Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

People with Pending I-130

People with Pending I-130

Old Jul 16th 2004, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

sarina is an unknown quantity at this point
Default People with Pending I-130

did any one read this? This sounds so good with people with pending or getting ready to file an I-130. Per this letter, Washington DC is saying that I-130 will approved within 6 months for people who have visa number available.

http://www.immigration.com/newsletter1/pend130.pdf
Old Jul 16th 2004, 4:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

utopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: People with Pending I-130

Do you really believe this?

Originally posted by sarina
did any one read this? This sounds so good with people with pending or getting ready to file an I-130. Per this letter, Washington DC is saying that I-130 will approved within 6 months for people who have visa number available.

http://www.immigration.com/newsletter1/pend130.pdf
Old Jul 16th 2004, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by utopiacowboy
Do you really believe this?
yes, i would love to belive this. It gives me hope. I do see that I130 are begining to move fast so lets see..
Old Jul 16th 2004, 6:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

LucyMO has a spectacular aura aboutLucyMO has a spectacular aura aboutLucyMO has a spectacular aura about

Oh, please.... i don't believe it. And what good does it do for me, if AOS takes 3 years in Atlanta office? so, my I-130 is approved within 6 months, and at the same time i-485 is approved within 3 years... I don't see any benefits, do you?
Old Jul 16th 2004, 6:28 pm
Louis-Philippe Salin de l'Etoile

> Do you really believe this?

I saw the link on the uscis' own website!

Lp

Old Jul 16th 2004, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by LucyMO
Oh, please.... i don't believe it. And what good does it do for me, if AOS takes 3 years in Atlanta office? so, my I-130 is approved within 6 months, and at the same time i-485 is approved within 3 years... I don't see any benefits, do you?
well i do see a benifit for the perminant residents and for the people going through he k3 route. U did say that AOS takes a long time, so don't you tink it would be better if in 6months ur 1-130 is apprved so you don't have have to do the K3, just do the I-130 and no AOS right.. but then again, I havn't really followed any posts on how it takes go the I-130 route through a consulate. Does n e one have any idea, if you get ur I-130 approved and K3 approved, say the same day, which one is faster? and Why?
Old Jul 16th 2004, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

NOLA_Dave is on a distinguished road

Does this make any difference for USCs helping their spouse with AOS? I guess my case is a bit odd, but since my wife was already over here, I filed the I-130 at the same time as the I-485 in our local office. Does it matter if the I-130 is approved faster? In fact, why did I even need to file the I-130 in the first place, since all that info is also on the I-485?

Also, if I recall, there are no visa quotas for spouses of USCs, so how many of us here does it really affect?
Old Jul 16th 2004, 7:44 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

yes, i would love to belive this. It gives me hope. I do see that I130 are begining to move fast so lets see..
Okay my two cents worth on this one. I've been an observer and then participant in the 130/K3 (now pending Immigrant Visa with an approved 130) process for well over two years.
The whole reason the K3 visas were implemented was because of the backlog the Service Centers had, and this was the quickest way for spouses to be together. Now NBC is backlogged so maybe they are looking at doing away with the K3 and instead institute speedier processing again by the Service Centers? However, if it depends on a visa number being available what about the inequality (read backlog) of at at least one of the Service Centers now? You have VSC which was and still is the reigning champ of speedy 130 processing. The others have just kind of traded back and forth for the honor of being the slowest. So, theoretically if allowed to continue at the same rate (no daily quota etc) then VSC will STILL be the quickest most likely. IF it all comes down to numbers being available then VSC folks would be the winner in that race.
I ain't counting my chickens before they hatch............
Old Jul 16th 2004, 9:17 pm
L D Jones

sarina wrote:

> did any one read this? This sounds so good with people with pending or
    > getting ready to file an I-130. Per this letter, Washington DC is
    > saying that I-130 will approved within 6 months for people who have visa
    > number available.
    >
    >
    > http://www.immigration.com/newsletter1/pend130.pdf
    >

Doesn't waiting for the visa number take most of the time? For example,
spouses of US citizens don't wait for a number but the Philippine
brother of a US citizen will wait for many years

Old Jul 16th 2004, 11:40 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah.. for TSC.. But for those at NSC (like me).. there is no movement
Oh well!