Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Philly DO-Got EAD Apt letter yesterday

Philly DO-Got EAD Apt letter yesterday

Old Mar 19th 2004, 3:28 am
BE Enthusiast

MarDae will become famous soon enough
Default Philly DO-Got EAD Apt letter yesterday

My husband received his EAD appointment letter yesterday for April 2, 2004. He filed February 10, 2004. The latest Philly processing report had them working on a receipt date of January 26, 2004 as of February 16, 2004. His letter was post marked February 15, 2004. Go figure. Looks like they are picking up the pace a little bit. He'll be picking it up on the last work day of the 7th week since he applied. The latest other Philly posters were picking them up at the end of week 10!! Just wanted to give anyone who filed through Philly a little hope

MarDae
Old Mar 19th 2004, 4:44 am
foxy little minx

bequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Philly DO-Got EAD Apt letter yesterday

That's great news! He can start working now!
Old Mar 19th 2004, 4:48 am
Welsh Wife

JohnCindy is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by MarDae
My husband received his EAD appointment letter yesterday for April 2, 2004. He filed February 10, 2004. The latest Philly processing report had them working on a receipt date of January 26, 2004 as of February 16, 2004. His letter was post marked February 15, 2004. Go figure. Looks like they are picking up the pace a little bit. He'll be picking it up on the last work day of the 7th week since he applied. The latest other Philly posters were picking them up at the end of week 10!! Just wanted to give anyone who filed through Philly a little hope

MarDae

Great News Mardae!! I know the wonderful feeling of two incomes!!
Best of everything
Cindy
Old Mar 19th 2004, 4:49 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

MarDae

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Old Mar 19th 2004, 4:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by bequibar
That's great news! He can start working now!
Not quite yet, we have to wait until his April 2 appt. I don't think it's really sunk it yet. He called his future employer and they were ecstatic. He'll be able to start working right when they'll really need him!!! Now for that darned license If we have time we're going to try to get to the DMV that day for him to take the permit test. I hope he doesn't fail since he's assured me that he's studied for it already. I won't know what to do with myself if he has both his EAD and his license...we'll actually be able to finally after him being here for over three months, start a normal life together!!!

MarDae
Old Mar 19th 2004, 5:11 am

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Not quite yet, we have to wait until his April 2 appt. I don't think it's really sunk it yet. He called his future employer and they were ecstatic. He'll be able to start working right when they'll really need him!!! Now for that darned license If we have time we're going to try to get to the DMV that day for him to take the permit test. I hope he doesn't fail since he's assured me that he's studied for it already. I won't know what to do with myself if he has both his EAD and his license...we'll actually be able to finally after him being here for over three months, start a normal life together!!!

MarDae

He won't fail, the writting and driving test in the US are a piece of cake
Old Mar 19th 2004, 7:16 am
BE Enthusiast

cutenurse300 is an unknown quantity at this point

MarDae
Hi mardae,

I m a little bit confused about the AOS after the K1 visa.Besides the 5 documents required do i also have to file for the I693 (medical)???
Old Mar 19th 2004, 7:35 am

Originally posted by cutenurse300
Hi mardae,

I m a little bit confused about the AOS after the K1 visa.Besides the 5 documents required do i also have to file for the I693 (medical)???

You do need a new medical exam if a year hasn't elapsed since you got your medical done
You will only need the vaccination suplement
Old Mar 19th 2004, 7:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by cutenurse300
Hi mardae,

I'm not sure about in Boston. For the Philly office they didn't require it for the K-1 because they know that you've gotten a physical for the K-1 already. We did provide my husband's vaccination supplement but it turned out that we really didn't need that at the time.

At the Philly office we filed:
I-485
I-765 (for EAD)
I-864 (filled out by me, USC, and notarized)
G-325A (for alien only)
I-131 (for AP)
We also included all of the supporting documents and ADIT photos required with these forms.

Hope that helps.

MarDae

PS I think there are a number of people who have recently filed for AOS in Boston on this forum. You could probably check some of their recent threads or start one specific for Boston. I don't remember them mentioning needing the I-693 but I'm not 100% about that.
Old Mar 19th 2004, 7:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
You do need a new medical exam if a year hasn't elapsed since you got your medical done
You will only need the vaccination suplement

I think you mean *don't* Hyper

MarDae
Old Mar 19th 2004, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

ccalgreen is an unknown quantity at this point

MarDae
Good news! Now you can tell that lazy Irish bum to get off his arse and do some work!
Old Mar 19th 2004, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

ccalgreen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ccalgreen
Good news! Now you can tell that lazy Irish bum to get off his arse and do some work!
P.S. How was your first Paddy's day married to a Mick?
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 1:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by ccalgreen
P.S. How was your first Paddy's day married to a Mick?

Thrilling, he had his little leprechan talk to me...just kidding. He didn't even bother to wear green. I guess he figured he was Irish enough. He did get a kick out of all the horrible Irish accents on the TV and radio adds for the holiday. You would think that they could have found a real Irish person to do the accents instead of someone who thinks that the Lucky, for Lucky Charms is the spokesperson for all of Ireland. Oh well.

Thanks for asking. Maybe he'll be more in to it next year when the novelty of being Irish at his new employer will kick in. Who knows...

MarDae