Wikiposts

"packet 3"

Old Dec 4th 2009, 3:50 am
Just Joined

p.blow is an unknown quantity at this point
Default "packet 3"

Hi Everyone,

As some of you may know i am applying for a K-1 visa. At the moment i am currently waiting for the letter, the embassy sends to you know as "packet 3". The embassy told me they had send out my letter on the 25th and i am still waiting for it now. I called the embassy yesterday and they said i did not need the letter to send in the documents they need. I found the application procees from the link below:

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/K1_London_Applications

I have complted all the forms. At the bottom of the ds-156k it says all of the following documents must be attached. Here are the one's which apply for me:

Birth Certificate
Police certificates
Evidence of engagedment
Evidence of finacial support

But, on the link i have posted above, if you look at number 5, it say's do not post any of these to the embassy!

Do i or don't i send in these in with the other forms i have completed.

the other forms i have completed are:

DS-230
DS-156
DS-156K
AND THE DS-157

Thank you for taking the time to read one of my posts again, i really do appreciate it and hopefully i will be able to answers questions from, new applicants of the k-1 process.
Old Dec 4th 2009, 3:53 am
Instigator of the Post

TracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: "packet 3"

Originally Posted by p.blow
Hi Everyone,

As some of you may know i am applying for a K-1 visa. At the moment i am currently waiting for the letter, the embassy sends to you know as "packet 3". The embassy told me they had send out my letter on the 25th and i am still waiting for it now. I called the embassy yesterday and they said i did not need the letter to send in the documents they need. I found the application procees from the link below:

I have complted all the forms. At the bottom of the ds-156k it says all of the following documents must be attached. Here are the one's which apply for me:

Birth Certificate
Police certificates
Evidence of engagedment

But, on the link i have posted above, if you look at number 5, it say's do not post any of these to the embassy!

DS-230
DS-156
DS-156K
AND THE DS-157

Thank you for taking the time to read one of my posts again, i really do appreciate it and hopefully i will be able to answers questions from, new applicants of the k-1 process.
Yes, you only post the DS forms themselves, not the birth cert, police cert, financial support or engagement evidence. Bring those with you to the interview.
Old Dec 4th 2009, 4:10 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Did you look at the form IV-15 referenced at that link, which contains the document checklist and instructions?

It confirms, in strong language, what the web site says about what to do with the supporting documents.

Regards, JEff

Hi Everyone,

Birth Certificate
Police certificates
Evidence of engagedment

DS-230
DS-156
DS-156K
AND THE DS-157

Old Dec 4th 2009, 10:57 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for your replys Jeffrey and Tracy.

I rAed the IV-15 and it does state there very clearly that you DO NOT send in any of the documents.

The only information i am missing right now is the certificate of residence from the age of 16.

Since i have not recieved my letter from the embassy can i double check with anyone who has recieved there letter or been through the K-1 process that i am sending all the documents i need to send and there is nothing missing like a cover letter or something.

DS-230 (PART 1 ONLY) DO I SIGN THIS DOCUMENT OR NOT?
DS-156 UNSIGNED
DS-156K UNSIGNED
DS-157

thank you
Old Dec 4th 2009, 11:58 pm
Just Joined

Hi again,

I just got of the phone with the embassy, I do have all the forms i need, they did say i needed to send in the iv-15 checklist form! I do not see any form, i only see an actual checklist. do i send them that? I am confused what the embassy want me to send them?

Please help!!
Old Dec 5th 2009, 4:35 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

The only information i am missing right now is the certificate of residence from the age of 16.
What is the "certificate of residence from the age of 16"? Do you mean you're waiting for the police report?

Personally I wouldn't send in the checklist saying you have everything, until you actually have everything.

Rene
Old Dec 5th 2009, 6:02 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Hi again,

I just got of the phone with the embassy, I do have all the forms i need, they did say i needed to send in the iv-15 checklist form! I do not see any form, i only see an actual checklist. do i send them that? I am confused what the embassy want me to send them?

Please help!!
Relax a minute.. breathe!

IV-15 checklist *is* a 'form'.

If you have all the interview documents required, send in the document that says you do.
Old Dec 7th 2009, 1:03 am
Just Joined

I found the 1V-15k checklist form on the embassy website. I do have everything which i need to submit to the embassy and hopefully i will have an interview date given to me by the end of the year, and i can have my K visa by the end of January.

Thank you for helping me, i am sure i will be asking more questions within the next couple of months!!