Packet 3 to London

Old Apr 24th 2009, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

Jane1961 is just really niceJane1961 is just really niceJane1961 is just really niceJane1961 is just really niceJane1961 is just really niceJane1961 is just really niceJane1961 is just really niceJane1961 is just really nice
Default Packet 3 to London

Ok can I just check that I have this right please.

I received my letter from the London Embassy today confirming that the I-129 is approved and that I now need to submit the appropriate forms.

Nothing was enclosed, I expected all the forms to be enclosed but I see now that I have to gather them myself.

So

1. I print off and fill out form DS-230 part 1
2. I print off and fill out form DS-156K
3. I'm not male therefore I don't need DS-157
4. I print off and complete the checklist form IV-15

These can then be copied and posted to the Embassy

5. I complete and submit form DS-156 electronically and print out a copy for my records

Is that correct at this point?

Also another couple of questions.
I almost have all the documents for the application, the major exception being my finace's notarized statement. I should receive that in the next fortnight.

Should I send the form IV-15 at this point or make absolutely sure that I physically have everything I need before I send it back?

Last question - The bottom of my letter has my case number and name. Then underneath under the heading "traveling applicants" both my name and that of my daughter. The thing is my daughter has never planned to travel with me - she's 16 and wants to stay in England to complete her A levels here. So I am a little confused as to why her name has appeared on the bottom of the letter from the Embassy.

Could anyone enlighten me please.

Thank you in advance
Old Apr 24th 2009, 4:21 pm
Just Joined

purplekitty is just really nicepurplekitty is just really nicepurplekitty is just really nicepurplekitty is just really nicepurplekitty is just really nicepurplekitty is just really nicepurplekitty is just really nicepurplekitty is just really nice
Default Re: Packet 3 to London

Originally Posted by Jane1961
Ok can I just check that I have this right please.

I received my letter from the London Embassy today confirming that the I-129 is approved and that I now need to submit the appropriate forms.

Nothing was enclosed, I expected all the forms to be enclosed but I see now that I have to gather them myself.

So

1. I print off and fill out form DS-230 part 1
2. I print off and fill out form DS-156K
3. I'm not male therefore I don't need DS-157
4. I print off and complete the checklist form IV-15

These can then be copied and posted to the Embassy

5. I complete and submit form DS-156 electronically and print out a copy for my records

Is that correct at this point?
My fiance and I just mailed off our forms today. What they have done instead of sending forms to fill out is provide a web link to
http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/visa/iv/iv_15.html

On the right side are links to each of the forms so you can either print them off and fill them out, or fill them out on your screen and print them out. Just note that you will not be able to save an electronic version of the filled out form.

Correct on the DS-230 part 1 (you can fill out both parts, but only sign and send in part 1) and DS-156k.

The DS-156 is a web form that you fill out, click a button and it generates a printable version of the form. That is the version that you print out to include with the others. Don't sign the DS-156

I will leave it to more experienced people on the forum to cover the DS-157 question, but I looked at the form again and it does not appear to be gender specific. It just includes some supplemental info about prior employment, foreign travel, and a few other things.

Summary:
Send in DS-230 part 1 (signed) and the following unsigned forms in duplicate: DS-156 (version generated by the website), DS-156k, and DS-157.

For the checklist, as I've discovered from reading other posts including answers some of our own questions that the majority of the checklist can be worked on AFTER those initial forms are sent (which means the IV-15 is not needed right now).

That's where we are right now.

[QUOTE=Jane1961;7510718]
Should I send the form IV-15 at this point or make absolutely sure that I physically have everything I need before I send it back?
[\QUOTE]

The majority of what you are gathering for that checklist are items to bring to your interview, including the notarized statement that you mentioned in your post. At least that is the advice that I was given when I was panicking about the I-134 while I was trying to pack all the visa info I could into a notebook to bring to my fiance during my recent visit.

Part of that checklist is the medical, which normally would be completed prior to the interview.

Last question - The bottom of my letter has my case number and name. Then underneath under the heading "traveling applicants" both my name and that of my daughter. The thing is my daughter has never planned to travel with me - she's 16 and wants to stay in England to complete her A levels here. So I am a little confused as to why her name has appeared on the bottom of the letter from the Embassy.

Could anyone enlighten me please.
Probably the best thing to do there is to contact the Embassy, either via post or telephone.

Best of luck!

Purplekitty
Old Apr 24th 2009, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

Jane1961 is just really niceJane1961 is just really niceJane1961 is just really niceJane1961 is just really niceJane1961 is just really niceJane1961 is just really niceJane1961 is just really niceJane1961 is just really nice

Thanks Purple Kitty....and best of luck with your own application.

re the DS-157 the wiki on this site states that its for males aged 16 - 45, though now I read the US Embassy instructions again it doesn't say that anywhere. So I shall download and complete.

