Packets?

Old Nov 22nd 2008, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

alissss is a name known to allalissss is a name known to allalissss is a name known to allalissss is a name known to allalissss is a name known to allalissss is a name known to allalissss is a name known to allalissss is a name known to allalissss is a name known to allalissss is a name known to allalissss is a name known to all
Default Packets?

Hi all, me again. I have been reading past topics. This forum is amazingly useful! But the more I read the more I think and come up with questions

here's one: People refer to receiving Packet 3, Packet 4. What are these? Our I-130 was approved in London. But all I received is a slim envelope with a letter and a checklist. They refer me to URLs with the forms that need to now be sent in.

Is this "the packet"?

Thanks, A
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 3:13 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Packets?

Originally Posted by alissss
Hi all, me again. I have been reading past topics. This forum is amazingly useful! But the more I read the more I think and come up with questions

here's one: People refer to receiving Packet 3, Packet 4. What are these? Our I-130 was approved in London. But all I received is a slim envelope with a letter and a checklist. They refer me to URLs with the forms that need to now be sent in.

Is this "the packet"?

Thanks, A
Packet 3 is the set of visa application forms. Not sure what Packet 4 is/was...perhaps it's the delivery of the passport with visa inside.

Rene
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 6:02 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Is this "the packet"?

Thanks, A
Hi:

The Packet system was in place for over 25 years and was discontinued only a few years ago. However, as is common, obsolete terminology tends to hang around for a while.

Packet 3 was the preliminary packet -- it contained what is now the equivalent of what is now the DS-230 part I [BTW, you might also see references to the OF-xxx forms -- "DS" has replaced "OF."] You sent back the enclosed forms and told them you had the other items in hand.

Packet 4 was the actual visa appointment letter with the equivalent of the DS-230 part II. It contained the instructions on what to bring to the interview, medical instructions, etc.
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 11:37 pm
Forum Regular

alissss is a name known to allalissss is a name known to allalissss is a name known to allalissss is a name known to allalissss is a name known to allalissss is a name known to allalissss is a name known to allalissss is a name known to allalissss is a name known to allalissss is a name known to allalissss is a name known to all

Thanks a lot. I was wondering if I was missing something.

I think what I received is the equivalent of Packet 3.

Yes, they're still referring to the old form name OF-230.

Perhaps I am being way too obsessed but don't they know the forms and instructions and everything are such a mess? On the other hand they sure would notice if I sent them a marriage certificate with the wrong name or use an expired passport!

Cheers, A
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 12:56 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... but don't they know the forms and instructions and everything are such a mess?
Sure they do... but why should they care? They aren't the ones who are required to complete the forms.

On the other hand they sure would notice if I sent them a marriage certificate with the wrong name or use an expired passport!
The difference here, is that you would be deliberately misrepresenting yourself. The people who send you the forms aren't the ones who actually create them.

Ian