Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

which one is faster from Dubai (United Arab Emirates ) :Marriage visa OR Fiance visa ? Now in 2005 ?

which one is faster from Dubai (United Arab Emirates ) :Marriage visa OR Fiance visa ? Now in 2005 ?

Old Aug 19th 2005, 2:51 pm
farshadkhan

Default which one is faster from Dubai (United Arab Emirates ) :Marriage visa OR Fiance visa ? Now in 2005 ?

Just a simple question: which way reaches faster to visa: Marriage or
fiance ?
I know this is a popular question but I want fresh information
particularly for United Arab Emirates branch of American Embassy and
for year 2005 or 2004 .

Thank you in advance...

Old Aug 19th 2005, 10:55 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: which one is faster from Dubai (United Arab Emirates ) :Marriage visa OR Fiance v

Originally Posted by farshadkhan
Just a simple question: which way reaches faster to visa: Marriage or
fiance ?
I know this is a popular question but I want fresh information
particularly for United Arab Emirates branch of American Embassy and
for year 2005 or 2004 .

Thank you in advance...
Generally a Finacee Visa is currently quicker, I do not believe it makes much difference on the Embassy and I doubt that anybody has stats on individual embassys.

But better to ask on the marriage board.
Old Aug 27th 2005, 11:45 am
Banned

marasmus is a jewel in the roughmarasmus is a jewel in the roughmarasmus is a jewel in the roughmarasmus is a jewel in the roughmarasmus is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: which one is faster from Dubai (United Arab Emirates ) :Marriage visa OR Fiance v

it takes a fiancee visa faster to get to the US but remember when you get here you have to do all the stuff the marriage visa would have handled back at home.

I think the marriage way is better because you land in the US with permanent residence status.

But if you want to be with your 'spouse to be' faster, you can do the fiancee thing but dont be surprised when you take much longer when you get here to do simple stuff like get a work permit, SS# and so on.

When you land with PR status, that stuff comes in days.

===============================

Originally Posted by Boiler
Generally a Finacee Visa is currently quicker, I do not believe it makes much difference on the Embassy and I doubt that anybody has stats on individual embassys.

But better to ask on the marriage board.