Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

packet 3 contents for London K3 visa?

packet 3 contents for London K3 visa?

Old Nov 1st 2003, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

mdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant future
Default packet 3 contents for London K3 visa?

Hi,

does anyone have a (more) definitive list of the packet 3 contents for a K3 in London than is listed on the USembassy.org.uk website? They seem to just list K1 stuff

Thanks in advance,

Matt
Old Nov 1st 2003, 10:46 pm
Together at last!

Simon&Vik will become famous soon enoughSimon&Vik will become famous soon enough
Default Re: packet 3 contents for London K3 visa?

My understanding is that what will be needed is pretty much the same for whatever country you'll be coming from.

Try this thread: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=186873
Old Nov 1st 2003, 11:08 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Simon&Vik
My understanding is that what will be needed is pretty much the same for whatever country you'll be coming from.

I always though It'd varie depending the country you are from, Thanks for the info
Old Nov 1st 2003, 11:59 pm
Forum Regular

mdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant future

i'm more stuck on these:

- Form DS- 230 Part 1 (biographical data)
- Form DS- 156 Application for non-immigrant visa
- Form DS- 156K Nonimmigrant visa application
- Form DS- 157 Supplemental nonimmigrant visa application

both the 156's and the 157?
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 12:04 am
Professional Mover

Location: Derry, NH Via Salem, NH via Ma, NC, ex Manchester, UK.
RoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by mdaitc
i'm more stuck on these:

- Form DS- 230 Part 1 (biographical data)
- Form DS- 156 Application for non-immigrant visa
- Form DS- 156K Nonimmigrant visa application
- Form DS- 157 Supplemental nonimmigrant visa application

both the 156's and the 157?
I received the DS-230 part 1, 2 x DS-156 and the I-134.

I believe the DS-156K is for fiancee's, not sure what the other is!
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 12:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by RoB1833
I received the DS-230 part 1, 2 x DS-156 and the I-134.

I believe the DS-156K is for fiancee's, not sure what the other is!
ds-157 is "SUPPLEMENTAL NONIMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION" - looks very similar to the other 2 DS forms.

http://travel.state.gov/new157.html

The State Department announces a new form, the Supplemental Nonimmigrant Visa Application, Form DS-157.

Effective immediately, all male nonimmigrant visa applicants between the ages of 16 and 45, regardless of nationality and regardless of where they apply, must complete and submit a DS-157 in addition to the Nonimmigrant Visa Application (DS-156).

The only exceptions are as follows: Applicants for A-1, A-2, G-1, G-2, G-3, G-4, NATO-1, NATO-2, NATO-3, NATO-4, NATO-5, NATO-6 and TECRO E-1 visas are not required to submit a DS-157. Also, all applicants for crew-list visas are exempt from the DS-157 requirement. Please Note: This form IS required for all male A-3, G-5, and NATO-7 applicants between the ages of 16 and 45, as well as for all male C (C-1, C-2 and C-3) and D applicants between the ages of 16 and 45.

The DS-157 is used in conjunction with the DS-156 to determine visa classification and eligibility. Regardless of the exceptions listed above, consular officers reserve the right to require a DS-157 from any applicant for any visa classification.

Last edited by mdaitc; Nov 2nd 2003 at 12:19 am.
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 1:15 am
Professional Mover

Location: Derry, NH Via Salem, NH via Ma, NC, ex Manchester, UK.
RoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to behold

ds-157 is "SUPPLEMENTAL NONIMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION" - looks very similar to the other 2 DS forms.

http://travel.state.gov/new157.html

The State Department announces a new form, the Supplemental Nonimmigrant Visa Application, Form DS-157.

Effective immediately, all male nonimmigrant visa applicants between the ages of 16 and 45, regardless of nationality and regardless of where they apply, must complete and submit a DS-157 in addition to the Nonimmigrant Visa Application (DS-156).

The only exceptions are as follows: Applicants for A-1, A-2, G-1, G-2, G-3, G-4, NATO-1, NATO-2, NATO-3, NATO-4, NATO-5, NATO-6 and TECRO E-1 visas are not required to submit a DS-157. Also, all applicants for crew-list visas are exempt from the DS-157 requirement. Please Note: This form IS required for all male A-3, G-5, and NATO-7 applicants between the ages of 16 and 45, as well as for all male C (C-1, C-2 and C-3) and D applicants between the ages of 16 and 45.

The DS-157 is used in conjunction with the DS-156 to determine visa classification and eligibility. Regardless of the exceptions listed above, consular officers reserve the right to require a DS-157 from any applicant for any visa classification.
I've never heard of any K3'ers on this board, going through London being asked for that......

The forms sent to me are the one's I listed.
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 5:50 pm
Together at last!

Simon&Vik will become famous soon enoughSimon&Vik will become famous soon enough

Here's the checklist.
http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_web...DS2001list.pdf
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

Here's the checklist.
http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_web...DS2001list.pdf
yeah, but it is a year old...
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 6:24 pm
Together at last!

yeah, but it is a year old...
Yeah, but the don't change every form every year.
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

Yeah, but the don't change every form every year.
but you have to admit, the form does look like it needs to be made more "official"?
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 8:13 pm
Maryanne Kehoe

Asking males between 16 to 45 about to fill this form out I think has to
do with checking for previous military service. Males applying for
tourist visas for Russia who are between the above ages have to fill out
a similar form. Females are not required to fill out the form.

Although Ken is over 45 years old and doesn't have to fill this out, we
are K-3ing thru London and I have never heard of males going thru that
embassy of having to fill that form out.