, death certificate of previous marriages for both applicant and spouse;
$50 service fee for fingerprinting is required at the time of filing;
Original signatures are required on all government forms. No photocopies signatures.
Old Apr 15th 2004, 6:55 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi SG,

Really? Thank you!

I went to Thailand for my wife's visa interview. Unfortunately, she got a 221(g) refusal (I think that's the right section) for an incomplete application. The deficiencies were:
- No original divorce certificate provided for her. In Thailand the divorce certificate is surrendered to the registrar when getting remarried. We had kept a photocopy, but that wasn't good enough. We had a certified copy of the divorce settlement, which contains all of the same information as the certificate and more, but that was also not acceptable. The consular officer requested a certified copy of the certificate.
- Incomplete medical exam form for her 2 year old son. The doctor had failed to mark either box for the question about pregnancy. (The doctor thought this was absurd.)

She spent a very hectic 2 days running around to complete the documentation and we turned it in only to find out that the case officer had gone on vacation for 2 weeks, as has much of the consular staff because this is a period of 2 major holidays in Thailand.

So, I'm home alone again (and grumpy). Hopefully the situation will be resolved quickly when the consulate gets back to full operation next week.

Regards, JEff

P.S. Where have you been JEff? We've missed you around here!
Old Apr 15th 2004, 7:07 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

ray,

Good work.

Just keep in mind that procedures and policies at CIS office X (or consulate Y) may not be universally applicable, and may be required only at that office (or consulate). Other offices may have differing requirements.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by ray6
OK I found it ..from the Tampa office
Old Apr 15th 2004, 8:36 am
David9287

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
ray,

Good work.

Just keep in mind that procedures and policies at CIS office X (or consulate Y) may not be universally applicable, and may be required only at that office (or consulate). Other offices may have differing requirements.

Regards, JEff
Jeff,
that's a great point.

I am "almost" sure that under the filing instrc for Denver Dist Off it said we should submit a G325A for Olena and one for myself w/ 1 ADIT pic of her for hers and 1ADIT pic of me for mine. I'll check the instrcts when I get home tonight form the office.

Old Apr 15th 2004, 8:50 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by David9287
Jeff,
that's a great point.

I am "almost" sure that under the filing instrc for Denver Dist Off it said we should submit a G325A for Olena and one for myself w/ 1 ADIT pic of her for hers and 1ADIT pic of me for mine. I'll check the instrcts when I get home tonight form the office.
Hiya!
Ok, I'm home now, getting just as much work done as when I was at work!

Checked the instructions for the I-485 and only the applicant (alien) has to submit a G325A. Checked the instructions received from Chicago, and ditto. Guess "we" can sleep easier tonight!

Let us know how you get on, David!

To the OP: JEff's point is a fine one---go by the directions on the form itself and any specific instructions received from your local office.

~SG
P.S. to JEff: sorry to hear of your difficulties at the interview! Mr. P. and I had noticed your absence lately and wondered how things were going. Try not to be grumpy, it will all work out in due time. Have they rescheduled her yet?
Old Apr 15th 2004, 9:09 am
Ray

Hiya!
Ok, I'm home now, getting just as much work done as when I was at work!
Checked the instructions for the I-485 and only the applicant (alien) has to submit a G325A. Checked the instructions received from Chicago, and ditto. Guess "we" can sleep easier tonight!
I just checked a few other areas and its only Tampa I can find that even gives a nice list to work from ...so you should be ok.. but of course stupid me.. would think that a federally designed system would be the same all over the country..Don't worry about Jeff ..I will distract him with a few fine point he can pick me up on..
Old Apr 15th 2004, 9:25 am
The Missus

I just checked a few other areas and its only Tampa I can find that even gives a nice list to work from ...so you should be ok.. but of course stupid me.. would think that a federally designed system would be the same all over the country..Don't worry about Jeff ..I will distract him with a few fine point he can pick me up on..
Oh, do you mean "JEff"?

~SG
Old Apr 15th 2004, 9:34 am
Ray

Oh, do you mean "JEff"?

~SG
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr another pedantic
Old Apr 15th 2004, 9:49 am

SG,

My impression is that there is nothing to reschedule. There was an interview, deficiencies in the application were identified, and the deficiencies have been addressed. Now it's just a matter of the case officer checking the newly submitted materials to satisfy herself that the deficiencies have been remedied. If the new materials are satisfactory, when they next call her it should be to say, "Come in and pick up your visa."

I hope.

While I was still there we visited a US immigration attorney friend of mine for advice and we signed G-28 forms authorizing him to make inquiries for us to make sure that the case isn't forgotten. He gave us some advice on correcting the deficiencies and seems to think that we've given them what they asked for.

Regards, JEff

Hiya!

~SG
P.S. to JEff: sorry to hear of your difficulties at the interview! ... Try not to be grumpy, it will all work out in due time. Have they rescheduled her yet?
Old Apr 15th 2004, 9:50 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr another pedantic
Wouldn't that more accurately be "another pedant"?
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=pedant

Welcome back, JEff. You were definitely missed .
Old Apr 15th 2004, 10:01 am
Ray

Originally posted by meauxna
Wouldn't that more accurately be "another pedant"?
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=pedant

Welcome back, JEff. You were definitely missed .
I prefer the adjective but either will do unless JEff says so...
Old Apr 15th 2004, 10:12 am

ray,

I dislike adjectives myself. They're too often used when there's no need for them (except perhaps for the writer's subconcious desire to add unnecessary emphasis or stir-up trouble?).

But I especially dislike using adjectives as nouns ... :-)

Regards, JEff

I prefer the adjective but either will do unless JEff says so...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.