Wikiposts

Passport return with Visa - Options

Old Dec 14th 2018, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

kph100 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Passport return with Visa - Options

Ok, so assuming they agree my Visa - IR1

Im not sure if to go with collection from DX depot or pay for delivery to home

Struggling to find opening times for there depots , anyone help with that ?
If you collect what ID do they need to be taken ?

If select delivery to home address I assume they will only hand to named recipient .. if so and Im at work, will they accept redelivery on a different day or can you
amend delivery date in advance like other couriers do ?

Hope someone with experience can give there advice.

Thank you
Old Dec 14th 2018, 11:09 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passport return with Visa - Options

They will hand it to someone else at home.

Rene
Old Dec 14th 2018, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

CaptainAmerica is an unknown quantity at this point

My local depot in Northampton is open 8-6pm Monday to Friday, 9-12pm Saturdays and I presume it would be similar for other depots across the country. I chose to collect mine, and I only needed to show my driving license as proof of ID (as well as a printout of the email from DX notifying me my packet was ready for delivery). There have been some horror stories regarding DX's unsavoury delivery methods, but one would hope those are few and far between. I wanted to avoid anything remotely going wrong with delivery, so I chose to collect mine from the depot - but not everyone has that option given that they don't have that many locations scattered across the country. The DX website itself is hopeless for working out where their depot locations are based. I could only eventually find this out when I got to the part of booking my interview via the US embassy's website.

Last edited by CaptainAmerica; Dec 14th 2018 at 12:26 pm.
Old Dec 14th 2018, 1:12 pm
NM, not new, not Mexico!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

My son's immigrant visa packet was delivered by DX to my mother's address with no issue whatsoever. This was preferable for us than delivery to his shared student house.