Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

K3 - Let me get this staight...

K3 - Let me get this staight...

Old Mar 21st 2004, 10:10 pm
Marcus

Default K3 - Let me get this staight...

I think i have found all the information i need. Please could you
check it over nad confirm this is what i need to do?

I am a British Citizen, living in London, married (1yr) to and
American citizen. We are wanting to emmigrate to the US.

So we need to submit:

Submit: I-130 ($130)
Recieve: I-797
Submit: I-129f
Interview etc ($325)
at this time i can apply for authorization to work I-765 ($100)

Is this correct and is all i need to do to live and work in the US?
Please correct or confirm this.

Thank you!!!

Old Mar 21st 2004, 10:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K3 - Let me get this staight...

Sounds like you are a resident of England and thus eligble for DCF.

Originally posted by Marcus
I think i have found all the information i need. Please could you
check it over nad confirm this is what i need to do?

So we need to submit:

Submit: I-130 ($130)
Recieve: I-797
Submit: I-129f
Interview etc ($325)
at this time i can apply for authorization to work I-765 ($100)

Is this correct and is all i need to do to live and work in the US?
Please correct or confirm this.

Thank you!!!
Old Mar 21st 2004, 11:20 pm
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

Check out the US Embassy, London website re. filing the I-130 for more information on DCF.
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 3:39 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by FlyergirlUK
Check out the US Embassy, London website re. filing the I-130 for more information on DCF.
http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_web...faq_spouse.htm
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 3:45 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

lp,

Yes, it sounds like he is resident in the UK. But where is his wife resident? She needs to be resident in the UK to submit her I-130 petition by DCF.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by lpdiver
Sounds like you are a resident of England and thus eligble for DCF.
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 10:01 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
lp,

Yes, it sounds like he is resident in the UK. But where is his wife resident? She needs to be resident in the UK to submit her I-130 petition by DCF.

Regards, JEff

Think that means she is there in the UK also, unless of course he is using the royal we, .
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 12:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by cindyabs

Think that means she is there in the UK also,
Not necessarily... she is a USC so she doesn't need to emigrate even if she was in the UK (she'd just be returning woudln't she?)... so he must be using the royal 'we'.

To the OP - I think a little more info is needed, and then I'm sure someone is able to answer your question.

Elaine
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 3:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute

I wasn't clear, I meant You as in You as a couple.

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
lp,

Regards, JEff