So whether the form and checklist is enclosed or not is it your understanding that the embassy automatically sends out for interview once the forms have been processed, or is the trigger the IV-15...again it doens't seem particularly clear?

Looks like you and I could be at the embassy round about the same time......

Old Apr 24th 2009, 7:32 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

J,

DS-157 is required for males aged 16-45. It's use for others is at the discretion of the consulate.

Regards, JEff

re the DS-157 the wiki on this site states that its for males aged 16 - 45, though now I read the US Embassy instructions again it doesn't say that anywhere. So I shall download and complete.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 8:01 pm
Just Joined

purplekitty is just really nicepurplekitty is just really nicepurplekitty is just really nicepurplekitty is just really nicepurplekitty is just really nicepurplekitty is just really nicepurplekitty is just really nicepurplekitty is just really nice

Thanks Purple Kitty....and best of luck with your own application.

Based on Jeff's response, it sounds like it is up to the consulate. Probably best to fill it out anyway.

So whether the form and checklist is enclosed or not is it your understanding that the embassy automatically sends out for interview once the forms have been processed, or is the trigger the IV-15...again it doens't seem particularly clear?
I think it's more of a case of letting them know when the checklist is ready, including medical and then they schedule the interview, but that's my understanding being at the brink of that part of the process

We're taking our time with the checklist and especially the medical, so my fiance probably won't have his interview until the fall, but we're trying to take this a day (and a form!) at a time.

Good luck!

Purplekitty
Old Apr 24th 2009, 8:02 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I sure wish someone who had actually received a K-1 visa from London in the past, oh, six months, would come back and answer this damned question about the DS forms.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 8:06 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by meauxna
I sure wish someone who had actually received a K-1 visa from London in the past, oh, six months, would come back and answer this damned question about the DS forms.
Meauxana, I promise that once we get through the process, we'll post something

--purplekitty
Old Apr 25th 2009, 10:45 am
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute

Im a female aged 21, I did NOT fill out DS-157 and was never asked for it.

I filled out both part 1 and 2 of DS-230 - ONLY signed part 1

DS-156 you fill in online, when you submit it, it generates a special barcode type thing. You need to print this form out when its done. Again dont sign it.

DS-156K same again i believe (but i dont remember this last form so well)

Ds-230, 156, 156k all gets sent with the checklist.

Take Part 2 (unsigned) of the DS-230 with you to the interview along with your I-134's from USC, supporting documents for it. Evidence of relationship etc.

make copies of EVERYTHING!
Old Apr 25th 2009, 4:31 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I almost have all the documents for the application, the major exception being my finace's notarized statement. I should receive that in the next fortnight.
Just curious what notarized statement this is? Do you mean the I-134 Affidavit of Support?

Rene
Old Apr 25th 2009, 5:36 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PepsiChic

DS-156 you fill in online, when you submit it, it generates a special barcode type thing. You need to print this form out when its done. Again dont sign it.

Take Part 2 (unsigned) of the DS-230 with you to the interview along with your I-134's from USC, supporting documents for it. Evidence of relationship etc.

Can someone incorporate this into the wiki entry that was under complaint this week? Please.
Old Apr 25th 2009, 7:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna

Can someone incorporate this into the wiki entry that was under complaint this week? Please.
done, (into the K1 wiki)
Old Apr 25th 2009, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

Craig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really nice

Thank you, I wasn't sure what parts to sign, and whats parts not to sign.
Old Apr 25th 2009, 7:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Craig73
Thank you, I wasn't sure what parts to sign, and whats parts not to sign.
no problem ive updated it to include links to the right forms.

K1 Wiki
Old Apr 25th 2009, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

welshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud of

When I submitted to London, I completed online and mailed in
DS230 part 1
DS156
DS156k

And all went well.

If you KNOW that you will be getting that notarized letter soon then I would send in your complete checklist saying you have everything...so long as you know for sure you will get it by the time of interview (in other words your other half sent it registered mail or something similar)

Best of luck, I hope it all goes smoothly for you. I did this part in Sept, interviewed in early December and moved out here in January :-)
Old Apr 26th 2009, 1:11 am

done, (into the K1 wiki)
no problem ive updated it to include links to the right forms.

K1 Wiki
You are my Hero today!!!

Thank you, and I hope this puts this issue to rest.
I also added that some Consulates may require DS-157 from all applicants, not just males in the age range.

thank you thank you thank you!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.