Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Our timeline and hope for all :-)

Our timeline and hope for all :-)

Old Jul 24th 2002, 9:20 pm
Steve Mohl

Default Our timeline and hope for all :-)

Hello all, I have had much success, believe it or not, with this entire process and I
wanted to share my experience so far with everyone. I am very sorry for the people in
other jurisdictions and wish you all the best of luck. I am in Texas, using TSC, and
my fiance is Russian (Moscow Embassy).

7/1/02 - (my birthday ) I129F petition received from my attorney and completed by
me and sent off to TSC certified mail.
7/2/02 - TSC mail room receives petition.
7/3/02 - 1st NOA date. (my attorney received this but I was able to get the case
number and and receipt date off the back of my cashed check online directly
from my bank)
7/4/02 - TSC phone system says APPROVED !!!! Unbelievable !!!
7/5/02 - Received real, honest to God, paper approval notice from INS in mail with
actual approval date of 7/16/02. Only 6 days to approve !!!

Today, 7/24/02, after refreshing the Moscow Consulate web-site K-1 interview list
many times over and over waiting for an update , our case number appears out there
and it is scheduled, believe it or not, for 9/11/02.

My fiance and I have had something special going this entire time and the way this
all played out so far just seems to follow what we have had going all along. We are
the luckiest people in the world and will readily admit it but we have worked hard
also doing a lot of research, etc. I truly believe we are meant to be together now.
Someone or something is looking after us !!!!

From time of petition being mailed to interview date is a total of 2 months, 10 days.

Again, I'm sorry to all of those out there who are suffering. This is very difficult,
I know, and somehow, it's just all working out for us.

All the best luck to all,

Steve

Old Jul 24th 2002, 11:20 pm
Jerry Neslund

Default Re: Our timeline and hope for all :-)

Way to go Steve!!! You're DAMN lucky. We were approved on 7/5/02 and are still
waiting for an interview date in Moscow. It's is good to know the system works for
someone. We were stuck in Nebraska Hell.

Congrats, Jerry

Steve Mohl wrote:

>Hello all, I have had much success, believe it or not, with this entire process and
    >I wanted to share my experience so far with everyone. I am very sorry for the people
    >in other jurisdictions and wish you all the best of luck. I am in Texas, using TSC,
    >and my fiance is Russian (Moscow Embassy).
    >
    > 7/1/02 - (my birthday ) I129F petition received from my attorney and completed
    > by me and sent off to TSC certified mail.
    > 7/3/02 - TSC mail room receives petition.
    >7/10/02 - 1st NOA date. (my attorney received this but I was able to get the case
    > number and and receipt date off the back of my cashed check online directly
    > from my bank)
    >7/17/02 - TSC phone system says APPROVED !!!! Unbelievable !!!
    >7/20/02 - Received real, honest to God, paper approval notice from INS in mail with
    > actual approval date of 7/16/02. Only 6 days to approve !!!
    >
    >Today, 7/24/02, after refreshing the Moscow Consulate web-site K-1 interview list
    >many times over and over waiting for an update , our case number appears out there
    >and it is scheduled, believe it or not, for 9/11/02.
    >
    >My fiance and I have had something special going this entire time and the way this
    >all played out so far just seems to follow what we have had going all along. We are
    >the luckiest people in the world and will readily admit it but we have worked hard
    >also doing a lot of research, etc. I truly believe we are meant to be together now.
    >Someone or something is looking after us !!!!
    >
    >From time of petition being mailed to interview date is a total of 2 months, 10
    >days.
    >
    >Again, I'm sorry to all of those out there who are suffering. This is very
    >difficult, I know, and somehow, it's just all working out for us.
    >
    >All the best luck to all,
    >
    >Steve
    >
    >