Reload this Page >

Petition approved - What Next?

Petition approved - What Next?

Old Apr 2nd 2009, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

Katyonice is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Petition approved - What Next?

Hi everyone
We got the official letter yesterday that said my I130 petition in London for my husbands visa was approved. But the letter didn't come with any other info or forms. Does anyone know if I am waiting on the "packet of forms" or if I am expected to download these myself. He has a classification of 201 (b) CR-1 and the petition has been forwarded to the US Consulate in London, So what happens now!! We want to have as much paperwork done as soon as possible so we can turn the Visa request around fast.
Thanks to everyone for helping get us this far!
Kate and Bob
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 4:14 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Petetion approved - What Next?

Originally Posted by Katyonice
Hi everyone
We got the official letter yesterday that said my I130 petition in London for my husbands visa was approved. But the letter didn't come with any other info or forms. Does anyone know if I am waiting on the "packet of forms" or if I am expected to download these myself. He has a classification of 201 (b) CR-1 and the petition has been forwarded to the US Consulate in London, So what happens now!! We want to have as much paperwork done as soon as possible so we can turn the Visa request around fast.
Thanks to everyone for helping get us this far!
Kate and Bob
What Happens to an Approved Petition?
- Petition Filed in London

Look for the links on the right when you're done with that page.
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Petition approved - What Next?

Thanks for the info.
Sorry the title was supposed to be "petition" not petetion .... Wish spell check could check subject lines too

Should we expect to receive a Packet of forms and how long will it take for those to arrive? I have found some on the web but worry I don't have them all or get them right.

I have downloaded the
DS 230
I-864
DS-2001 and Checklist

Is there anything else I need to get right now?

Lastly what is considered when they look at ability to support
I (the USC) have a home with a safe mortgage and 50% equity in the states, a small (under $400 a month) pension and a 401K liquid fund of about 30k. I am taxed and penalized if I use the 401k fund but it is in a money fund and I can draw on it if I want. Will that be enough? I still don't have a US job yet and obviously my husband doesn't either and we have very little saving left since we have been supporting 2 houses for a yr now. Does it sound like we will need another financial resource?

Nervously waiting!!
Kate and Bob
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 5:39 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Kate,

If it's just the two of you, and you're using assets (your house and your 401K), you will need to show a value of $52,500. London is being very picky at the moment about the I-864. They have sometimes not allowed your primary residence (your house in the USA) to be used as an asset.

My advice is to have a joint sponsor lined up, bring their I-864 and supporting documents to the interview, in case the officer does not approve your I-864, you can hand over the joint sponsor's information.

Rene
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 5:43 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Is there anything else I need to get right now?b
Yes; please click through the link there!

I'll fix your header; I do that typo all the time.
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by meauxna
Yes; please click through the link there!
Click through the links Where?

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new...ivprocess.html

Somewhere else?
I did look at alot of the links on the right hand side, followed them to other US Embassy London sites and read stuff on the medical and interviews but still I'm wondering if they are sending me a list of forms I need or a packet of forms and how to put the package together ... Am I just a simpleton or am I missing something?

Kate
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 9:49 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Somewhere else?
I did look at alot of the links on the right hand side, followed them to other US Embassy London sites and read stuff on the medical and interviews but still I'm wondering if they are sending me a list of forms I need or a packet of forms and how to put the package together ... Am I just a simpleton or am I missing something?

Kate
I believe they will send you a sheet with a list of the forms you will need to download and send back. Probably will also have instructions on how to get the medical done, if you don't have that already.

Have you gotten the required police report(s)?

Rene
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 10:01 pm

Somewhere else?

Kate

Document Checklist

On the day of the formal visa interview, immigrant and K visa applicants, regardless of age, whose case is being processed directly by this Embassy will be required to present the following documents where applicable. All documents, except passports and photographs, must be submitted in single copy, with the original document or certified copy bearing the appropriate seal or stamp of the issuing authority. If only the original of the birth, marriage and/or other certificates is available, the applicant may submit one photocopy thereof but must bring the original(s) with him/her to the interview for inspection by the consular officer.

The Immigrant Visa Unit will send you a notice when they get your petition file from USCIS telling you to gather up these documents and to return the checklist they'll include, plus (IIRC) DS-230 I. This will begin your visa processing and let them set an interview date for you.

You need to get your police certificate ordered now, and your USC should begin completing I-864.

edit: you should also search and read the posts here on "DCF" in London; others have laid out the order of appearance of the mailings.
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 11:52 pm
Forum Regular

Thank yo sooo much
Now I understand!
I found the site for how to get the police check done and I already have started on the I-864.
I just hope we have enough to keep them happy. 52K is ALOT of cash and if they dont count the 80K equity in the house based on my home taxes them we are in trouble. I really don;t have anyone who could act as sponsor. I hope to go home and get a job before we send off the document but so far I don;t have one. Lots of interest but no guarantees and no paycheck. My last 3 yrs taxes filed in the states however were 30k to 50 k. This years won't be so great as I haven't worked all yr but as my 401k withdrawals count as income I will file for 30k this yr as well.
Hope the finances don't shoot us in the foot.
Thanks again everyone
Kate and Bob
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 12:46 am

The I-864 doesn't go in until the interview, so you've got that amount of time anyway.

You can document your 401K or other assets if you do so with an eye toward liquidation within 12 months. That would mean deducting whatever penalty an early 401K cash out would incur.
I used other investment accounts including IRAs to make up for my lack of US income. Of course, the housing market was a lot better at that time.
Your additional tax returns will be good evidence (instead of just the one, last year's).
Old Apr 5th 2009, 12:46 pm
Just Joined

Curlz is an unknown quantity at this point

Our I-130 petition was just accepted too! Our situation is the same as Katyonice's. My hubbie is from the and I am an a USC and we both live in the UK. I just read on here that we need to get a police certificate. I was wondering do I just need to get 1 certificate for my hubbie? Or do we both need one?

Thanks,
Curlz
Old Apr 5th 2009, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by Curlz
Our I-130 petition was just accepted too! Our situation is the same as Katyonice's. My hubbie is from the and I am an a USC and we both live in the UK. I just read on here that we need to get a police certificate. I was wondering do I just need to get 1 certificate for my hubbie? Or do we both need one?

Thanks,
Curlz
Only the UKC needs one. Not the USC.

Rene
Old Apr 5th 2009, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Again
My husband had to have a UK CRB done for his contract job last year. Is that the same as a police report or do we need some other document.
Thanks
Kate
Old Apr 5th 2009, 4:53 pm

Hi Again
My husband had to have a UK CRB done for his contract job last year. Is that the same as a police report or do we need some other document.
Thanks
Kate
I know it shouldn't make me grumpy, but honestly, it's in that link I last posted. You don't even have to scroll to see it.

(It makes me grumpy because I think it's dangerous to just rely on what people online tell you. It's your family's immigration, and it's serious enough to investigate yourselves IMO.)
Old Apr 5th 2009, 4:55 pm

Hi Again
Thanks
Kate
See here: http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Police_Certificates

Rene

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.