Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

One-Way Ticket For K1 Immigrant

Wikiposts

One-Way Ticket For K1 Immigrant

Old Feb 19th 2004, 2:43 pm
C Allan Rofer

Default Re: One-Way Ticket For K1 Immigrant

Cost for one-way via TACA airlines Lima --> Miami: $94.
I can't beat that.
The round-trip tickets ARE cheap if you start from the USA. If you start
overseas, they cost dearly (based on daily internet search for the last
several weeks).

"mtravelkay" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hypertweeky wrote:
    > > Hey!!
    > >
    > > Why don't you get a roundtrip ticket? It is
    > > cheaper!!!
    > >
    > Not always. Some consolidators offer one way tickets that are less than
    > the price of a one way, and I believe that some airlines offer them
    > directly.

Old Feb 19th 2004, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

brigeet will become famous soon enoughbrigeet will become famous soon enough

I'm glad this thread came up, because I have been wondering if it's ok to have a round trip ticket if you are coming here on a k1 with the intention to marry in 90 days and STAY in the US. So I guess you guys are saying it's OK to buy a cheaper Round Trip ticket and to not use the return. Just wondering if anyone has had a problem doing that. One way just seems logical but r/t is cheap! I guess I just have the question b/c immigration can be nitpicky about certain things :P
Old Feb 19th 2004, 4:41 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by cindyabs
Right, it all depends on where you are coming from and where you are going to. Do your homework and never assume (speaking as a travel agent here), .
Ok ok don't flame me for that
Old Feb 19th 2004, 11:32 pm
Forum Regular

WiAnSiempre is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by C Allan Rofer
I can't beat that.
several weeks).
Wow, that is cheap. I've been looking into r-trip tickets direct from Atlanta to Lima on Delta since I live in Atlanta. Right now the cheapest is $519. I haven't even checked what my fiance's ticket will be from Lima to Atl. I was just going to buy another R-trip in Lima once he receives his visa. I will be going to the interview with him, so we will be returning to the US together. I'll have to check out if it will be cheaper for us to go TACA airlines and go through Miami POE. Then we'd have to fly from Miami to Atl. of course.

Thanks for the info,
Angela
Old Feb 20th 2004, 1:57 am
BE Enthusiast

utopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the rough

That's fascinating and incredible. I checked TACA and the one-way fare to Miami from Medellin was $360 and from Bogota $307.

I can't beat that.
several weeks).
Old Feb 20th 2004, 2:33 am
Forum Regular

WiAnSiempre is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by utopiacowboy
That's fascinating and incredible. I checked TACA and the one-way fare to Miami from Medellin was $360 and from Bogota $307.
C Allan - where did you find this rate? through a consolidator? I've checked the TACA website and they are quoting around $400 for one-way from Lima to Miami???

Thanks,
Angela
Old Feb 20th 2004, 3:58 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by brigeet
I'm glad this thread came up, because I have been wondering if it's ok to have a round trip ticket if you are coming here on a k1 with the intention to marry in 90 days and STAY in the US. So I guess you guys are saying it's OK to buy a cheaper Round Trip ticket and to not use the return. Just wondering if anyone has had a problem doing that. One way just seems logical but r/t is cheap! I guess I just have the question b/c immigration can be nitpicky about certain things :P
We checked into this too, not wanting to do anything "wrong". We checked the American Airlines website which stated that it was against their policy to issue round trip tickets to people who had no intention of using the return portion. This concerned us, but when Mr. Pink purchased the ticket he did tell the AA employee that he was entering on a K1 (they asked), and they still issued the round trip ticket.

He called AA two days later and told him that "his circumstances had changed and he would not be using the return portion of the ticket." Hung up, and that was it. Hope this helps, or at least makes it less worrisome.

~SecretGarden
Old Feb 20th 2004, 5:19 am
Forum Regular

brigeet will become famous soon enoughbrigeet will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by SecretGarden
We checked into this too, not wanting to do anything "wrong". We checked the American Airlines website which stated that it was against their policy to issue round trip tickets to people who had no intention of using the return portion. This concerned us, but when Mr. Pink purchased the ticket he did tell the AA employee that he was entering on a K1 (they asked), and they still issued the round trip ticket.

He called AA two days later and told him that "his circumstances had changed and he would not be using the return portion of the ticket." Hung up, and that was it. Hope this helps, or at least makes it less worrisome.

~SecretGarden
Thanks SG! That'S sort of what I had in my head but I wanted to hear an experience or two. Sounds good!
Old Feb 20th 2004, 5:22 am
Mtravelkay

brigeet wrote:
    > I'm glad this thread came up, because I have been wondering if it's ok
    > to have a round trip ticket if you are coming here on a k1 with the
    > intention to marry in 90 days and STAY in the US. So I guess you guys
    > are saying it's OK to buy a cheaper Round Trip ticket and to not use the
    > return.

As has been noted, it is not always cheaper to buy a round trip ticket,
which may be a good reason to shop around for a cheaper one way ticket.
There is no reason for Immigration to care about a round trip ticket at
any time, as we don't fence you in once you have arrived. You are free
to leave whenever you wich, so there is no reason to bar someone with a
round trip ticket in your circumstances. It might be an issue if someone
was entering on VWP and had a return ticket for more than 90 days from
arrival.

Old Feb 20th 2004, 5:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

~SecretGarden
I would think that it wouldn't matter if you used the return portion or not. I mean, people miss flights all the time, and if you don't show up at least an hour before the flight, the airline will just bump you and give your seat to someone on standby anyways. Scott was worried they'd come after him or something for not using the return ticket. I say it's not a prob at all, cuz if you don't use the return, you've already paid for it and just throwing away your own money. So I'm sure the airlines won't mind being paid twice for the same seat!

I don't think Scott's even going to bother calling the airline after he gets here.

On a different note, are there any flight consolidator websites that sell tickets to/from London or Glasgow? I wish we could get flights that cheap! London is friggin outrageous!

Jamie
Old Feb 20th 2004, 5:31 am
BE Enthusiast

whistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura about

I can't beat that.
several weeks).
I have to disagree on that going from London. Round trip to Boston is about £300 where as my flight one way is £500 yikes I booked myself a return flight.
Old Feb 20th 2004, 5:32 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by sunflwrgrl13

I don't think Scott's even going to bother calling the airline after he gets here.

Jamie
Hehhehehhee! Call it the "USCIS Induced Paranoia of Rule Following" ! (Sick as it is, I do have to say that I breathed a sigh of relief when Mr. Pink made the call.........)

~SG
Old Feb 20th 2004, 5:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Hehhehehhee! Call it the "USCIS Induced Paranoia of Rule Following" ! (Sick as it is, I do have to say that I breathed a sigh of relief when Mr. Pink made the call.........)

~SG
LOL..you too silly, woman! But I do understand the paranoia. Always wondering if Big Brother is listening in or checking phone bills. Eh, screw 'em if they cant' take a joke.

J
Old Feb 20th 2004, 6:19 am
The Missus

Originally posted by sunflwrgrl13
LOL..you too silly, woman! But I do understand the paranoia. Always wondering if Big Brother is listening in or checking phone bills. Eh, screw 'em if they cant' take a joke.

J
Hehe again! I bet Scott calls once he's here.........

~SG
Old Feb 20th 2004, 6:21 am
BE Enthusiast

whistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura about

Hehe again! I bet Scott calls once he's here.........

~SG
How's married life SG & MrP????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.