Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Original I-129F Notice (I-797) required at K3 interview?

Original I-129F Notice (I-797) required at K3 interview?

Old Feb 25th 2004, 4:43 pm
Found: My soul mate!!

mrs.jar2b will become famous soon enoughmrs.jar2b will become famous soon enough
Default Original I-129F Notice (I-797) required at K3 interview?

Hello!

I'm finalizing my I-134 plus supporting documents to send to my husband for his K3 interview, as well as anything else, originals and copies, I can think of that he will need. I'm wondering if he will need the *original* I-797s I received for any part of this process (NOA1 from I-130 and NOA1 and 2 from I-129F) or if good quality photocopies are sufficient.

What have others been doing in regards to this and their K3/K1 interviews? Our consulate is London.

Thanks!
Jackie
Old Feb 25th 2004, 6:09 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Original I-129F Notice (I-797) required at K3 interview?

Heya Jackie,
I sent color copies (couldn't convince the copy people to do it since it was an "official looking form", so I did them myself under cover of darkness on a self service color machine at Kinko's.....) because I really didn't want to part with the originals, thinking it would be next to impossible to replace them if they were somehow lost.

I don't know if there are special requirements for K-3, but I can tell you that basically NONE of our carefully prepared and organized supporting evidence was looked at by the Conoff at the interview. Mr. P. said he flipped through the I134 but didn't request anything else----that may be because I had attached three year's worth of tax returns, transcripts, employer letter, paystubs and a year's worth of bank statements just as a precaution. God, I sound completely over the top, but it worked! I figured we had gotten that far, and I wasn't going to give them a reason to request anything else!

~SecretGarden
~and Mr. Pink

Originally posted by mrs.jar2b
Hello!

I'm finalizing my I-134 plus supporting documents to send to my husband for his K3 interview, as well as anything else, originals and copies, I can think of that he will need. I'm wondering if he will need the *original* I-797s I received for any part of this process (NOA1 from I-130 and NOA1 and 2 from I-129F) or if good quality photocopies are sufficient.

What have others been doing in regards to this and their K3/K1 interviews? Our consulate is London.

Thanks!
Jackie
Old Feb 25th 2004, 6:18 pm

mrs.jar2b will become famous soon enoughmrs.jar2b will become famous soon enough

Hi SG!!
I've been thinking about you guys!

Ha! You sound just like me/I sound just like you regarding putting together the I-134 etc ... over the top is just what I've found myself doing! I was wallowing in stacks of bank statements and payslips just last night!

And yes, I'm terrified (not much of an exaggeration!) to send the original I-797s through the mail or FedEx because of the risk of losing them. Color copies it is then, luckily we have one at work so I won't have to hide.

Thanks for your response and I will talk to you soon! Hope all is well
Old Feb 25th 2004, 6:29 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Jackie,

The original I-797s shouldn't be needed - there won't be any interview until the consulate has received it's own notice of approval via the NVC.

That being said, I will have my NOAs #1 for I-130 and I-129f at my wife's K3 interview just in case! (I won't have the NOA #2 for the I-129f because I don't believe they ever issued one.)

Regards, JEff

Hello!

Thanks!
Jackie
Old Feb 25th 2004, 6:50 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
Jackie,

The original I-797s shouldn't be needed - there won't be any interview until the consulate has received it's own notice of approval via the NVC.

Regards, JEff
Hiya JEff,
Unfortunately, what you say here actually follows logic and reason. You should know by now that the USCIS doesn't make any sense! Just like Jackie, I was concerned that they would pull some documentation requirement out of their hat at the interview, so I sent everything anyway. I know, I know, takes more time for them to look through a two inch thick pile of stuff, but oh well..........

Still no joy getting your original NOA2 then?

~SG
~and my husband, Mr. Pink!

(ashamed to say it, but I also sent a color copy of my letter from NVC!)
Old Feb 25th 2004, 6:52 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

SG,

We're not talking here about the USCIS. Visas are issued by the Department of State.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by SecretGarden
Hiya JEff,
Unfortunately, what you say here actually follows logic and reason. You should know by now that the USCIS doesn't make any sense! Just like Jackie, I was concerned that they would pull some documentation requirement out of their hat at the interview, so I sent everything anyway. I know, I know, takes more time for them to look through a two inch thick pile of stuff, but oh well..........

Still no joy getting your original NOA2 then?

~SG
~and my husband, Mr. Pink!

(ashamed to say it, but I also sent a color copy of my letter from NVC!)
Old Feb 25th 2004, 6:53 pm
The Missus

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
SG,

We're not talking here about the USCIS. Visas are issued by the Department of State.

Regards, JEff
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.......................... ..

*LOL*

*big sigh*.......I knew the minute I hit submit reply that I would be taken to task for that!

~SG
Old Feb 25th 2004, 7:45 pm

SG,

If you edit right away you can often get a post from BritishExpats fixed before it hits Usenet. I do it a lot!

Regards, JEff

*LOL*

*big sigh*.......I knew the minute I hit submit reply that I would be taken to task for that!

~SG
Old Feb 25th 2004, 8:34 pm

Ha!! This is the second time you two have "fought" on one of the treads I started ... what am I going to do with you??!!

Just kidding ... have at it!

*LOL*

~SG
Old Feb 25th 2004, 9:36 pm

Jackie,

Stop posting?

Regards, JEff

Ha!! This is the second time you two have "fought" on one of the treads I started ... what am I going to do with you??!!

Just kidding ... have at it!
Old Feb 25th 2004, 9:40 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Hello!

Thanks!
Jackie
Hey Jackie!!
The consul never asked for the NOA'S and I got my K3, When he was looking thru all my paperwork I saw the ADIT pictures, My G-325A, and My approved I-129, It was all in a big white envelope. I didn't get to see the rest of it
Old Feb 25th 2004, 9:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Me - Illinois, USA / Husband - Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Michi is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello!

Thanks!
Jackie

Jackie!! Hubby has p3 already?? Wow, Congratulations!! I hope you get your I-134 done quick!!! I had mine put together as soon as I saw my approval on line... lol... actually I sent him 3 originals, i'm a worry freak, and I didn't want him to loose anything.

Keep me updated, alright? Hopefully, both of our husbands will have their interview soon!!!!!

Lily,