Patient summary

Old May 27th 2017, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

aless02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Patient summary

For those of you who have successfully received your patient summary records from the GP, can you tell me what you specifically asked for? DH went a couple days ago and she refused to print off because of "data protection". He has online access, but the "summary record" that is on there is only his medications, nothing about health conditions.

He's got another appt next week with a different GP, so hopefully they are more amenable. As he's got quite a few things both physical (minor stuff like asthma, past appendectomy, etc) and mental, it would be better if they could just do the summary record for the physical stuff and then focus on mental health for the actual letter.
Old May 27th 2017, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

AndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Patient summary

Originally Posted by aless02
For those of you who have successfully received your patient summary records from the GP, can you tell me what you specifically asked for? DH went a couple days ago and she refused to print off because of "data protection". He has online access, but the "summary record" that is on there is only his medications, nothing about health conditions.

He's got another appt next week with a different GP, so hopefully they are more amenable. As he's got quite a few things both physical (minor stuff like asthma, past appendectomy, etc) and mental, it would be better if they could just do the summary record for the physical stuff and then focus on mental health for the actual letter.
I just had a quick look at the London Embassy website as the next stage for my wife is the medical in London. Under the’ Required Documents’ tab it does not seem to mention medical records/patient summary. Is this no longer required? You are required to bring proof of immunizations however and other items.

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/famil...l-examination/

From receiving your LND# what is the time frame you are allowed for booking your medical and how far ahead can you book it?

Thanks
Old May 27th 2017, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

aless02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AndyMan74
I just had a quick look at the London Embassy website as the next stage for my wife is the medical in London. Under the’ Required Documents’ tab it does not seem to mention medical records/patient summary. Is this no longer required? You are required to bring proof of immunizations however and other items.

From receiving your LND# what is the time frame you are allowed for booking your medical and how far ahead can you book it?

Thanks
We need one as my husband does have some medical conditions/history, so Knightsbridge need a summary of these. I have read others saying that everyone is now being asked for a summary, whether they have health issues or not. Even minor things like asthma or being in hospital 10 years ago need to be disclosed.

To answer your question, anyone can book the medical as soon as they have an LND number, but it is only good for 6 months, so those not traveling right away need to be mindful it doesn't lapse before US entry.
Old May 27th 2017, 4:21 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AndyMan74

Thanks
As per Elizabethsmum posted on May 5, 2017, this is the new requirement which she received via email re: the need for the patient summary.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/marri...edical-896358/
Old Jun 17th 2017, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

elizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond repute

Yes it's a new requirement that everyone needs to take along.

I just asked if they can print my patient summary and they did, mine was 2 pages long it had just that a summary of anything medical related so surgeries that I have had, it had my back injures listed from a car accident. It listed medication I take for my back.

They printed it with no issues?
Old Jun 17th 2017, 5:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elizabethsmum
They printed it with no issues?
Which is what I would have expected - there should be no "data protection" issues that prevent printing a copy of this information for the person that the information relates to.

Hopefully, the OP's husband just got unlucky with someone in the doctor's office who didn't know what they were doing and this can all be resolved on the next visit.