Packet help

Old May 1st 2003, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

Angelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really nice
Default Packet help

Hi everyone

This site is just what my fiancee and I have been looking for!. This is my first post here.

Ok, My fiancee is American, I'm British here in the UK and we've just started the process of me getting a K1 visa to marry her.

We sent our I-129f and G-325a's to Vermont on April 21st. My fiancee got a reply yesterday April 30th in the post with our case number.

We were wondering what stages are the packets received. Am I right in thinking that the forms we sent on 21st were packet one?.

Any answers would be helpful.

Thank you
Angelus71

Last edited by Angelus71; May 1st 2003 at 8:45 pm.
Old May 1st 2003, 8:43 pm
Wales is next to England

Gasherjohn is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome,

Have a look at our timeline and a few of the other members here. I think it will give you the answers you want.... for Vermont too
Old May 1st 2003, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

Angelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really nice

Oh sorry, that's not what I meant.

I meant to ask...

What are the different stages that packets 1, 2, 3 and 4 are recieved by us?.

Thanks
Old May 1st 2003, 9:04 pm
Wales is next to England

You have had the first NOA from Vermont
Go onto the BCIS website www.immigration.gov and you can watch while nothing happens for 30 days or so (that's how long Vermont took for ours) and then suddenly it changes and they tell you (hopefully) that your petition has been approved
The file then goes to NVC and you should get confirmation. This is the second NOA.
The NVC send the file to London within a few days (hopefully) and London will send you packet 3. They opened a provisional file for us as we got in just before they changed the procedure so I assume that we won't get a packet 3.
As I understand it you then send all the forms back to London but none of the documents and when you have all your documents you send in the IV-15 to say that you have them. It is at that stage that London sends out the packet 4 with details of where to go, how to pay and an interview date (this is what I am waiting for now... I hope!)

I guess I should make the usual disclaimers about not being a lawyer and not knowing what I am talking about so don't take anything I say as gospel if it goes wrong ok?
Old May 1st 2003, 9:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

vermont! you are tooo lucky for words... if all is well, give yourself 3.5-4 more months and you may be back together. lol. for comparison, the Texas Service Center is making the process take some people 8-9 months (or more).

good luck though smile and be happy, you lucked out (can;t you tell I am jealous ;-) - Took me 6 months for me and my fiance. , and that was fast for the TSC route)!
Old May 1st 2003, 11:01 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for your help
Old May 2nd 2003, 12:03 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Packet help

Originally posted by Angelus71
Hi everyone

This site is just what my fiancee and I have been looking for!. This is my first post here.

Ok, My fiancee is American, I'm British here in the UK and we've just started the process of me getting a K1 visa to marry her.

We sent our I-129f and G-325a's to Vermont on April 21st. My fiancee got a reply yesterday April 30th in the post with our case number.

We were wondering what stages are the packets received. Am I right in thinking that the forms we sent on 21st were packet one?.

Any answers would be helpful.

Thank you
Angelus71

Hi:

No, you are not right.

The "Packet" system was part of the STATE Department's visa processing system for some years -- and it was formally abolished last year.

The Packets 1 & 2 have not existed fro years. Once the former INS completed its stuff, you first got "Packet 3" as the preliminary packet, and the the final "Packet 4" for your interview.

Although the "Packet" system no longer exists, the names "Packet 3" and "Packet 4" still persist for their current analogues.
Old May 2nd 2003, 12:18 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the info Folinskyinla
Old May 2nd 2003, 6:33 am
Wales is next to England

Thanks for clarifying that too. I always thought of packet 1 and 2 as the 1st and 2nd NOA but now I know.
Old May 2nd 2003, 5:28 pm
foxy little minx

bequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of light

you can post your process in this website http://www.davehollis.com/k1/list.ph...datesent&dir=1

it helps keep track of the days and the steps: noa 1, noa 2, consulate/embassy interview, etc... plus you can check timelines of people going through your same service center or country, etc.

you're very lucky, vermont is the best one.
Old May 2nd 2003, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks bequibar
Old May 2nd 2003, 6:27 pm
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

Angelus71,

If you haven't already done so, maybe take a look at:

http://k1.exit.com/k-1frames.html

Also we went through the Vermont SC, so you can see our timeline below for reference

Juliet
Old May 2nd 2003, 6:30 pm
foxy little minx

bequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of light

juliet: what was your rfe for?
Old May 2nd 2003, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the link, Juliet
Old May 2nd 2003, 7:39 pm
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bequibar
juliet: what was your rfe for?
bequibar,

Our RFE was for 2 minor things (yet still very annoying):

1) The wrong Consulate was chosen (only certain consulates process K-1 visas in Canada)

2) They needed my fiance's original signature on one of the forms. My attorney said I could sign according to this example- "Romeo Montague by Juliet Capulet (fiancee)", but the VSC said no we couldn't.

Juliet

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.