Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Passport return timeline

Passport return timeline

Old Jul 13th 2022, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

Omega1a is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Passport return timeline

Does anyone have recent experience with the US Embassy in London? I had a successful interview on 16th June 2022 for a family based immigrant visa. I live in the UK and I am married to a US citizen. On the day they kept my passport and told me I should have in back within 1 to 2 weeks. It has now been 4 weeks and I haven't heard a thing from them and still await my passport. I would just like to know if anyone else has gone through this and what the actual timeline was. I have emailed the embassy but just receive a generic email back every time.
Thanks in advance
Old Jul 13th 2022, 10:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passport return timeline

Less than 2 weeks, but that was back in 2016
Old Oct 2nd 2022, 9:22 am
Just Joined

Seanabyyc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Passport return timeline

Originally Posted by Omega1a
Does anyone have recent experience with the US Embassy in London? I had a successful interview on 16th June 2022 for a family based immigrant visa. I live in the UK and I am married to a US citizen. On the day they kept my passport and told me I should have in back within 1 to 2 weeks. It has now been 4 weeks and I haven't heard a thing from them and still await my passport. I would just like to know if anyone else has gone through this and what the actual timeline was. I have emailed the embassy but just receive a generic email back every time.
Thanks in advance

Hello, I'm in the same boat with London. Did you ever get the visa? If so how long was the wait? Thank you so much