Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Packet 3 comes from the Consulate, right?

Packet 3 comes from the Consulate, right?

Old Feb 2nd 2004, 2:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Buendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the rough
Default Packet 3 comes from the Consulate, right?

I called our consulate (Dublin, Ireland) today just to see if I could have a copy of Packet 3 early so that we could begin filling out the paperwork.

I was connected with Visas/Immigration. I explained to the woman that I had applied for a K3 visa for my husband and asked for Packet 3 in advance if possible. She was very nice, said she'd have to check. When she came back to the phone she said "Oh no, those are sent from America directly to you." Which I was sure was not correct... Packet 3 does come from the Consulate right?

I should learn not to ask any questions, because I get really nervous when I know more than the people who are doing this for a living, and getting paid for it.
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 3:11 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Packet 3 comes from the Consulate, right?

Buendia,

My experience, and it is not with Ireland, is that the visa application package for both the K1 and K3 visas comes from the consulate. I received nothing from the NVC with regard to my wife's K3 visa other than the notice that an approved petition had been received from the USCIS Service Center and would be forwarded to the consulate.

In the case of an immigrant visa for a spouse, the NVC does send some of the visa application materials to the I-130 petitioner in the US.

By the way, you cannot apply for a K3 visa for your husband. He must apply for the visa himself.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by Buendia
I called our consulate (Dublin, Ireland) today just to see if I could have a copy of Packet 3 early so that we could begin filling out the paperwork.

I was connected with Visas/Immigration. I explained to the woman that I had applied for a K3 visa for my husband and asked for Packet 3 in advance if possible. She was very nice, said she'd have to check. When she came back to the phone she said "Oh no, those are sent from America directly to you." Which I was sure was not correct... Packet 3 does come from the Consulate right?

I should learn not to ask any questions, because I get really nervous when I know more than the people who are doing this for a living, and getting paid for it.
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 1:46 am
Together at last!

Simon&Vik will become famous soon enoughSimon&Vik will become famous soon enough

We're going through London. Yes, P3 comes from the consulate. You must remember that calling the info line doesn't mean you're getting accurate info.

From what I've read here, it seems almost unheard of for a Consulate to send P3 before they're ready to.
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 2:59 am
Sleep? What's that?

bubbadog has a spectacular aura aboutbubbadog has a spectacular aura aboutbubbadog has a spectacular aura about

You can download the forms from the London consulate's website.
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 3:09 am
Together at last!

Simon&Vik will become famous soon enoughSimon&Vik will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by bubbadog
You can download the forms from the London consulate's website.
We never found a place on there to download the checklist though, and that has to be mailed in too.
But yes, you can d'l the forms so that you'll be ready to send them as soon as you get P3.
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 8:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Buendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for replying everyone! I think I will download the forms... that's a great idea! I knew when I called they wouldn't know anything and that they'd never give me Packet 3 early... but it was worth a try. It's this waiting thing - feels weird not to be doing something.

We've ordered the police certs, gotten a realtor to do a comp letter for the value of our house/selling time, written off for vaccination records, bank is waiting to do a letter, brokerage co. waiting to do a letter...

I guess the only thing left to do is make some money to pay for the fees!!!! I'll go do that now....