Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

One-Way Ticket For K1 Immigrant

Wikiposts

One-Way Ticket For K1 Immigrant

Old Feb 20th 2004, 6:23 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: One-Way Ticket For K1 Immigrant

Originally posted by whistlestop01
How's married life SG & MrP????
Lest I highjack the thread........

The answer is fantastic! One week today and he's still bringing me coffee. *LOL*

Now on to the AOS forms....*eye roll*

Hugs,
~SG and Mr. P!
Old Feb 20th 2004, 6:27 am
BE Enthusiast

whistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by SecretGarden
Lest I highjack the thread........

The answer is fantastic! One week today and he's still bringing me coffee. *LOL*

Now on to the AOS forms....*eye roll*

Hugs,
~SG and Mr. P!
No More taking over the thread but I am really really happy for you both. You sure deserve all the happiness in the world.

Hope my man makes me coffee in the morning when i get there on the 1 March (10 days to gooooo - yipee! )

Tho I reckon he will be dashing up the road to Dunkin Donuts lol
Old Feb 20th 2004, 6:40 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by CaliforniaBride
I'm curious too. I came here on a K3 visa and had planned with hubby that my triumphant return would be on a one way ticket. Never happened as a return ticket was cheaper so it seemed ridiculous (if disappointing) to do it.

Besides, you can be refused entry and so a return ticket may be advisable.

CB
If you think about it..........If you are refused entry, the return ticket is still useless unless you made if for the same day. My husband bought a round trip ticket (it was cheaper), but the return date was for a couple of months after the arrival date.
Old Feb 20th 2004, 6:42 am
BE Enthusiast

whistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by Leslie66
If you think about it..........If you are refused entry, the return ticket is still useless unless you made if for the same day. My husband bought a round trip ticket (it was cheaper), but the return date was for a couple of months after the arrival date.
I am off to Boston on 1 March with my K1 visa and my supposed return flight is in December.

Old Feb 20th 2004, 6:47 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

I am off to Boston on 1 March with my K1 visa and my supposed return flight is in December.

Well, you might actually get to use yours then. I can't remember why, but he could only get his for a couple of months down the road. You know, it might have had something to do with the non-immigrant visa thing. I'll ask him tonight.
Old Feb 20th 2004, 6:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Well, you might actually get to use yours then. I can't remember why, but he could only get his for a couple of months down the road. You know, it might have had something to do with the non-immigrant visa thing. I'll ask him tonight.
I didn't think about that. I just booked my ticket. I hope it will be ok but how would immigration know unless they ask for your ticket.

Thanks if you could and can you pm me when you know please.

GIsela
Old Feb 20th 2004, 7:13 am
Mtravelkay

whistlestop01 wrote:
    > I have to disagree on that going from London.
    > Round trip to Boston is about £300 where as my flight one way is £500
    > yikes I booked myself a return flight.

Did you check with consolidators or just with the airline?

Old Feb 20th 2004, 7:49 am
WTF?

I didn't think about that. I just booked my ticket. I hope it will be ok but how would immigration know unless they ask for your ticket.

GIsela
Being from the UK, I really don't think you have to worry. The hoops he had to jump through were many. Thankfully, you should have a lot less trouble. But I will check with him and let you know.
Old Feb 21st 2004, 5:27 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

That would depend on the terms of your ticket. My last few trips my tickets have had a fee change of 100GBP, valid for 6months.

CB
Old Feb 22nd 2004, 2:26 pm
WTF?

GIsela
Hi Gisela,

I asked my husand and he had an interesting (I thought) answer.

1. He had no choice. He HAD to buy the round trip ticket based on his visa.

2. He chose the return date based only on the price. IOW, if he had made the return date for a year from now, the ticket would have cost almost 3 times as much. However, there were no "restrictions" on him buying it with a later return date.
Old Feb 22nd 2004, 2:27 pm
WTF?

Originally posted by CaliforniaBride
That would depend on the terms of your ticket. My last few trips my tickets have had a fee change of 100GBP, valid for 6months.

CB
True. I wasn't thinking along those lines.
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 5:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Gisela,

I asked my husand and he had an interesting (I thought) answer.

1. He had no choice. He HAD to buy the round trip ticket based on his visa.

2. He chose the return date based only on the price. IOW, if he had made the return date for a year from now, the ticket would have cost almost 3 times as much. However, there were no "restrictions" on him buying it with a later return date.
Thanks for that Leslie, Its good to know i'll be ok

7 more days and I will be in the air across the Atlantic Ocean.
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 5:09 am
WTF?

YIIIPPPPPPEEEEEEEE!!!
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 5:22 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

When I was denied entry they used the second leg ticket, they talked to the airlines and changed the date for the same day
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 5:25 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

WOOOO!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
:PARTY: :PARTY:
Yay I am so happy!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.