Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Packet 3 - question regarding DS-230 forms

Packet 3 - question regarding DS-230 forms

Old Apr 18th 2004, 10:07 am
BE Enthusiast

MrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really nice
Default Packet 3 - question regarding DS-230 forms

I recently recieved my packet 3 (or whatever it is called now) from the US embassy in Switzerland.

The first instruction on the form states:
"complete and return immdeiately to this office Form DS-230I, Biographical Data. This office cannot process your case until this form is recieved". There was a DS-230I sheet included for me to fill out, however,

When I look at example forms on visajourney.com I see there is also a second part to the DS-230 form, the DS-230 part II, sworn statement. There is nothing in my packet 3 regarding this page.

My question is did the embassy forget to include this !? do only certain embassies require this ? or does it come into play later down the road in the K1 visa application process.

Thanks,
Niall
Old Apr 18th 2004, 1:00 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Packet 3 - question regarding DS-230 forms

Originally posted by MrDub
I recently recieved my packet 3 (or whatever it is called now) from the US embassy in Switzerland.

The first instruction on the form states:
"complete and return immdeiately to this office Form DS-230I, Biographical Data. This office cannot process your case until this form is recieved". There was a DS-230I sheet included for me to fill out, however,

When I look at example forms on visajourney.com I see there is also a second part to the DS-230 form, the DS-230 part II, sworn statement. There is nothing in my packet 3 regarding this page.

My question is did the embassy forget to include this !? do only certain embassies require this ? or does it come into play later down the road in the K1 visa application process.

Thanks,
Niall
Hi:

Altough you don't exactly say so, you timeline indicates you are involved in the "K" process. The "K" visas is a "hybrid" visa is that is, by defintion, a "non-immigrant" visa granted for the purpose of coming to the US permanently. Hence, much of the "immigrant" process is used.

The DS230 part II is the actual application form for the IMMIGRANT visa and therefore is NOT used for applying for a K. When the time comes you will use the DS156 and DS156K forms.

Bottom line: don't worry on this one.